Sign in to follow this  
BeakedAxe

Vigor Not Loading (Sad Face)

Since the maintenance you did on the server, Im having problems with the connection to the server. It takes time to open the game and get to the shelter, it takes time to get to the shelter after an encounter. The game crashes more times than usual. My preset takes time to enter loadout.  I also get brief in-game freezes especially when opening loot containers or when a pop up message loads (like challenge, or featured store items). Before the recent server maintenance none of this happened!

I'm a new user (started about 1 month ago, bought premium battle pass and legacy season 2 around Dec 11, and am now working to reach level 35). Starting yesterday I can't even get the game to fully load on xbox,  Sometimes I get the xbox error message "Please try again. Vigor took too long to start. (0x8027025a)".

If the game does start to load correctly (I  get to the "Welcome Outlander" screen and press A to start. I see the credits, see Initializing, Logging into Cloud Service, then Loading Data, and Synchronizing Purchases) it stalls out once I get to the Shelter background image with the "My Garden" sign.

I see the shelter in the background, the text "Waiting..." , hear the "static" noise,  and see the spinning compass loading indicator in bottom right of screen.  It spins, stops, spins, stops, spins, and then finally stops for good with everything frozen. I cannot even get in to collect food/materials/parts/crowns, can't see daily challenges, nothing at this point. I've been completely unable to log in these past 24 hours. Please help.

I'm in the US, my ISP is Comcast, My modem/router auto provides both IPV4 and IPV6.  Thanks.

Update...Just spent another 30 minutes trying unsuccessfully to log on.  Same symptoms and results as above.  In between I played a quick few minutes on FarCry just to prove that it's a Vigor issue as opposed to an inability to play xbox downloaded games.  Please help.

Hopefully you already have done "hard reset reboot on a console" ?

If not do that first.

To perform a hard restart, hold the power button for 10 seconds while the system is on. The system will turn off. When you hit the button again, it will start and display the green start-up screen. All your data is preserved, but cache is cleared and some settings are reverted and log-in or game start issues are resolved.

If that didn't sort it out, then try to delete save game data and give it another go.

Today is Day 3 of the Vigor hostage crisis...Still no log in for me. 

Another day of no daily login, no challenges, and no XP.

@GimbleFIN_ thanks for the suggestions. I had done both but not together.  Now I have and still no joy. 

Next steps look like resetting my console to factory. Hate the idea of redoing all my apps and games but I'm really missing a lot of extra holiday playtime that could make/break my quest to hit level 50 so I'm willing to take extreme measures.

Any help from @fOrsythiaa or the Vigor team would be much appreciated.

Good news, bad news.  

Good news is that I was able to log in after completely resetting my console to factory and redownloading Vigor.

Bad news is that after 1 reasonably good encounter I completely froze in the midst of my 2nd encounter. 

I was looting and the game froze.  I waited for an unfreeze but the screen went black and kicked me back to the xbox home screen.  I was near the locked container so I assume that I was a frozen sitting duck for someone else around and died. But I just don't know.

Definitely made some progress...Can consistently load game, handle shelter tasks, and enter encounters.  But 1 huge issue remains:

If I loot an individual item, like a toolbox or a jug, loot works fine. But any time I loot a box, cabinet, or crate (resulting in a pop up window showing loot detail) my game completely freezes. As in I must reboot to get out of the freeze.  Any help please?

Much better today...Thanks to all the Vigor fans, friends and team for your help and suggestions.  Merry Christmas.