10thFebruary

GeForce now problem?

Alright so i just recently starter playing arma 3 and i realized that in some servers that use mods like DayZ or wasteland, my game gets stuck in the loading screen and crashes, is there any way to fix it? 

I don't know how to post picures though 

Well, thing is, exile isn't the only one it does the same thing to another mods aswell

From what I understand, Geforce Now only supports mods from the Steam Workshop. Not sure if this applies to your situation, but the game modes you mention often use privately hosted mod collections.

• Like 2

Well, aren't they from steam workshop? Idk any sv that uses mods exactly from steam workshop  to try and see if they let.me join

2 hours ago, 10thFebruary said:

Well, aren't they from steam workshop?

3 hours ago, Harzach said:

but the game modes you mention often use privately hosted mod collections.

In other words, not on the Workshop.  But we don't know what servers you are trying to join, so it is impossible to say.

*edit* - my mistake, I can see the DayZ server you are trying to join in the screenshot you linked above. According to their Battlemetrics page, all required addons are from Steam Workshop, so that's not the issue.

Assuming you are indeed subscribed to all of those mods, understand that every time you join the server (or at least, every instance you run in Geforce Now), all of those mods must be downloaded to the GFN server. This might explain why you are hanging on the load screen - your mods are downloading (and that server requires over 20GB of mods).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harzach said:

In other words, not on the Workshop.  But we don't know what servers you are trying to join, so it is impossible to say.

*edit* - my mistake, I can see the DayZ server you are trying to join in the screenshot you linked above. According to their Battlemetrics page, all required addons are from Steam Workshop, so that's not the issue.

Assuming you are indeed subscribed to all of those mods, understand that every time you join the server (or at least, every instance you run in Geforce Now), all of those mods must be downloaded to the GFN server. This might explain why you are hanging on the load screen - your mods are downloading (and that server requires over 20GB of mods).

Well should i just wait a lot then? But the mods download before i enter the server so I'm not sure 

42 minutes ago, 10thFebruary said:

But the mods download before i enter the server so I'm not sure

I don't use GFN, so I don't know how that part of it works. And I guess you don't have a .rpt file to check since it would be on the GFN server. 

At this point it's not clear to me with whom the "blame" lies - Arma, Steam, GFN, the game servers you are trying to join...

• Like 1

I've seen a number of posts on these forums about GFN and it always seems to have issues. @Harzach covered it pretty well, but it always seems to have issues with modded and/or online play and unless GFN changes the way it handles things i doubt things will improve. 

Idk what to do then, it seems like only servers with a lot of mods do that..maybe i should try as they load in..that's why severs with many mods just "crash", since the game doesn't give me "no responding"

Rpt from your client side can help a little, i mean at least we can get an idea of what your running, regardless of the server your joining,

if you cant join a server, its no different then like trying to load a mission in the editor when your missing mods.

You should still see an error if it is a mod issue that either your missing mods, or something else if not, then

lets take a look anyways.

I would prefer to avoid 20 questions to gather more information on an issue whatever it maybe, so lets start with a full rpt, from your end,

make sure your logs are on which means in the arma 3 launcher parameter it will say [ ] no logs

you want that box unchecked.

After your attempt to join a server then go here ----> C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Arma 3

open the rpt with notepad, copy it all and then paste it here ----> https://justpaste.it/

Click the red publish button bottom center, and then share the link you get.

Just now, Gunter Severloh said:

Rpt from your client side

That's the thing, the client is the GFN server, I'm pretty sure that there's no .rpt on his PC because Arma isn't installed there.

I see, got me confused then, need more details and info then, maybe its possible the mods on his end are corrupted

as if they are, he wouldn't be able to join a server.

Well yeah, it doesen't seem that i can find the rpt file but i tried to join an altis server, that doesent have any mods , and it still does the same , stuck in loading screen but game doesent crash since the fps counter keep moving between 800 ans 900 fps, and shift tab works aswell

4 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

I see, got me confused then, need more details and info then, maybe its possible the mods on his end are corrupted

as if they are, he would be able to join a server.

Okay so i can troubleshoot report that contains game logs and some infos if that help

On 1/26/2022 at 11:49 PM, 10thFebruary said:

Okay so i can troubleshoot report that contains game logs and some infos if that help yw

Okay so i think i found a fix, i can join servers from the game menu, like not in the launcher but i don't know how to download mods without the launcher

Sorry for a late response, projects and work been keeping me busy but seems from your last post here you said you figured it out.

Here is an alternative to the Arma 3 Launcher

https://a3launcher.com/

If you go to my compilation list seen here:

Tools & Utilities Compilation List

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/226269-tools-utilities-compilation-list-for-arma3/

Then scroll down to the category titled "Launchers" open the spoiler and take a look at the launchers there, see which one

can help you out. Already linked one of them thats on the list.

Hope that helps! Cheers!