AirShark

Dynamic Vehicle Camshake

Dynamic Vehicle Camshake 

A collection of functions that extend the usage of camshake for immersive vehicle operations.

features:

-Collision Impact:  adds dynamic camshake when vehicle impacts, like when ramming into other vehicles or hitting an object at certain speed also triggers when

jumping from hills and ramps, it is based on simple formula,  camshake sensitivity = (speed / mass) * force.

-Fire Power:  adds camshake when shooting from behemoths armament  like 155 howitzers or rocket Artys to simulate ground 
trembling due to the excessive recoil, later i extended it for universal use including  (HMGs, cannons ,mortars...etc)
it works with every mounted weapon that inherits from vanilla classes.

-Over Speed/High Friction
camshake effect appears when reaching supersonic speed for Fixed Wings or the conventional maximum speed 
for most ground vehicles, adjustments are based on the category. (tracked/wheeled/air).

-Surface Terrain Friction: once you are off-road in a wheeled vehicle the camshake kicks in to embodies the Friction and the higher the speed the severe it gets
once you follow the road or slow down it will smooth again, while the Tracked vehicles has no effect as they are meant for all terrain purposes.
APCs will have 25% less sensitivity due to the size and the number of wheels they have.

-Near Fire Power: similar to Laxemann's twitch once you are near a vehicle that shoots the effect kicks in, 
however it uses FPC as references and works only when on foot, and sensitivity adjusted based on how far you are 
from the firing vehicle max distance (69m), the effect is mostly noticeable on Artys that if you use the default values
in FPC, though it uses Vars from FPC its actually isnt required.

-Crew Hit Reaction:  the differences between the standalone and this, is that this last adjust the camshake based on the projectile and its velocity rather than
hitpoints also it includes fixes from DVC and further optimized. do not use it with the standalone version !

CHR standalone version:
https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/235243-crew-hit-reaction/  (Obsolete)

Customizability via CBA menu

Download: 

Dynamic Vehicle CamShake v2.1.1

requirements: CBA

issues:

-CIC may not work with certain vehicles. (Related to EH nothing can do)

-FPC (non tracked vehicles) the camshake occurs for FFV positions for commander and gunner seats if found. 

Credits:

-AirShark

-Curious

Big thanks to the community for the heads-up it wouldn"t be possible without their help.

• Like 14

Version 1.1
-minor changes in CIC and FPC.
-Tweaked Default values for Autocannon in FPC.
-Tweaked Default values for Cannons in FPC.
-changed the Default minimum speed trigger for planes in OSC to match the Vanilla sonic boom.
-added the missing Mortar checks for FPC.
-added Mortar in FPC CBA settings.
-added the missing full disable checkbox for CIC and OSC in CBA (require mission restart).
-fixed rpt, Error devisor when get hit while in static Weapons using CIC.
-fixed CIC check still looping when disabled in CBA.

• Like 5

Through a decade of gameplay ive noticed that both Wheeled and Tracked vehicles perform the same in all surfaceTypes except Tracked vehicles are slower in speed hope this little function will make a slight difference to give the roads a purpose :)

Version 1.2

-Added New function:

Surface Terrain Friction: once you are off-road in a wheeled vehicle the camshake kicks in to embodies the Friction and the higher the speed the severe it gets,once you follow the road or slow down it will smooth again, while the Tracked vehicles has no effect as they are meant for all terrain purposes. APCs will have 25% less sensitivity due to the size and the number of wheels they have.

• Like 1

Version 1.3
-minor changes in OSC.
-added Boat check in OSC. 
-added camshake when vehicle Splash into water in STF (Sensitivity impact based on speed).
-added camshake for amphibious vehicles when driving on water in STF (based on speed).
-added CBA custom settings for all the listed above.
-fixed STF camshake triggered when above Terrain level (when jumping from heights or vehicle drop). 
-fixed CIC all rpt errors related to zero Devisors (or atleast most of them).
-fixed CIC camshake output when the result is beyond 100.
-fixed All functions not working when you mount Another Vehicle (Thanks to Curious).
-OSC disabled by default (performance impact higher than potential and requires a rewrite). 

• Like 2

Version 2.0
-Added New Function:

Near Fire Power Camshake: similar to Laxemann's twitch once you are near a vehicle that shoots the effect kicks in, 
however it uses FPC as references and works only when on foot, and sensitivity adjusted based on how far you are 
from the firing vehicle max distance (69m), the effect is mostly noticible on Artys that if you use the default values
in FPC, though it uses Vars from FPC its actually isnt required.

