Sign in to follow this  
hneel

Multiplayer annoyances

I don't like custom sounds being played at times when soldiers should be paying attention for a perfect mission. A perfect mission to me is all objectives complete and noone dies. I've had the chance to experience a perfect mission on an occasion or two. Factors being that we were all in high morale, we knew where each other was, we all knew what areas to approach and work on based on our weaponry, we were all confident, and we all didn't talk during combat except if it was combat information. So I'd have to say that yes, voice files can be annoying only when you really need to concentrate and listen to sounds of ak fire but some jerk is trying to make you all laugh as if to kill you all. My pet peeve is when the annoyer starts carrying on a conversation during the actual fighting like he just decided to stop fighting and comment, or spectate I'll say. War is not a spectator sport. Fight or die!

Edit: (bullets flying all over) What do we do?, Can we take their guns?, Do we fire? (Duh, they're shooting at you!!wink.gif, Can we ride in the vehicles?, (or any other stupid comment)

Custom sounds dont annoy me being played, its when someone tries to connect to the server with a massive custom file and it lags the whole game up because of it.

GoGoGo's aren't annoying really, its not as if it affects the actual gameplay, TKers are probably near the top of the list, not accidental TKers, i mean the guys who do it just to get on others nerves, obviously, spawn rapers fall into that list too...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Mar. 15 2003,21:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't like custom sounds being played at times when soldiers should be paying attention for a perfect mission.  A perfect mission to me is all objectives complete and noone dies.  I've had the chance to experience a perfect mission on an occasion or two.  Factors being that we were all in high morale, we knew where each other was, we all knew what areas to approach and work on based on our weaponry, we were all confident, and we all didn't talk during combat except if it was combat information.<span id='postcolor'>

Exactly. That is how ofp should be. I have been in a game where people are just screwing around and not following the game plan over-playing annoying custom sounds instead of focussing on the mission. I have recently thanks to SES had the pleasure of playing in games with good people, who concentrate on the job at hand. Playing co-op with people you know who are dedicated to completing the mission using teamwork, is possibly the most enjoyable aspect of ofp.

Guess I'll toss in my 2 cents and see if I can come up with some original gripes that haven't already been mentioned. These are actually in no particular order but they're numbered for reference...

1)  Missions with 99 of every weapon in every crate

2)  Retarded people who hate snipers because they play missions that fit into #1 where there's more than 2 sniper rifles per side. Snipers don't suck, but that mission sure does! Pick a new map!

3)  People who say they hate that horde of 2082350823 OFP cheaters out there. Hey guys, I've been playing for more than a year and I just saw my first confirmed cheat a month ago. You just need to play better or accept that maybe you're not Rambo.

4) People who come to the bigger FAST squad servers and have absolutely no idea how much they pay for those servers per month. Better still is when those people treat the squad guys like trash. We pay for it folks, so learn to live with some ocassional rules (I'm not saying TKing or giving you menial boring crap is acceptable though).

5)  Seeing "XYZ is Recruiting the Best" yet I never see any of these squads in tournament play. Please come play, because even if you get last place in a tournament you WILL get better.

6)  Squads who drop from tournaments because they were last place. Better still, squads who drop from a tournament before the season is over. See #5.

And last but not least...

7)  If I hear "shock and awe" on CNN, MSNBC, Fox 'News', ABC, NBC, CBS, one more goddamn time I'm going to kill a kitten...or three!!

Another annoying thing - to me, I dunno 'bout you guys - is people on your team who take enemy weapons then run back to your base in the heat of battle WHILE EQUIPPING THAT WEAPON. I find it kind of hard on maps like Desert Rats and some smaller maps to tell the difference between East and West soldiers, so I check out the weapon. If I can distinguish the weapon, then I can tell what course of action to take. But if a friendly West soldier comes barging towards me with an AK when a horde of East are barreling across from the other half of the map, I find it hard to determine who's who. Then when you kill them they start screaming at you. Well, let me do the same...

DON'T RUN TOWARDS ME BRANDISHING AN ENEMY WEAPON! ESPECIALLY ON DARK OR FOGGY MAPS!

Thank you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Skul @ Mar. 21 2003,10:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Another annoying thing - to me, I dunno 'bout you guys - is people on your team who take enemy weapons then run back to your base in the heat of battle WHILE EQUIPPING THAT WEAPON. I find it kind of hard on maps like Desert Rats and some smaller maps to tell the difference between East and West soldiers, so I check out the weapon. If I can distinguish the weapon, then I can tell what course of action to take. But if a friendly West soldier comes barging towards me with an AK when a horde of East are barreling across from the other half of the map, I find it hard to determine who's who. Then when you kill them they start screaming at you. Well, let me do the same...

DON'T RUN TOWARDS ME BRANDISHING AN ENEMY WEAPON! ESPECIALLY ON DARK OR FOGGY MAPS!

Thank you.<span id='postcolor'>

Do you look at the weapon to distinguish friend from foe?

