GanX

Tank Crew Position Rotation

Hello everyone

I will try to keep this short and simple. I'm trying to learn Arma modding and have been following tutorials and using the Arma 3 Samples as a reference. My tank is coming along nicely but I have gotten stuck on Crew positions and more specifically how to make the Gunner and Commander rotate together with the Main turret of the tank.

I can for the life of me not figure out what makes this tick. I know that the actual crew positions are proxies, in my case "@@armaproxy" and "@@armaproxy.002" which is the Driver and Gunner respectively (my commander can't turn out). I assume that I'm missing something in my Skeletons or Animations that binds the thing that I can't figure out to the rotation of the turret.

I know the positioning is off, but note that the gunner is facing forward when turned out and continues to do so even after the turret is turned.

Any assistance is appreciated!

ItNIfkd.png1Rl5pcY.png

You need to make selections on the model and link them in your model.cfg

Or if you don't need to setup others animations on the proxy you can simply add the proxy to the turret selection.

13 hours ago, mrewok said:

You need to make selections on the model and link them in your model.cfg

Or if you don't need to setup others animations on the proxy you can simply add the proxy to the turret selection.

So the rotation of the crew members is tied to the hatch selections in the model LOD? What you are saying makes sense, but that doesn't seem to work. I am using the Samples tank and config for reference and i know there are some bugs in it, but this is probably me doing something wrong. There is something in the config for it already, so i created a selection for the gunner hatch based on your advice and that is already defined in the model.cfg. See the images below.

And thank you for your assistance, this really has me stuck.

atWfKSO.png

m255fjb.png

if you select the "hatch_gunner" or the "otocVez" selection on your model does it select your proxy too?

If not that is your problem, proxy should be in the one of the selection.

hmmwvturret.png

2 minutes ago, mrewok said:

if you select the "hatch_gunner" or the "otocVez" selection on your model does it select your proxy too?

If not that is your problem, proxy should be in the one of the selection.

i'll add  pics of my hmmwv turret to show you.

Hello again....

I was actually just typing an edit on my previous reply because it just clicked in my head after re-reading what you wrote. You are absolutely right, this was me being dense. I now did the hatch selection and included the proxy triangle for the gunner position in the same selection, and poof everything works like a charm.

Thank you so much for your assistance!