iV - Ghost

[BUG] lockInventory

If I create a crate and try to lock them with lockInventory so that the players can't get at the content

the lock can be bypassed by still being able to access it via Inventory --> Crate on the top left side from the inventory menu.

It seems that the lockInventory command only delete the "inventory" addAction but don't lock the container.

// CREATE AMMOBOX ON SERVER
private _crate = createVehicle ["Box_Syndicate_Ammo_F", position player, [], 5, "NONE"];
[_crate, true] remoteExec ["lockInventory", 0, true];

What is the purpose of the crate, just a visual prop?

If so just remove all the weapons/magazines from it and combine that with the lockInventory command you're using. Even if they do bypass the lock via the method you described, they still wont be able to access anything.

The content of the crate is random and should not be deleted. But my intense was to report the "bug" and hopely get a fix from BI.

I have tried to closeDialog 0; by using the InventoryOpened Eventhandler if the crate is lockedInventory. But I failed.

Maybe have doing something wrong. Will try again.

On 2/15/2022 at 12:44 PM, iV - Ghost said:

the lock can be bypassed by still being able to access it via Inventory --> Crate on the top left side from the inventory menu.

I am not seeing this behavior using the code you provided. How are you adding items to the crates? 

For sure, one problem with lockInventory is that is does not remove the option to "rearm at <crate>".

I'm using the addItemCargoGlobal and the addBackpackCargoGlobal command.

The containers will be created by the server on missionstart.

A way or workaround could be that I set a variable on the locked container

and search with nearObjects by using the InventoryOpened Eventhandler.

But for now this is not my first choice.