Why not look at the uniform color?

Speaking of which: Do you know those police vs gangster maps? Or those biker maps with black and white shirts?

I've got TK'ed in those maps too, and then get a "sorry, you looked like an enemy" crazy.gifmad.gif

I know that it's sometimes not easy to distinguish light green from darker brownish green, especially with low sunlight shadows, but this....

wink.gif meh, screw the little freaks with their enemy weapons, if you accidently TK them and they scream at you..

scream back at them!  And then shoot them in the leg so they can't walk biggrin.gif  

iCe

The thing I really hate about custom sounds in when they are deafeningly (and I mean that literally) loud!

I've been wearing my headphones and had my eardums imploded by a 600db Homer Simpson "woohoo!".

By far the most annoying part of OFP MP is that I can barely ever play it online anymore. Every goddamn server has it's own special missions that require new soldier units, new vehicles, textures, islands, whatever. Most of the time the servers don't even bother telling you what you need or where to get it, so I'm stuck.

I can never play on pub servers anymore because of this, and I only know one other person who likes Flashpoint (my brother), so the LAN option is out. Clans take too much time and many are filled with immature morons who usually aren't very good at OFP anyway.

Releasing Oxygen was a bad idea, and for exactly the reason Bohmeia initially declined to release it: TOO MANY ADDONS. Yes, it's cool to have units from every goddamn army on planet earth (even if the difference is nothing more than a shitty retexturing job with the appropriate army insignia), and more islands, vehicles and weapons are cool and all, but the flood is so overwhelming no one can possibly keep up with it, and as a result it has totally fragmented the multiplayer aspect of OFP. I go on All-Seeing Eye and see about 1500 Flashpoint servers, 95% of which have no one playing. Why?

Because apparently no one else can be bothered to track down every stupid custom unit either.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (762WorldOrder @ Mar. 27 2003,08:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">By far the most annoying part of OFP MP is that I can barely ever play it online anymore. Every goddamn server has it's own special missions that require new soldier units, new vehicles, textures, islands, whatever. Most of the time the servers don't even bother telling you what you need or where to get it, so I'm stuck.

I can never play on pub servers anymore because of this, and I only know one other person who likes Flashpoint (my brother), so the LAN option is out. Clans take too much time and many are filled with immature morons who usually aren't very good at OFP anyway.

Releasing Oxygen was a bad idea, and for exactly the reason Bohmeia initially declined to release it: TOO MANY ADDONS. Yes, it's cool to have units from every goddamn army on planet earth (even if the difference is nothing more than a shitty retexturing job with the appropriate army insignia), and more islands, vehicles and weapons are cool and all, but the flood is so overwhelming no one can possibly keep up with it, and as a result it has totally fragmented the multiplayer aspect of OFP. I go on All-Seeing Eye and see about 1500 Flashpoint servers, 95% of which have no one playing. Why?

Because apparently no one else can be bothered to track down every stupid custom unit either.<span id='postcolor'>

um 1500 hundred servers? i see only a few hundred.

Very informative threads.  I'm new at this fine game, so I really don't have much right to beef.  I feel very guilty with my 56K modem, but I also see alot of other players with much higher pings than me.  Guess I just want to the game run smooth, with what I have.

Denisky

Bad news is mate it probably wont but if youre not in a huge room it should still be playable. As for MP gaming well, I have recently had some very good times paying coop online, but I must say it is far too addictive. It is addictive to the point where I have overslept massively after going to bed 5 or 6 hours after I promised myself I would. This may sound amusing but it isn't really because it is surprising how strong a grip a game like this can get on you when playing over the net. Playing single player is still as much fun and far less addictive. I think I'll stick to that thanks. Plus I also dont have people bitching at me that I am not flying the chopper right when trying to land a squad somewhere. Also the AI doesn't have a tendancy to tk me when i get in a chopper it wants to fly. Strange but there you go, I think that the AI in this game is so good to be perfectly honest I forget that I am the only human being in the game sometimes. No worries anyway, no more MP for me. It was good but it was just a bit too good, I have a life to live away from OFP also wink.gif

Well my first one would be admins reassigning you to a different spot.

1.I also really really hate the admins that start up a game then right as we get ingame with about 12 people one of their friends comes and they say "sorry guys we have to go back and get em." And You have been waiting for the past 20 mins.

2. Admins who get on and go afk for 20 mins.

3. TKers. Some people are just so trigger happy. confused.gif

4. People who fly a chopper (chinook mainly or something else thats big) and everyone is in. Then all of the sudden they eject and the people inside die from the crash not knowing the pilot ejected.

5. people who take the only chopper and use it for their own personal joy ride.

Thats pretty much it. phew. I feel better. smile.gif

Go,go'ers

Idiots

Tkers

People who bitch and whine..

