LUPINLuther

AMBIENT COMBAT SPAWN SCRIPT

To keep this as simple as possible, I'm trying to create a simple init or rather sqf exclusive function script in ARMA 2 / OPERATION ARROWHEAD that can be easily applied to any and every MISSION where there is a constant stream of twenty or so randomly selected personnel out of a pool of selection spawning around the player or group in a 50 - 200 meter radius or rather customizable distance dependant on variable which can be easily changed coming to assault continuously in combat alert or whatever state with MAXIMUM AI SKILL. This has been done before in a variety of ways with different addons which I've tried all of them, but am not getting the intended result when I have it working exactly the way it does in ARMA 3 as a result of this clever script with some modification. Goes without saying this is just a simplistic version of what can truly be done. Am aware there is various method, but often time they overcomplicate what has been done perfect in this example BELOW. Just don't know where to begin other than trial / error or translation. 

https://pastebin.com/bW5rsA1t

Before you say "just go play ARMA 3" it is not anything close to how fun ARMA 2 standalone is thus I'd like to be able to translate this script above into the intended result for absolute immersion in Mission simulation. Guide me in the right direction for where to begin with translating the functionality back into ARMA 2 format. Have searched this entire forum and only found one post with an incomplete script on how to do this. Would like to keep it to one sqf if possible for modular setups of multiple for different missions.

Summarize what this objective is:

- CONSTANT CONTINUOUS SPAWN AROUND PLAYER

- Check if NPC / PLAyer is still alive if possible

- They have to spawn in a customizable radius via sqf

- They have to have SKILL of 1.0 be combat / aware

- DESPAWN when player leaves area for performance

- This way entire map constant warzone with Mission

- Massive pool of random units / groups customizable

- Not too worried about water detection or fine tune

- There can only be 20 - 60 units at once customizable

- Delay in start of script ( already know this one )

- They have to know where and active pursuit

- MORE stuff you could do, but other AI scripts did

- ONE SQF if possible for modular setups of units

• Like 1

What you propose is not bad, I think that this has already been solved with DAC, I don't know if it meets all your requirements, but it is very good.

• Like 1

Unfortunately no, not quite. Example above is still a much better solution. Reason being it doesn't require ACM whatsoever. Literally, just drop this script into your MISSION with your intended unit pool and it does everything by itself. Right down to how far you want it to SPAWN and also amount of unit with effective DESPAWNING. COMBAT WILL NEVER CEASE in a mission you have this script in and it is extremely performance friendly. It would only enhance an existing experience with no confliction. Have experimented with DAC 3.0 and it although it does offer some kind of solution to intended SPAWNING AREA it is still inferior to simply placing a bunch of unit in MP with a spawn script and having it work out of that context. Appreciate your reply, but I've yet to see it done properly and all it would require is rewriting this simplistic script into ARMA 2 FORMAT ( MUCH EASIER THAN COMPOUNDING REFERENCING IN MULTIPLE SQF VIA DAC ) hence why I'm trying to keep it simple for performance and user friendly setup so if you could point me in the right direction to where good repository for scripting language is it woild be much appreciated will immediately get to work just translating it on my own. It definately could be done, just requiring effort.