d3rt13n

init behaviour for AI to take shortest route and avoid roads.

Hello,

Again, a little question.

1.png?access_token=1!gzJiB1IEWU8oTggEdHL

In Sefrou Ramal, there is a concrete road going from north to south. On the screenshot above my base is in the north center - on both sides of these roads are POI's (points of interest) like the makeshift airbase on the right in the screenshot above. There is also another POI south, also held by IND, but first either objective must be captured before one can proceed to capture the south central POI. I can order ground units around, set their ROE and Speed, via the ALiVE tablet. When I order them to the east objective (for example where the (X) markers are, they will go down the main road (orange on the screenshot) and only when they come across the small gravel road will they make a left turn and scurry back up to the objective. 

Basically they follow the red arrows - and they should be going straight for green.

Now, before you start telling me what to do here are a few things I know:

a) I know about the different behaviours (Careless, Safe, Aware, Combat and Stealth). Have already tried to put that in the init field of the vehicle, but no dice... so... in the init field:

tank01 setCombatBehaviour "COMBAT";

did not yield the right results, same happened, they went down the road again, tried all other behaviours also to be on the safe side.

Next

b) I cannot use waypoints. Like I said, the units are controlled via the ALiVE tablet. so they kinda go as they want when they are ordered to. The units path are not scripted via waypoints, like here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Waypoints

c) I cannot, or do not know how this would work here using the UnitCapture/UnitPlay command as show by Banjo in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2BTPgpWcMg&t=37s

d) the command

car forceFollowRoad true;

Does not work either if set to false

Here is a screenshot of the ALiVE tablet to command the vehicles around. Normally this was made only for air units, but it works nicely with ground vehicles as well. Tested this on Malden, Altis and Stratis where roads are plentiful.

1.png?access_token=1!i8xRKxPaUGvoyEiBt0J

Here and down the road he goes ignoring all the settings.

1.png?access_token=1!dioBfQiLwoJ7THqTmXS

On the map :

1.png?access_token=1!PpwHTSHiMdvXvO7_awc

Please remember I am not a coder, so yes I can copy and paste stuff into sqf files, but if you paste code here, please tell me what to copy, and where to paste it. Don't tell me to 'spawn a loop' or something, because I don't know what that means.

All help appreciated.

2 hours ago, d3rt13n said:

a) I know about the different behaviours (Careless, Safe, Aware, Combat and Stealth). Have already tried to put that in the init field of the vehicle, but no dice... so... in the init field:

tank01 setCombatBehaviour "COMBAT";

did not yield the right results, same happened, they went down the road again, tried all other behaviours also to be on the safe side.

Judging by the screenshot, they are in safe or careless mode because driver of that IFV is turned out.

Try this:

(driver tank01) setBehaviourStrong "COMBAT";

Thank you will try that now 🙂

Your script did work on the tank as a vehicle, but it did not work on the ALiVE module that spawns the tank which does not seem to care about 'setCombatBehaviour' - I am now trying to figure out how to create a tank and attach this / sync it to the player combat support (Transport) module, instead of having that module spawn in the tank.

Another idea is to place a few invisible barrier objects on the road via the editor.   Then have triggers delete them when first objectives are taken.  The hope is AI won't decide to drive on road while barriers exist.

Will try that too - I am also going to try to assign a variable to each of the crew and try to attach the behaviour there and see what happens. Creating a Trigger that on activation changes the combat behaviour did not work yet.

1 hour ago, d3rt13n said:

Will try that too - I am also going to try to assign a variable to each of the crew and try to attach the behaviour there and see what happens. Creating a Trigger that on activation changes the combat behaviour did not work yet.

Notice the difference between setBehaviour and setCombatBehaviour

Ok found how to change that behaviour with Drongo's tablet and then using ALiVE to order them around on the map works. As Foley stated above, since the crew was 'turned' out, their stance was 'careless' or 'safe' and only using Drongo's tablet was I able to get them to change behaviour since I cannot command them directly.

Good grief, this makes it complicated, but at least, I know who has the code to help me out. Drongo. 🙂

I will make a few screenshots of how I found how to do this ingame as well as soon as the mission is finished.

2 minutes ago, _foley said:

Notice the difference between setBehaviour and setCombatBehaviour

Yes I did see that 🙂