-fully Rewrote OSC, FPC and STF for quicker responce and optimal performance.
-FPC Tweaked MG/HMG sensitivity for Tracked Vehicles.
-fixed FPC sensitivity increases with the decrease of FOV eg: zooming in through optics.
-fixed problems with initialization, Execution and broken Termination for all functions.
-fixed CIC all errors related to zero Devisors.
-imported Crew Hit Reaction to include all the fixes in DVC (delete the standalone if you use this).
-Optimized CIC and CHR.

• Like 4

I honestly can't imagine the game without this, really does add a new dynamic.

• Like 1

Version 2.1
-Remake CHR: 
 * sensitivity adjusted based on the projectile size used against player vehicle instead of hitpoints.
 * sensitivity adjusted based on the Velocity of the hitby projectile.
 * explosions that hit near the vehicle instead of directly have their sensitivity reduced.
 * uses Vars from FPC and NFPC.
 * fixed CHR sensitivity increases by FOV.
FPC:
-fixed sensitivity overrides if vehicle operating multiple weapons in different crew position.
-fixed sensitivity of vehicle weapons operated by crew gets override if player is using the main weapon in gunner position.
-fixed the effect still appears after disabling specific category which caused by FOV fix.
-fixed HMGs/MGs still causing the effect for tracked vehicles due to FOV fix. 
-fixed wrong frequency adjustments for FOV fix.
-fixed script not working on certain missiles/ATGMS (more compatibility with vehicle mods).
-Tweaked small mounted weapons (ATGMS/HMGS/GMGs..etc) now causes the effect only if operated by player instead of been crew effect.
-Tweaked FPC and CHR, cannon sensitivity now varies on 105, 120, 125mm and the weapons that inherent from.
NFPC:
-fixed wrong frequency adjustments caused by distance checks.
OSC:
-fixed rpt error undefined variables.
CIC:
-fixed rpt error, error devizor when vehicle gets destroyed (mostly aircrafts when they hit the ground).
Overall:
-changed script suspension with script termination for (CHR, CIC, FPC) to save CPU checks for other loops.

quick note: STF water surface now requires STF enabled. 

,enjoy :smile_o:

• Like 2

Getting errors when placing a zues module in editor, something about DVC units. this mod looks good though

6 hours ago, redarmy said:

Getting errors when placing a zues module in editor, something about DVC units. this mod looks good though

Thanks and its fixed, if you see anything off or another error please let me know, i will release a hotfix in the end of this week if i found any more issues :)

hi, just wondering, is this clientside? or do the server and client both require the mod to be loaded?

2 hours ago, LittleAndy said:

hi, just wondering, is this clientside? or do the server and client both require the mod to be loaded?

MP is where my skills are lacking, i dont think the mod works in multiplayer environment. sorry :/

On 5/3/2022 at 6:28 PM, AirShark said:

Thanks and its fixed, if you see anything off or another error please let me know, i will release a hotfix in the end of this week if i found any more issues :)

Did you update the file? the same error still is appearing in game when setting zues down.

2 hours ago, redarmy said:

Did you update the file? the same error still is appearing in game when setting zues down.

reuploaded now; i was about to release it in friday 

Version 2.1 hotfix
-fixed FPC, the more you zoom in with sights the less the camshake duration.
-fixed config error when placing zues game module.
-fixed camshake occurs on FFV positions (firing from vehicle) partially fixed for passangers seats only.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can you add a tiny camshake when pilot  drop bomb from aircrafts? 

1 hour ago, sammael said:

Can you add a tiny camshake when pilot  drop bomb from aircrafts? 

already there, unless you disabled the z_Others category in CBA. unfortunately bombs are parentless in class except LGBs and if i added each class to the script, the response will be terrible, i tried that to add an option to disable MGs/HMGs it didnt end up good, so i put all the parentless weapons in Z_Others instead :)

btw,

i just noticed that NearFPC is not working at all and throws RPT error after the hotfix, i will remake it  next week thankfully i disabled -nologs by mistake lol 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AirShark said:

unless you disabled the z_Others category in CBA.

I missed this part, wasted hours try to fix it. Thanks for sharing Airshark

• Like 1

8 hours ago, john111 said:

Video?

like demonstration video ?
unfortunately my pctato cant handle long recordings, and my upload speed is like 100kb/s  

also there isnt much to demonstrate lol except maybe some cool cinematics

feel free to add one if you like :)

Where can I download Version 2.1 hotfix? because the  Download: is  Dynamic Vehicle CamShake v1.2H

Thanks 

12 minutes ago, AtomicBoy said:

Where can I download Version 2.1 hotfix? because the  Download: is  Dynamic Vehicle CamShake v1.2H

Thanks 

"H" stands for hotfix lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Version 2.1.1
-improved code and increased responsivness.
-fixed Typos in the init file.
-fixed NFPC not working after the hotfix.
-Tweaked STF, Now is disabled on VR map.

• Like 5