freedom420_incoming

AI reacting confused to Attachto objects.

Hello, I just noticed whenever I attach a lot of things to huron, the AI pilot stops following waypoints, and keeps going up, even with "careless" behavior.
when I keep a single submarine attached, it follows the waypoint.

so is there any way to make AI strictly ignore any attachto objects? as if they were never there?

iirc this does not depend on the amount of objects but how they are colliding with the model. try attaching some small helper and attach all other objects to that helper.

• Like 2

On 1/17/2022 at 3:09 PM, nomisum said:

iirc this does not depend on the amount of objects but how they are colliding with the model. try attaching some small helper and attach all other objects to that helper.

I just did that, attached all extra objects to a helper then attached the helper to the helicopter. no difference, the AI pilot still keeps going up endlessly. 😞

• Sad 1

What are the attached objects?  If they are there for a visual effect only, then you could set enableSimulation false on all the objects.  That might make heli ignore them.

18 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

What are the attached objects?  If they are there for a visual effect only, then you could set enableSimulation false on all the objects.  That might make heli ignore them.

1 HMS Proteus, 1 Huron, and LOTS of VR blocks. That's it.
Removing all VR Blocks makes the Huron (main vehicle) follow waypoints.

On 1/17/2022 at 3:09 PM, nomisum said:

On 1/20/2022 at 7:50 PM, freedom420_incoming said:

i will try increasing the size of the whole thing to make space for the heli so it doesn't collide with anything.

This did not work. the main vehicle (huron) now collides with ZERO objects, attached objects (VR Blocks) were set 100m away.

I made some changes, used the csat taru, replaced vr blocks with colored taru pods, now it follows the first waypoint and then ignores the others (does random aerobatics instead).