johnnyboy

Prairie Fire developer in Ukraine needs help

One of the developers of the awesome Prairie Fire DLC is in Ukraine and trying to get out.  This isn't a political statement, but a plea for a community member.  He's leaving all his possessions behind, so a fund raiser has been set up by the head of Savage Game Design Rob Graham.   Please consider it.  I hope this isn't a BI forum violation, but this is a special situation.

https://fundrazr.com/b1xPa7?ref=ab_3U6lFVtqem23U6lFVtqem2

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Done, will share with my community as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Harzach said:

Done, will share with my community as well.

Awesome, thanks Harzach!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The moderation team approved this post.

Though in general it would be preferable to contact moderators first for approval.

• Thanks 1

Not for about 24 hours.  He definitely has a lot of good advisors. They're remotely trying to help get him to the border.  Once there, people will meet him.  There aren't any details provided for obvious resasons.

Donated!

Hope things go well for his sake and he gets to where he needs to go without the anxiety, emotional or otherwise hardships that

come with a warzone, like i would know none the less, let him get to where hes going to and back to the community

with peace of mind.

• Thanks 2

Here's the latest status post from Rob Graham on the fund raiser page.  Its 13 hours old now.

"Our guy had a full medical exemption from serving, but it only applies in peacetime. He was initially allowed to leave but now is not. As the laws changed rapidly in the past few days he is registering with the military now despite being quite unfit to serve. His girlfriend could have left yesterday to meet our team just on the other side of the border but she bravely chose to stay with her man. We are now turning our mission to supporting them to live under a roof in the warm for the next months as the war situation evolves. Thank you all for your donations and words of support so far! It means a lot to them and gives them resolve together."

He didn't get out quick enough.  Bummer.

The fund raiser has been closed, and this is what is now posted at the fund raiser link:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2