h34dup

S.O.G. Prairie Fire: Romp in the Swamp '66 [SP]

qmjWWp6.jpg

Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2733296985

May, 1966. US Navy SEALs and South Vietnamese LDNN Commandos are tasked with clearing out Vietcong guerillas along an important trade route in the Rung Sat Special Zone (RSSZ). Time to get your hands dirty.

FEATURES

• A single player scenario designed to match the quality of the S.O.G. Prairie Fire co-op campaign!
  • Over a dozen detailed random sites, random patrols, ambient civilians, and more random elements for higher replayability - you will not experience everything this scenario has to offer in a single, or even two playthroughs!
  • Thousands of hand-placed props and set pieces you can only experience in this scenario for maximum immersion - from a deadly bamboo stronghold to an enemy-occupied cave!
  • Virtual arsenal supported, AI revive script, limited High Command, and other features to tip the odds in your favor!
  • Dynamic Simulation and Show/Hide used for optimized CPU-friendly performance!
  • No additional addons required besides the S.O.G. Prairie Fire CDLC (rare for my scenarios)!

AUTHOR'S NOTES

• This is my fourth release for the S.O.G. Prairie Fire CDLC and the first since the jaw-dropping update that added US Navy SEAL and UDT units and equipment.
  • Although I have a lot of learning to do, this scenario is inspired and informed by both historical and fictional sources related to UDT, primarily SEALs: UDT/SEAL Operations in Vietnam by T.L. Bosiljevac, as well as sources from Osprey Publishing and generally following historical discussion threads on the SOG PF Discord.
  • This is a work of fiction, any resemblance to real people, units, or events is purely coincidental.
  • The author and this mission is not affiliated with Savage Game Design.
  • This is a beta release, some bugs may exist. Also, it's Arma, so there are bound to be things that will affect your playthrough. Reloading the mission can solve some issues. Please let me know if you run into any game-breaking bugs.
  • NOT RESPONSIBLE for any game-breaking bugs or issues playing with any addons in addition to the required ones listed here and I can't be held responsible if things don't work because of another modder's addon.
  • I'm interested to hear about your playthrough! If you enjoyed playing, please leave a comment, give a thumbs-up, or add it to your faves!

CREDITS

• Thanks to SeaCow-52 for beta testing, feedback, and suggestions
  • Savage Game Design
  • Uses Mynock's Super Simple Surrender script
  • Uses pierreMGI's AI revive script
  • Shout out to the SOG PF Discord and the helpful folks and vets there
  • BI forums and BI wiki for helping solve virtually any bug or problem
  • Post processing effects created using Recolor addon
  • Like 6

Excellent mission.  Best Prairie Fire mission I've played.  Its very replayable, and I know this will be my go-to SOG mission for fun.  I can tell a ton of work went into this.  I recommend voicing it, as that really adds another dimension.  You can likely recruit voice actors.  I volunteer for some of the lines if that helps.

You might also consider using some of my scripts for additional spice:

Your mission is excellent already without adding any of the above.  I'm just letting you know these scripts exist, and maybe they interest you for a future mission.

How long did it take you to build this mission?  You're motivating me to finally build a SOG mission. :thumb:

• Like 2

I've modified my SOG AI mod to support this excellent mission.  🙂  So now you don't see the option to spawn an AI group.  After your AI team joins player squad, SOG AI initialization happens, and your squad is then under wheel menu control.  This is a great free roaming mission, and perfect for my mod.  The only occasional problem is AI boarding of boats (a vanilla ARMA problem), but I'll likely script a solution for that also (I hate waiting for dumb AI to swim around to board).

• Like 2