Sign in to follow this  
Guest BratZ

O2 quit working

Guest BratZ

Get this...

I am in Ofp testing some scripts and some addons.I quit out to fire up O2 to test some things.

NO luck O2 keeps quitting with an error but yet Bulldozer works.Several attempts O2 isn't starting.I try some other stuff,everything else still works.I reboot several times.

I just had used O2 several times,and starting OFP up several times to test stuff.

Since then I have ,scandisk, made space,removed addons,reinstalled O2 few times and It keeps crashing at startup.I am baffled and its still not working.

Anyone else encounter this odd bug? Especially the fact,I didn't do anything.

I just have been using O2 for like 2 months solid

Guest BratZ

Still no luck,I have spent hours on this.Slightly embarrasing as I do autobody and computer tech.

I have tried everything asides from reformatting and I am not too anxious to do that ATM.

I have searched my drives for temp files or what may be causing this.I have reinstalled O2 and installed to other drives and such.

Messed with my bios,memory timings and such.I'm stumped.

But like I said nothing happened that should have stopped O2 from working.

I was alternating from running O2 and OFP ,same thing I do everyday.Everything else works (my Tribes2 works)

So asides from reformatting ,my projects are at a standstill.

I am on the verge of walking in vehicles too.I can use my sons puter on Monday but I hear C&C Generals calling me.Laterz

Very odd... when i first started using O2 it kept crashing on me every single time i tried to use the command for setting textures... still does...

not sure what to say...

What type of operating system do you use?

Guest BratZ

I am using Win98se and 512 ram,and like I said tho,It was working like a champ.Nothing happened that should have stopped it from working.I was alternating the use of OFP and O2 (same thing I do everyday) But now O2 gets this error on startup:

OBJEKTIV2LIGHT caused an invalid page fault in

module OBJEKTIV2LIGHT.EXE at 019f:004de62f.

Registers:

EAX=00000000 CS=019f EIP=004de62f EFLGS=00010202

EBX=015335c8 SS=01a7 ESP=007cf52c EBP=007cf550

ECX=00007fff DS=01a7 ESI=01632360 FS=18c7

EDX=00017ce4 ES=01a7 EDI=007cf560 GS=0000

Bytes at CS:EIP:

89 48 54 8b 45 fc 3b 47 0c 0f 8c 6d ff ff ff 33

Stack dump:

01532b70 015314f4 015335c8 00000300 00000010 01633ed0 007cf5a8 015314f4 00000007 007cf5b4 004de526 007cf560 015314f4 0050e864 0050f868 01633fb0

Looks like a memory error,I recently installed a memory manager and still no luck.

Nothing wrong with my puter that I am aware of,nothing running in background...its a gaming machine and I don't run crap like that.Even my power settings are disabled.

I play Tribes 2 steady (twl clan) and I just played BF1942 all night.(btw their planes are very low poly models,not as nice as I was remembering) But still a blast nevertheless.

Other things I have tried:

Reinstalled OFP,made room,scandisk (no errors),spyware scan,bios things like sys accel,ram timings and such.Reinstalled O2 and another to another drive.

Its only O2 not working (did it expire or somethinmg?)

Try copying your flashpoint.cfg file from your ofp directory

to your bulldozer directory, sometimes the file becomes

corrupt and needs to be replaced. Probably not the solution

but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Guest BratZ

Yes I tried,tried the default install one,and even changing figures myself.

I removed all recent addons that may been related,also reinstall OFP

Almost to last resort of reformat and not anxious and thats not guaranteed

I think when I first installed O2 it did something similiar,can't remember.Thought video drivers fixed it.

But how would something like that have changed while I was using the computer?

I'm stumped,I'm usually the one to figure things like this out....

Why me ,lol

Guest BratZ

I built up the energy to reformat and I now have a working O2 again.I will never know what the problem was, had to be just a bad temp file somewheres.

But the lights are back on at BraTTy's WW2 Hangar!!! Woot

No work was lost ,just time and patience (I did forget to save my fav weblinks tho)

Just gotta stop breaking the tools

Good to know. I was just hunting down any messages you might have posted on O2, to see if I could help, because I saw you mention elsewhere that your O2 was broken. Turns out you had already tried everything--and I mean everything.

Well, you didn't mention whether you'd cleaned any O2 entries out of your windows registry; I would have tried that. You probably tried looking through O2's directory for temp files, but did you look for hidden files? I dunno if Windows will absolutely show all files, but if you open a DOS command window, and use ATTRIB, you should see a list of all files, I think, even hidden ones and 'system' files.

The error message above is, AFAIK, related to a mis-identified .dll folder within Oxygen's options menu. I've had the same problem, and I tracked it down to that particular cause.

I actually didn't try cleaning my registry and thats a good idea.I wouldn't really recommend reformatting except under severe circumstances.I have done it a gazillion times myself over the last 20 years.I have stuff prepared to make it easier but its always a chore and you always lose stuff ( i do anyways)

Heres my O2 options if you ever make it back into O2:

8.jpg

I cant get to the options cause it crashes as soon as it starts up. Para, how have you fixed it, Im no computer genius so i havent a clue what your talking about biggrin_o.gif

I found and removed the registry entries for Oxygen, which will allow you to get back into Oxygen. For my PC, running Windows 98 SE, the registry entries are located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bohemia Interactive Studio\OBJEKTIV2LIGHT. Make a backup of your registry, and then delete that entire key. That will allow you to get back into 02. Once you do that and get things running again, don't forget to back up your registry again, so that if things go south, you can restore that setting.

If you go to START -> Run and type

regedit.exe

It takes you to the registery editor. This looks just like a normal filetree thing but its a list of values (or something)

Everyone always says backup the registry but Im not sure how myself.

Values in the registry are like properties in O2 models.

If any PC literate people want to translate this please do so.

If you go to START -> Run and type

regedit.exe

It takes you to the registery editor. This looks just like a normal filetree thing but its a list of values (or something)

Everyone always says backup the registry but Im not sure how myself.

Values in the registry are like properties in O2 models.

If any PC literate people want to translate this please do so.

If you want to back up the registry, fire up regedit.exe, click on the 'registry' tab, and then select 'export registry file'. Select 'all' from the tab at the bottom, select a location/file name, and hit 'OK'. Your registry will then be exported and backed up. Proceed.

Ahh so you saying cleaning the registry solved it ? Sweet and thanx Parabellum

Altho I needed the cleaning,will save me a format if it happens again

Should have thought of that, the way O2 ocassionally corrupts the flashpoint.cfg and such

Makes me wonder if it may corrupt other registry entries

I'm glad that fixed your problems. Always remember to back up your registry before you mess with it. If you don't, and you mess something up, your system may become unusable.