Hello, it's a few days ago when I decided to try again DayZ mod on Arma 2 but now I have a little problem here. I join server, play maybe 10-60 minutes normally and suddenly the game stop responding or (more common case) freeze but only visual. I can hear the audio and if I press ESC (in working state it opens disconnect menu) I can see my mouse cursor moving but that's all. I can't see the disconnect menu. I noticed that before this freeze the GPU usage was 100% and then immediately 0% and during the freeze Arma uses 0% GPU. So I need to "end task" in task mngr and start Arma again. As I mentioned this happens very often. I can play an hour without any problem or I can't play even 20 minutes without crash. 

I also need to mention that I have installed totally clean Windows 11 and installed new Arma 2 there but it hasn't helped me. 

Now I have Windows 10 (v.21H2)

Nvidia graphic card with newest driver

and Intel CPU

I have 32GB of RAM so RAM isn't the problem.

Thanks for any idea how to fix this.

There are people who have problems with windows 11, so I guess your problem would be one of them, but I have never heard of that problem specifically, only BSOD, or crash to the desktop.

Yeah.. and it isn't only with Windows 11 but also with Windows 10.  I installed Windows 11 precisely because the problem appeared on Windows 10. I also tried using old graphic card driver but with same effect. The only thing I have found how to solve this without restarting the game is when this issue appears, and you have black screen ... press ALT + ENTER > Arma comes into windowed mode, and you can see the game again. Now press it again and Arma comes back into full-screen mode, and you can continue playing till the next "crash".  I also noticed (but it could be a coincidence) if you use vertical sync. and FPS are locked on 60 (GPU usage +-50%) it doesn't happen that often. Yesterday I played for 2 hours straight.

What computer are you using the game on? a desktop computer or a notebook?

if it is a notebook, just yesterday I read a post from a user who had this problem, and he said that he discovered that the video drivers of the notebooks are the problem.

In my case I have the latest version of Windows 10 and I have no problems, in fact I have never had them with any version of Windows, only the classic white line in the shadows, but I also think it is a problem with the video driver, with an update of the driver appeared and was never corrected.

Nuke said:

I've had the same problem for very long. This seems to be a driver problem, likely occurring with nvidia mobile gpus. Try the following:

Go to this folder:

<WindowsUserAccount>\Documents\ArmA 2

Open ArmA2OA.cfg

Edit those lines:

winX=0; winY=0;

winW=1920;

winH=1080;

Windowed=1;

If you have another resolution than 1920x1080 then set it accordingly

Save the file

Set a write protection on the file by right clicking on it, select properties, mark the write protect checkbox

This will open the game in windowed mode and seems to avoid the described problem. Once the game has loaded you can go full screen by pressing [Alt] + [Enter]

Maybe it's something like this user says...