avibird 1

Is there a way to prevent a group from combat mode. Only allowing yellow and aware.

One of the issues I see using editor waypoints with a cycle to make a loop ie patrol is the editor waypoints will disappear if a unit enters combat mode. no issues with group patrol on careless. They will still engage units but continue on their waypoint way. Once a units breeches combat mode ie red combat mode (rules of engagement) and red behavior (behavior parameter) editor waypoints will disappear and they will never be replaced once the engagement is over. Fooling around in Zeus I can see this.  Is there a way to prevent a group from ever reaching those two states behavior and combat.

I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to say.

Sets AI group combat mode (engagement rules). For individual unit's combat mode see setUnitCombatMode. Mode may be one of the following:

"BLUE" : Never fire, keep formation

"GREEN" : Hold fire, keep formation

"WHITE" : Hold fire, engage at will/loose formation

"YELLOW" : Fire at will, keep formation

"RED" : Fire at will, engage at will/loose formation.

setBehaviour behaviour

Parameters:

groupOrUnit : Group or Object - Unit or a group

behaviour: String - Can be one of:

"CARELESS"

"SAFE"

"AWARE"

"COMBAT"

"STEALTH"

Yes for what I see the group will never regain their editor place waypoints. The only success I had is with a group on careless. For infantry units not that bad for armor units you need to be pretty close to them to engage and for air units almost impossible to engage in careless. Assigning a group to safe does not work because they will switch to a where and then the combat. Careless is the only one that works with editor place waypoints and that has its many drawbacks. Looking for a solution. I still enjoy using editor place waypoints with some scripting. I prefer not to do a mission with just only scripting I like to see my work on the map with a mission design. But I can confirm that that does not work anymore can you please confirm that to me that there is not something else going on that I'm missing.

I can't confirm it because I'm not at my PC and won't be for a couple of weeks, sorry. But I've never seen an AI group not resume their waypoints, so it sounds a bit odd. Maybe there's a mod changing things on you?

The only mod I am using is Vcom AI but I disable the mod for these groups that I am  trying to setup some kind of set patrol movements for.  Let me test on a all  vanilla test but I tested it before and the same thing happens.