Sign in to follow this  
Vectif

Bastek

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett
DOWNLOAD: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2684046473

About
Bastek is a 8x8km fictional terrain based on the middle-east setting while making usage of the Arma 3 Assets. No addons required!

The terrain was made from researching different regions in the middle east (such as Dubai, Syria, Qatar, Iran, Afghanistan, etc) alongside investigating other games set in such regions. As such, Bastek is no exact representation of any of these locations, but more so a mixture of all of them. It is fictionally located north of the United Arab Emirates and south of Iran.

Bastek features landmarks such as major cities, slums, historical sites, airports, artificial islands, insurgent outposts, and more. The goal was to bring a unique setting that has not been explored much in Arma in terms of it's vibe. Fit for close quarters urban combat and for large scale operations.

Setting
Bastek is canonically set in a time of economic and political turmoil. There is a vast difference between the richer and poorer areas, which has caused many riots and fights in the region. There's a lot of ideals in conflict that range from religion to politics and how the wealth should be divided in such regions, however, all this is often overshadowed by the success and beauty of the more popular and developed parts of the country. A once succesful country, now heading towards war. Insurgencies arise, countries begin to show support... and interest... meanwhile private military companies are starting to exploit the grey areas of their contracts.

Credits
Special thanks to Thoreaufare for testing the terrain with me throughout it's development and inspiring me to keep working on it. Not to mention provide great suggestions; such as the solar farm, the civilian airport, the port, the wind turbines out by sea, and for making the jackup oil rig among other things, such as helping configure stuff.
Thanks to The Majestic Seagull for modelling the custom signs for the town names.

The Jackup Oilrig made by Thoreaufare is now available as it's own standalone composition in the Workshop, you can find it for use in your missions here:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2743023487

Thanks
For providing information and helping me figure things out:
HorribleGoat, Jakerod, Thoreaufare, Opteryx, Adanteh, Ice, Snake Man, Temppa, jujurat, Lexx, Arma 3's #terrain_makers Discord channel, the PMC wiki, Bohemia Interactive.

License
APL-SA: https://www.bohemia.net/community/licenses/arma-public-license-share-alike

Disclaimer
ANY REUPLOADS (STANDALONE OR PART OF MODPACKS) TO THE STEAM WORKSHOP ARE PROHIBITED AND VIOLATING THE STEAM WORKSHOP EULA SECTION 6D, REUPLOADS WILL BE TAKEN DOWN VIA DMCA NOTICE WITHOUT WARNING! DO NOT REUPLOAD.

Support the creator
If every single person who downloaded this terrain donated a single dollar, that would seriously change my life. If you have the spare cash and want to see more creations from me, please consider donating. It is needed and appreciated.
Thank you.
Bcb9y3u.png5ZKUqZz.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1