PazicPB

Insignia not showing up issue.

I have been trying to get an insignia to work as a mod but when i get ingame to put the insignia on it pops up with something like "insignia not identified" and when i put the insignia on there is no image of it i can just select 856ba7e13a191b0cdd1cf0470ff17fd6.pngthe name.

under identity? and also the path of the addons seems wrong

On 1/26/2022 at 8:42 PM, zukov said:

under identity? and also the path of the addons seems wrong

How can i have the pathway wrong? I also tried making an icon folder because it says it is missing that but it still hasnt worked.

Pathway: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@novi\addons

20 hours ago, zukov said:

I had it the same but i tried messing around with it and it didn't work but the I tired this layout and making my own:

class CfgUnitInsignia
{

class insignia_test1
    {
        displayName = "Test Insignia";
        author = "You";
        texture = "\insignia_addon\icon\test.paa";
        textureVehicle = "";
    };

};

If you use this:

Your addon should be:

Main folder:

@inisigna_addon 

first subfolder:

Addons

And in the Addons folder your .pbo shouldbe named insignia_addon.

In the .PBO you should have your config . Your .paa  should be in a icon folder.

I hope it's help if not i can provide you pics that's show basic organisation to create pbo. 

• Like 1

in init fields you have to put this or use the identity fields. 

[this,"insignia_test1"] call BIS_fnc_setUnitInsignia;

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mrewok said:

If you use this:

Your addon should be:

Main folder:

@inisigna_addon 

first subfolder:

Addons

And in the Addons folder your .pbo shouldbe named insignia_addon.

In the .PBO you should have your config . Your .paa  should be in a icon folder.

I hope it's help if not i can provide you pics that's show basic organisation to create pbo. 

Thank you for the reply but it still gave me the same issue even when i changed the names of the files. Thanks for trying to help.
1. https://gyazo.com/b9b0d2436f16b65b26f11e9eaa8f3ab4
2. https://gyazo.com/515390c00669bc333c3a508ccb33b954
3. https://gyazo.com/92e3f0786b7cc4f77a851ee822cd771e

13 minutes ago, zukov said:

in init fields you have to put this or use the identity fields. 

[this,"insignia_test1"] call BIS_fnc_setUnitInsignia;

I dont know what the init fields or the identity fields are

the problem is that you are not on the p drive and your addon is not .pbo on those screens.

You must setup your p drive.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Work_Drive

And build your pbo inside it with addon builder or mikero's tool if it's not in .pbo an addon can't be read by the game...

Also i'm sorry to say that you are in the wrong place to post it as it is the Addon&mods complete section. your post more belong to that section :https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/forum/162-arma-3-addons-configs-scripting/

9 minutes ago, mrewok said:

the problem is that you are not on the p drive and your addon is not .pbo on those screens.

You must setup your p drive.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Work_Drive

And build your pbo inside it with addon builder or mikero's tool if it's not in .pbo an addon can't be read by the game...

do i need the p  drive because i am having more issues with activating that now

yes otherwise all your path are broken wich is actually you issue.

Here is a compilation of tutorials to get started:

i don't know what the heck you are doing here 🤣 :

Simply run Arma3 Tools on steam and then run project drive management th little projectDrive window will pop up then click mount work drive and run.

After that you should have a new drive named p: (obviously) you have to put your folders inside that drive and for all your path don't include the "p:" (except when you are packing with addonbuilder)

Arma3-Tools.png

18 hours ago, mrewok said:

i don't know what the heck you are doing here 🤣 :

Simply run Arma3 Tools on steam and then run project drive management th little projectDrive window will pop up then click mount work drive and run.

After that you should have a new drive named p: (obviously) you have to put your folders inside that drive and for all your path don't include the "p:" (except when you are packing with addonbuilder)

Arma3-Tools.png

thanks that fixed the message but it still doesn't display the image it just has that clear background. btw i had to use texview 2 instead of imagetopaa software because the image wasnt popign up.

Have you properly packed your add-on into pbo? What are the property of your image (does it have alpha etc...) and what texview properties have you setup (dxt1, Dxt5 or argb?)? 

32 minutes ago, mrewok said:

Have you properly packed your add-on into pbo? What are the property of your image (does it have alpha etc...) and what texview properties have you setup (dxt1, Dxt5 or argb?)? 

Also sounds like it might be a dimensions issue if it didn't load in the app itself. Make sure the dimensions are correct, i.e. to the ^2 - 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048 etc.

Also, double-check your path-name and the name of the paa itself because I've seen you reference it as 'test.paa' in your config sample, but then in your file structure it was called 'insignia_addon.paa'. Which is it? Both need to match otherwise you'll get the error you're currently getting...

2 hours ago, mrewok said:

the .ppa is in the icon folder and it was a png before i put it in there
https://gyazo.com/de1988238db96d46ff93111b17013e2d

Well that's not enought infos... i have found back one of my old insignas mod here is one of the insignia in texview:

Insignia.png

As you can see it is 128x128 RGBA DXT5. Try set it up that way.