Sign in to follow this  
Sertica

How To Get Vehicle Config Data

I'm making a mod that makes bots use weaponized vehicles like a human.  Currently I'm trying to find the class member names for TI availability and max magnification for crew positions.  I have not been able to find any of this.  I have a clue from https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgVehicles_Config_Reference#memoryPointGunnerOptics but I still don't know where those memory points are in the config file.

Another piece of info I need: the eye position that is used for gunner seat.  I used concrete walls to block every LOS from vehicle to man except a slit that I can see through from the gunner scope.  3d lines from eyepos gunner/vehicle were both blocked and gunner was still spotting man.

onEachFrame {
    {
        drawLine3D [ASLToAGL (eyePos gunVehicleG), ASLToAGL (getPosASL _x), [1,0,0,1]];
    } forEach (gunVehicleG targets[true]);
};

So the correct pos must be in a config class.

If found that turret minFov is the magnification.  Sometimes minFov is sometimes under OpticsIn, sometimes ViewOptics.  Some of them are a formula in string format instead of number.  To reliably get a number in real time would be ridiculously complicated.  It would require checking every possible place for minFov and a parser for the formulas.  Some of the values are wrong.  Slammer does not really have x25.8_ (0.7 * (60*0.5625/120)).   I can't tell what the values in thermalMode array mean.  I'll have to use my own values defined per vehicle and turret.  Configs are too arcane for me.

I used hitpart event handler and shooting the optics to get the eye position roughly.  Not sure whether that will work for intersection checks.

To get bots to shoot HE rounds indirectly I think I'll need a formless targetable object.