Idiot pilots that think they can fly

Disrespectful kiddie clans that think they are the best when they come in

admins that dont know jack crap about how to admin

playing that damn bfield 85 map over and over and over and over

I didnt say noobs because we were all noobs once, but sometimes theres newcomers that really should play the single first and know whats going on.

smile.gif

all of the above mad.gif

J/K

Lag and High Pingers are the worst. i am guessing they are the ones who voted for "custom sounds" tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vegabond @ April 02 2003,14:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Disrespectful kiddie clans that think they are the best when they come in<span id='postcolor'>

I particularly hate these. Disrespectful 12 year old gobshites who think its fun to insult people hiding behind a computer screen. I wonder how funny they would think it if they woke up having been drugged and beaten bound hand and foot dumped at the side of the A55 in Wales early in the morning tounge.gif What a bunch of losers wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Winters @ April 02 2003,09:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">all of the above mad.gif

J/K

Lag and High Pingers are the worst. i am guessing they are the ones who voted for "custom sounds" tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hey now!

Some of us don't have anything above dialup in our areas. I'm 56k and never had a problem with custom sounds lagging me...the problems comes in when people play the 'homer simpson - WOHOO!" 25 times in a row and think it's funny.

I only play on servers that are within around 500 miles of me, and therfore, I get reasonalbly good latency - though I still get my ass kicked regualrly due to my higher ping.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (toadlife @ April 02 2003,20:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Winters @ April 02 2003,09wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">all of the above     mad.gif

J/K

Lag and High Pingers are the worst. i am guessing they are the ones who voted for "custom sounds"   tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hey now!

Some of us don't have anything above dialup in our areas. I'm 56k and never had a problem with custom sounds lagging me...the problems comes in when people play the 'homer simpson - WOHOO!" 25 times in a row and think it's funny.

I only play on servers that are within around 500 miles of me, and therfore, I get reasonalbly good latency - though I still get my ass kicked regualrly due to my higher ping.<span id='postcolor'>

I have played many games with guys who have 56k and had no problems with lag, their ping was a little high but a little high is ok. its the guys who come in and are pinging at 700 that drive me nutz "hey, buy a new hamster dood, yours is dead" tounge.gif

Guys that play the custom sound over and over again are a real pain in the arse, thats why i make missions that even though they include custom sounds and music they are limited to intro or outro and can only be played once. if i add anything in the mission its usually just some driving music.

Music playing while fighting can be laggy (although i do have a mission that has music while your fighting, but the song is ending)

Most of all I hate people who play only for their precious frags tounge.gif For example, in battlefield these people 'camp' on top of hills in their abrams tanks (note that they always join West because of fancy hardware like M1A1 and Apache) and shell the respawn areas with HEAT rounds. And when they kill everybody in the village they don't rush for the flag, no way. Instead, they wait in place for the next unfortunate player that spawns in their crosshairs mad.gif These people really piss me off. I usually sneak up on them and put them into world of hurt with my RPG or satchel charges biggrin.gif But it turns out they don't even care, they just snatch another abrams and continue with their mindless slaughter. confused.gif

The next major annoyance are the 'kiddie-admins'. smile.gif Not a big problem, but I noticed more and more servers are being run by punks who are probably getting beaten in school every day, so they act like badass mofos on the net. wow.gif A few weeks ago I was on a server with battlefield. The time was set to 30 mins and I politely asked for more time. The admin, however, responded with 'if you don't like the rules, die!'. mad.gif Not to mention he kept that attitude during the entire game. He even kicked me because I pointed out one of his teammates was cheating (modified noe.pbo, to be precise wink.gif).

Well, those are the things i hate most. smile.gif Custom sounds don't bother me too much, they can be quite amusing and funny.

I hate people with a bad attitude. If you say one thing they don't like, then they bitch and bitch and bitch at you. So, if there's a complete asshole in a game, I just stay quiet, or talk very little, since i don't want to spend the entire game arguing with someone with the mentality of a bratty little 12 year old punk. There's no point in that.

Also, people who play one of the crappest MP maps ever made (usually one they have made themselves) and say 'this map rocks'. You go in and it is incredibly boring (it's happened a few times to me).

One of the best things in operation flashpoint is when a clan that owns a server deside to reassign a FULL 12/12 player Capture The Island game, that has been running for 30 minutes, since they wanted to play as well.

The other great thing is when one clan decide to play on a server, all of them on the same side, using voice com software (outside of flashpoint, such as teamspeak etc..) and then think they will have a 'good fight' against 12 people who hardly use teamSay, and dont have any teamspeak software to communicate...

MSD clan for example use this.. and "G".

hell if i owned a server would be great no waits ever jus logon and reassign.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Feb. 16 2003,22:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Players who come to our server and do not follow orders and run around on their own.<span id='postcolor'>

Same thing for me

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KuiK @ April 06 2003,09:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Feb. 16 2003,22:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Players who come to our server and do not follow orders and run around on their own.<span id='postcolor'>

Same thing for me<span id='postcolor'>

so true..

Eveything quiters sounds forigners speaking onother language hosts, I did not vote any way tounge.gif