avibird 1

What scripts or mod are very similar to the in-game support modules!

I know this has been an issue for a while that you can't have two support requesters on the same side. For example two blufor either two players or different switchable playable units. This is the way it was I don't know if anything has changed or has somebody came up with a solution to allow two players or playable units to have access to it.

I have a workround that the support requester modules would follow the player on any unit he was but that is more geared towards single player then co-op play.  This has been on my to do list for a while.  Is there any new workround that will allow the in game support modules to apply to two different playable units?  If not what community scripts or mods that are very similar to function to the vanilla support modules. I just need the basic functions artillery  CAS support and transport. Avibird.

I scripted a solution that runs the CAS module here: 

You could try and do the same for the others. Just find them in the function viewer in-game and work out what's needed to run them (like what parameters it needs when spawned/called).

• Thanks 1

I will check it out. I am only good at splicing codes together a little but at least it gives me a start to look at. I still can't believe after all this time that Bohemia or someone has not fix or came up with a solution to allow more than one playable unit to have access.  There are a few other mods that offer artillery CAS and transport but I was looking for a all in one script/mod that gives the mission designer the ability to limit how much support can be used like the vanilla modules. A lot of the issues I see with some of the other mods it's usually unlimited once enabled in a mission and can be quite Overkill for a design of a mission.

I found something really close to what I was looking for. Its called Simplex Support Services on the steam workshop its basically the vanilla support modules plus. You use like the vanilla modules and you can  have multiple players or  playable units have access to them if anyone else was looking  for a solution but you must have ACE interaction menu enable so you need ace installed. I don't really use ace because most of my mission designs are around controllable AI/switchable units and the ace medical is a pain in  the ass when you are using AI in your group I know you can turn off the medical part but I just don't use Ace. I use my own modified AIS wounding system in most of my mission. My search will continue but this is a really good option to have. Avibird.

The most simple support script/mod is imo Hermes Air Services by Gunter it on the work shop as a mod or a script in this forum.

13 hours ago, Play3r said:

Hermes Air Services by Gunter

Got to link that stuff my dude

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1610601744

dont forget my Polish brother Rydygier he coded the module, and wrote the script, just 3/4 were my ideas, videos, release thread

either way dont single me out even though you see it on my workshop page, its on Rydygier's too.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Got to link that stuff my dude

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1610601744

dont forget my Polish brother Rydygier he coded the module, and wrote the script, just 3/4 were my ideas, videos, release thread

either way dont single me out even though you see it on my workshop page, its on Rydygier's too.

yes i know was not to make it look like it was only you, but at the time i wrote the reply i was on my phone and just wanted to make a quick reply and just didn't get back to when i go home, Sry 

@Gunter Severloh I had your script for a few years in a folder of to look at scripts. I attempted to use it this weekend but did not work I was wondering if there's an updated version what is the number and when was the last time you attempted to see if the script still works after all the new engine updates? 

Best use the HAS script thread for questions pertaining to HAS considering it has a thread, so Rydygier can also reply as he knows

the code.  I always use the module but i haven't used the module since maybe summer last year, the module is basically the script in

a module format.

• Thanks 1

so after a week or so of testing playing

Drongos artillery and JTACtab advanced support modules are the best options that will allow  A player to use with different switchable playable units with the support modules. I still don't understand why the vanilla support modules will not allow a player to use it with switchable units. Can someone please explain why ?

I imagine it's because the module enables the support for the player unit at the mission's initialisation. Then when you switch player you're essentially becoming a different unit/object within the game, while the module was synced to the old unit that you were controlling. It's the same when dealing with respawning units.

• Thanks 1

I don't play with respawns. I use a health system that your playable unit will never die only go unconscious. If all the playable/switchable units in your group/Squad/Platoon go unconscious the mission ends. I call it the last man  standing game game mode. The JTACtab advanced support module mod is based off the vanilla mods and you have access to the unit on different playable Switchable units in your group so again I don't understand why the vanilla can't work with a little workaround. SMH,🤔 

Could you post a new link or DL that support mod you posted above. The link did not work!!! Avibird