GanX

Vehicle seats/mount points

Hello everyone

I have done a few smaller mods (mainly retextures) and am looking to get into bringing my own vehicle into the game. Things have been going well so far looking at tutorials and reading up on materials that people have shared in that regard.

But I have one thing that i currently can't wrap my head around and could use some advice on. I can't quite figure out where or how the points for entering a certain seat in a vehicle is defined? I am using the Test Tank that is provided in the Arma 3 Samples and the different seats/positions work just fine, but I cannot from let's say the gunner seat switch to the driver. My problem is with the driver seat specifically, if i spawn in it everything is fine, but if i leave the vehicle I can't seem to be able to get back into it.

I assume that the positions for entering and exiting certain seats are defined by memory points in the vehicle model. But I'm a little bit unsure what to look for.

Anyways, for those curious I have chosen a T-90A model that was free as a sort of first project to see if i could get things working. It drives, it shoots, the turret rotates etc 🙂 so im pretty happy so far.

unknown.png

(Obviously no textures yet)

I also have a short clip here: https://i.imgur.com/kEfYGRt.mp4

Anyways, all help is greatly appreciated even if you can simply point me in the right direction. I don't mind reading through guides or tutorials, I just can't seem to find one that explains what i'm looking for.

Okay, small update on this as it's driving me nuts.

Turns out that it isn't my tank that's the problem, its actually the BIS sample tank. I tried loading the sample tank in without any modifications made to it and it doesn't work. If you spawn in the driver seat you are all good, but as soon as you leave the vehicle you can't get back into the driver seat.

I tested the sample car and that one works fine, I'm currently trying to understand how this is all put together but it's really hard without any documentation/help. So if anyone got any tips then i would be more than happy to hear them.

I just trawled through some base configs for the game and found the following in data_f's config.cpp when I searched for "getin"

memoryPointsGetInDriver="pos driver";
		memoryPointsGetInDriverDir="pos driver dir";
		memoryPointsGetInDriverPrecise="pos driver";

along with mentions for other positions such as Gunner, CoDriver, Cargo etc.

Try adding named memory points to the memory lod as well as adding those parameters to your config.

6 hours ago, Jackal326 said:

I just trawled through some base configs for the game and found the following in data_f's config.cpp when I searched for "getin"

memoryPointsGetInDriver="pos driver";
		memoryPointsGetInDriverDir="pos driver dir";
		memoryPointsGetInDriverPrecise="pos driver";

along with mentions for other positions such as Gunner, CoDriver, Cargo etc.

Try adding named memory points to the memory lod as well as adding those parameters to your config.

Yea, that's the thing, they are already in there. They just don't work 😞

Alright, i think i cracked it now. I did a lot of digging and found the following did the trick for me. So i think that this is something that is actually missing in the Sample Tanks config.

class Test_Tank_01_base: Tank_F {
		hasDriver = 1;
		driverAction = "driver_apcwheeled2_out";
		driverInAction = "driver_apcwheeled2_in";
}

The above code is missing in the file called CfgVehicles.hpp. So for anyone else that may be encountering this or is stuck, there ya go. :)

• Like 1

I'm glad you got it working and on behalf of anyone that has the same issue I thank you for posting your solution 👍