stegman

Logistics, cargo, trucks and AI (humping and dumping)

Hi guys,

Can someone please help me with this one?  

I'm trying to get a logistics system working. 
I'm terrible at coding so have been trying to do this in editor, but cant seem to get it to work.

Its just a silly little background emersion I think might be cool, to see iDap running supplies around the map or something.

I know it can be done, but i dont have the knowledge; 😞

• Lets say Heli01 brings in a cargoBox01 from location01, drops it at location02 and fly's back to location01 to get more. (sling load, easy)
  • I then want Truck01 to drive to Location02, load cargoBox01 (cant seem to do this at all!!)
  • Truck01 then drives to Location03, unloads the cargoBox01, then drives back to Location02 and cycles.

I can load the truck in editor and he'll even unload, but I cant for the life of me get him to do in game!
Helicopter is easy enough via the sling load.

Further to that and more advanced I'd like for them to keep doing this whilst there are boxes in a location or when triggered.
Then when no boxes or trigger, land the chopper and park the truck (engineoff).

Any ideas or tips greatly appreciated guys.

What I have used in the past is I have supplies hidden where I want them to be later. I then have a trigger set to show them when a truck gets to a trigger and sits there for a certain amount of time. You can put some boxes in the back of the truck for decoration.

Many truck loading and unloading scripts have been made but they are broken by game updates every time so much so that it seems that BI does it on purpose. They damn sure don't care about mods or scripts at all.

They made the game for the single player and coop where I guess you can go into some sort of God mode to load and unload that way.

I have searched for awhile this week trying to find one that will work and boxloader (you can find it in the workshop) does work but only on very certain things. It will be totally broken by the devs very soon I'm sure. Why didn't they put a way to load and unload easily IN THE GAME. You can go ask them yourself if you like.

You'll fine demonstrations on the tube but they are either already broken (if you can find the download) or they are for just their groups use, which is their right.

Some guy made a simple script awhile back to load and unload nearby objects, I have it but now the game says it needs another ;    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;. What happened? Who knows, he had it working, now it doesn't. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the semi colon cause it has all it needs.