Akibuua-FIN-

Titan Compact top down fire mode missing

In both development branch and release candidate branch (as of 19/02/2022) you can fire the Titan Compact AT missile in only direct mode. None of the commands that changes to top down mode will work. I mean that there are at least two different commands that should change the fire mode, and none of those work. However when AI fires, they prefer (ok always use) top down mode according to missiles flight profile.

This is the case with all factions and it doesn't matter if you use your own factions launchers or pick up one from other factions units or crates.

And to all comments about writing a feedback tracker ticket: I'm lazy and have forgotten my password to feedback tracker, so there you go. Feel free to steal my thunder. And I know this is not big issue, but I'd rather not have this problem in stable version when they update it, so please check for that before uploading the stable version.

P.S. In profiling branch the top down fire mode is still working

• Thanks 1

On 2/20/2022 at 9:47 PM, Akibuua-FIN- said:

In both development branch and release candidate branch (as of 19/02/2022) you can fire the Titan Compact AT missile in only direct mode. None of the commands that changes to top down mode will work. I mean that there are at least two different commands that should change the fire mode, and none of those work. However when AI fires, they prefer (ok always use) top down mode according to missiles flight profile.

This is the case with all factions and it doesn't matter if you use your own factions launchers or pick up one from other factions units or crates.

And to all comments about writing a feedback tracker ticket: I'm lazy and have forgotten my password to feedback tracker, so there you go. Feel free to steal my thunder. And I know this is not big issue, but I'd rather not have this problem in stable version when they update it, so please check for that before uploading the stable version.

P.S. In profiling branch the top down fire mode is still working

I noticed a long time ago, that visually there is no significant difference between shooting in top mode and in direct mode. 

For the player there is no point at all in switching fire modes. In addition, shooting in top mode will create a auto-rising bug, Unfortunately the whole AT-missile system is working terribly.

Mickeymen, there is a difference in the fire modes both visually and in actual missile flight profiles. I know you know this just from looking at the omissions list, which shows you have studied this way more than I have, and I agree with most of them. I did  just check it again in main branch. I tested it from a hill just north of Anthrakia, Altis, and fired the missiles south to dirt road about 1000 meters away. Target was an unarmed Ifrit with a short move order to get engine running and thus tracking working. (If you played Warlords Pyrgos Gulf you probably know the place). It's probably the distance to target that makes the difference, since in my experience the closer you get to maximum lock distance of 2000 meters, the difference between the flight profiles gets more profound. I know both fire modes start in slight upward angle (indicated even how the launcher is modeled visually) but the difference in flight profile is most notable in end of the missile's flight. If further proof is needed you can enable bullet tracking with script and really see the difference.

But the main point again was that in development and release candidate branches player does not have the choice to pick top down fire mode at all and the AI does. Well at least you can go prone immediately after launching a missile.

• Like 1

I knew it. Not one developer obviously reads these forums anymore. Not one named development branch anyway. Why would they, there wouldn't be anything useful about their game anyway, like stuff that players note about their coming updates.

So now they have broken both Titan compacts and PCML missiles in main branch also so neither have their alternate fire modes available to the players.

Why have development branches or forums pages dedicated to that branch if you don't read the feedback.

7 hours ago, Akibuua-FIN- said:

I knew it. Not one developer obviously reads these forums anymore. Not one named development branch anyway. Why would they, there wouldn't be anything useful about their game anyway, like stuff that players note about their coming updates.

So now they have broken both Titan compacts and PCML missiles in main branch also so neither have their alternate fire modes available to the players.

Why have development branches or forums pages dedicated to that branch if you don't read the feedback.

Yes! Today I saw that fire modes for launchers are broken by update 2.08.

I created a ticket on the feedback tracker, please support my ticket

• Like 1