Sign in to follow this  

I was just randomly browsing Steam and I came across WARNO, a new Cold War era title that Eugen is developing. It is currently in early access so hopefully we can avoid another Red Dragon launch. Too bad they didn't just patch deployment waypoints into Red Dragon but alas, here we are. The show must go on.

Not sure in what state it currently is in though, their official forums doesn't even have an announcement (hmm...) let alone a section. Seems odd, even if the place was a bit of a cesspit. On the other hand, advertising always was Eugen's problem. I get behind spending money on development over marketing but you gotto let people know you have a new thing going and these days it's easier then ever, yet...

Are you ready to take command?

Deploy into an authentic, expansive, and meticulously researched Cold War real-time strategy game with WARNO. As the spiritual successor to the acclaimed Wargame series, WARNO is the ultimate next-gen World War III battle simulator.

Two years have passed since Gorbachev’s overthrow in a coup by hardline communists, and now, in the dark summer days of 1989, the Cold War finally turns hot. The armies of NATO and Warsaw Pact have deployed in a divided and tense Germany. Conflict is imminent. The only thing left is to wait for the inevitable Warning Order that will begin it all. War is coming home, commanders…

WARNO - Warning Order - lets you command your customized battlegroup and lead hundreds of Cold War-era units to victory on dynamic, tactical battlefields. Choose between the arsenals of NATO or the Warsaw Pact, and fight across a multitude of solo and online modes against challenging AI or human opponents in massive 10v10 battles. Show your mettle as a strategic commander in the turn-based Army General campaigns depicting a devastating, techno-thrilling World War III in Western Europe.

More info also on Steam WARNO News Hub.