Sign in to follow this  
HCStrike

Dedicated Zeus slot not working

I've created 2 virtual curator objects linked to 2 game masters with the variable names of zCreator and zCreator2 respectively and the game master owners of zCreator and zCreator2 . When selecting either of the slots on the lobby and then loading in, I cannot open the zeus interface, pressing Y just pings zeus rather than opens it. I've created a third game master with the name of #adminLogged and when I login as admin, I am able to use that slot. How can I fix this issue so I can use zeus as a non admin?

• Sad 1

Hi @HCStrike, welcome to the forums :). 

The Game Master modules work when they are linked to units. They can be BLUFOR, OPFOR, civilian. Doesn't matter. They are the ones you can give variable names zCreator and zCreator2.

You can also hide and disable simulation the units in their attributes, then check forceInterface in the Game Master modules, to make sure the players stay in the Zeus interface.

Have fun! 

33 minutes ago, Melody_Mike said:

Hi @HCStrike, welcome to the forums :). 

The Game Master modules work when they are linked to units. They can be BLUFOR, OPFOR, civilian. Doesn't matter. They are the ones you can give variable names zCreator and zCreator2.

You can also hide and disable simulation the units in their attributes, then check forceInterface in the Game Master modules, to make sure the players stay in the Zeus interface.

Have fun! 

Hi @Melody_Mike,

Thanks for your help, I don't I've explained my issue that well. I understand how the Game Master module works and as mentioned I have 2 of those set up, each linked to a virtual curator

AtgDnOX.png 

These are how they are set up 

00Q0UyN.pngUKdIBxH.png

But when connect into one of the 2 slots in the MP lobby, I get presented with this

rhkLGOF.png

And when I press Y, I just get a Zeus ping, not moved into the Zeus interface. 

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Oh that's interesting. Never read this method before. I tried it, and it does seem to work on my end. I did not have CBA loaded, however. My first thought would be that (any) mod could be conflicting. 

But I assure you from experience, that my described method will give a fully working Zeus slot for non-admins in a multiplayer (listen/dedicated/JIP compatible) environment. 

Good luck! :)

40 minutes ago, Melody_Mike said:

Oh that's interesting. Never read this method before. I tried it, and it does seem to work on my end. I did not have CBA loaded, however. My first thought would be that (any) mod could be conflicting. 

But I assure you from experience, that my described method will give a fully working Zeus slot for non-admins in a multiplayer (listen/dedicated/JIP compatible) environment. 

Good luck! 🙂

So I think it was a mod issue, I've removed some mods and it now works, although I now get a bit of a different error, whilst in the zeus interface I get a strange glitchy sound and flicking textures, like this

eqPsK6q.jpeg

This only happens in the slot zeus, if I login as admin this is not the case, so I'm guessing it is an issue with my virtual interface I have?

Wait, I'm a little confused. If you login as admin and Zeus, then you don't get this graphical artifacting, but logged out as admin, but playing as Zeus, you do? I would have no explanation for that.

Unless I am reading it wrong, and you get the artifacting/glitching when you are in Zeus mode, versus (what I guess) is regular Spectator cam when taking a player slot as an admin. And that is plausible, because the viewdistance is different between Zeus and Spectator cameras (and Arma sometimes bugs when loading in LODs and textures).