My game hasn't worked with ACE enabled for a long time. It always loads a DLL error, more precisely the error "Extension ace_advanced_ballistics_x64.dll not found" every time I enter any mission.

I make it to the lobby, but it's not possible to start the mission. I figured out a way to get around this: open the game with Battleye enabled, get to the lobby, disable Battleye and enter the quest, but that doesn't work the first time, I have to try it a few times.

It also happens to not work and I have to close the game and open it again, repeating the steps. The problem is that I'm hostage to it and can't play on servers that require Battleye turned on. I've done everything:

uninstalled the game and installed it again. I uninstalled ACE, CBA and installed them again. I have already copied the file "ace_advanced_ballistics_x64.dll not found" from other computers. Nothing resolved.

I suspect it has something to do with Battleye, who accuses the file in question as malicious, but we know it isn't. I have doubts how to create an exception in Battleye, if that really is the problem.

Hope you help me!

Are you running a manually downloaded ACE or a Workshop Subscription.  Not that I this might cause the problem.  If you are doing the manually downloaded make sure you delete the ACE directory first.

Hope you find the thing that is causing the problem.  S

PS- Here is my filehash (get-filehash from windows powershell) for ace_advanced_ballistics_x64.dll:

0C3641E7E81D311C8F8934C98B7D92252A839F8FE7F61585BAC20DD9695903B6

Here is a link on how to generate a hash from your file:

https://www.howtogeek.com/363735/what-is-a-checksum-and-why-should-you-care/

Edited by strider42
Added file hash

First of all, thanks for replying.

I tested it with the mod both from Steam and from the official ACE3 website, both gave the same error.

What do you mean by "delete the ACE directory first"? That I should delete what's left of the mod when uninstalling from Steam? It wasn't clear to me, sorry.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is this "filehash"? What does this have to do with Arma 3, or more accurately, with ACE3? Will this method solve my problem? As I said, I am ignorant of this matter, but I have the impression that one thing has nothing to do with the other. But if I'm wrong, please enlighten me.

Thanks!

Disabling Battleye is the best way to do this. You could also try copying and pasting .dll files from ...\!Workshop\@ace folder into the Arma3 root directory, that might help, but I'm not sure.😀

On 12/26/2021 at 8:37 PM, ZenonAlergico said:

What do you mean by "delete the ACE directory first"?

I was thinking if you were  updating the ACE mods manually.  You are correct that "Unsubscribing" and "Subscribing" from the workshop should do the same.

So for a manually installed version of ACE.  The usual location to put the @ACE directory is in something like (Its the arma programs directory):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3

If you are updating the ACE there you need to delete the @ACE directory before you do the update/copy in a new version.

On 12/26/2021 at 8:37 PM, ZenonAlergico said:

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is this "filehash"?

Check out the howtogeek link that shows you how to use filehash and why it may be usefull.  If you do not know what PowerShell is theny that will be your next search.

Good luck,  S

Thanks for answering my questions!
All possibilities of solving my problem, much more than what you mentioned above, were tried, and without success.

I found the error. The Arma 3 installation folder was directed to another folder with a different character, hence the conflict. Fixed it and no longer accused the error.

My mistake. Anyway, thanks for the help!

On 1/4/2022 at 9:25 PM, ZenonAlergico said:

Thanks for answering my questions!
All possibilities of solving my problem, much more than what you mentioned above, were tried, and without success.

I found the error. The Arma 3 installation folder was directed to another folder with a different character, hence the conflict. Fixed it and no longer accused the error.

My mistake. Anyway, thanks for the help!

How exactly did you fix yours? I'm having this same issue now, Even thought I was just playing fine 8 hrs ago.