Sign in to follow this  
Lacene

Where To Find Backpacks In Editor

Hello guys. I want to apologize up front for my very noobish question - just got ARMA 3 and trying to learn how to be somewhat competent with it.

Right now, I'm just trying to go into Editor on Altis, create a player, create some targeting situations, and practice shooting at the targets with guns and grenades. Just to get more familiar with the commands.

I've been able to set up all of that stuff, and have created ammo and gun boxes and know how to set up cargo with uniforms, etc.

But the players I spawn have no backpacks - only vests. And I cannot find in the editor menu ANY backpacks to spawn. SO I'm limited in how much ammo & grenades

I can carry. Plus I also want to practice operating a UAV, which will then help me operate a helicopter in the future. So just wondering - where do I find backpacks to choose from

from the editor menu?? Thanks for your help!

Also, I did do a search and found some references to ARMA 3 wiki that had some codes such as:

this addbackpackcargo ["B_AssaultPack_khk",3];

this addbackpackcargo ["B_AssaultPack_khk_holder",3];

this addbackpackcargo ["B_AssaultPack_dgtl",3];

But I haven't gotten far enough to understand what this is, and the info was kinda old (around 2013), so I doubt that it's still valid....

Right click on the unit and go to Edit Loadout. Any code like that though would go into an objects Init field, but it's really only for simple or small amounts of coding. For the example you posted you'd just put that in the init field of anything with a cargo space, like ammo boxes or vehicles etc.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, beno_83au said:

Right click on the unit and go to Edit Loadout. Any code like that though would go into an objects Init field, but it's really only for simple or small amounts of coding. For the example you posted you'd just put that in the init field of anything with a cargo space, like ammo boxes or vehicles etc.

Thanks for the quick reply, beno_83au! I'll give that a try!

Are you saying that you don't have a "backpacks" tab in the loadout menu? Or that there are no backpacks shown in the tab? Or something else?

yIVsouC.png

On 12/5/2021 at 8:59 PM, Harzach said:

Are you saying that you don't have a "backpacks" tab in the loadout menu? Or that there are no backpacks shown in the tab? Or something else?

yIVsouC.png

I am pretty totally noobed up at this point, lol. I may be totally doing this wrong, but I just go into the Eden Editor, and spawn a unit player from blufor, and usually I select grenadier. He doesn't have a backpack - just a vest. Then I go through the menu items on the right side, that has the blufor, opfor, csat, etc., and also items. But I could not find any backpacks there. But the above advice helped me with what I was looking for.

Incidentally, I was able to go into the virtual arsenal your image shows above, and have fitted out two full gear packages and saved them, but have not learned yet how to input them into the editor as a player, if that is even possible. Again, all I was looking to do at this point, was create a player unit to use to learn how to fire some weapons, operate the UAV, and other very basic actions, outside of the campaigns and challenges.....

10 hours ago, Lacene said:

Then I go through the menu items on the right side

OK, that's the editor object menu, for placing objects in the world. Use the virtual arsenal to equip your units.

10 hours ago, Lacene said:

how to input them into the editor as a player

Place a unit in the editor, right click and select "Edit Loadout." Once in the virtual arsenal, select "LOAD" and choose the desired loadout for your unit. Save and close the VA.

Now, if for some reason you DO want to place backpacks on the ground in the editor, select the "props" tab, then expand the "Equipment" section to find its subcategories:

WWXC7Uf.png

• Like 3