icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Pilanesberg, South Africa

I am working on an anti-poaching mission and it will be played on a new area roughly designed on real data of Pilanesberg, South Africa. Of course I am not doing vast touristic complexes and towns nearby, nor the mining operations. But it will be a nice area for vehicle/chopper operations.

It features two airports (SE & NW) and I will try to make it more lush than desert like (since Tonal Reborn & one more desert maps are in work).

Size: 12kmx12km

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Spoiler

Boom headshot!

I am looking for a talented vegetation creator that would make the following:

red bushwillow,  hook thorn, wild pear, buffalo thorn, mountain cabbage tree,  sweet thorn, umbrella thorn, karree, leadwood, tamboti, sweet thorn, black thorn, lavender fever-berry, large-leaved fig, and red balloon tree.

On 11/30/2021 at 12:03 AM, icebreakr said:

I am working on an anti-poaching mission and it will be played on a new area roughly designed on real data of Pilanesberg, South Africa. Of course I am not doing vast touristic complexes and towns nearby, nor the mining operations. But it will be a nice area for vehicle/chopper operations.

It features two airports (SE & NW) and I will try to make it more lush than desert like (since Tonal Reborn & one more desert maps are in work).

I hope I live long enough to see Tonal Reborn. 🙂
When I returned, I thought it would be released already. Only to find out that there's no sign of it.

But if it's an Icebreakr map, it will be fine no matter what. Looking forward to this, and whatever else you come up with.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, W0lle said:

I hope I live long enough to see Tonal Reborn. 🙂
When I returned, I thought it would be released already. Only to find out that there's no sign of it.

But if it's an Icebreakr map, it will be fine no matter what. Looking forward to this, and whatever else you come up with.

I got stood up by at least 2 guys promising objects, showing me WIP shots and then... all quiet. Dissapeared.

I can do Tonal but towns will have to wait for Opteryx to wrap up one of his amazing "desert projects".

• Like 6

Wowee, that satmap looks really crisp, what resolution is it?

4 hours ago, opteryx said:

Wowee, that satmap looks really crisp, what resolution is it?

Teeny-tiny 30720px 🙂

• Like 2

A bit of progress:

- all lakes have been set by Enoch tiles

- roads all set and configured

- vegetation done

WIP until first MP test this Sunday:

- net fence being built around the park

- entrance gates built

- lodges

- airport & outposts

• Like 11

Pilanesberg for @Arma3official test this Sunday. So far I have invited @OFCRA @48thInfantry and SBP Team. Any peeps interested in joining a test with story TvTvT? 9PM CET, 2000Z/UK. Limited modlist. TFAR. 

pilanesberg_media_03.jpg

• Like 10

How do you like the new clutter? 🙂

Pilanesberg has some interesting animals roaming the land 🙂 hopefully someone will make elephants, lions and rhinos for it? 🙂
pilanesberg_media_04.jpg

• Like 9

Buffalo hunting with babes in the pick-up mission, sounds like my kinda deal!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

opteryx: np, we are looking for poachers to hunt 😉 haha

On more serious note, does any 3d/a3 guy know how much work is involved putting this into arma?

Z.jpg
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/max-elephant-rigged-polys-animation/370968
or

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/6-animals-safari-pack-c4d/519422
p.s. willing to pay

• Like 1

On 12/8/2021 at 9:11 AM, LukeCH said:

It would be nice to have some animals to roam these lands

hopefully dangerous hyenas with red eyes...

Big shoutout to EO for helping me out with sky/cloud configuration aka Sullen Skies incorporated 😉 and providing first animals to roam free the land. Big thanks man, you returned hope and my passion in this community 😉
It is nice to recieve support of a modmaker after so many deaf ears.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/10/2021 at 5:34 PM, icebreakr said:

opteryx: np, we are looking for poachers to hunt 😉 haha

On more serious note, does any 3d/a3 guy know how much work is involved putting this into arma?...

p.s. willing to pay

@icebreakr I suggest you add a cheetah or pack of cheetahs as well based on my Safari trips.

Also, you can try to contact Devourer King and A Small Dinosaur for animation help. He IS an animator and also made the really cool EMU (Australia only) pack for Liru

Which is included his Necroplague Mutants Pack: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2616555444

You might be able to ask to scale up the EMU (Australian Bird) to an 9 foot tall Ostrich (African Bird) and offer you a custom version for your terrain.

This is the invite for Devourer's discord so you can contact the dev team and see if they may be able to assist you: https://discord.gg/g3aKAfu7

Cheetahs are rarely seen at this park. I've managed to add an african elephant but I have no clue about animation procedure, as far as I can see most sold animal models already have animations made. Will ask around, thanks. 

When I import my first model to Arma 3 and elephant almost becomes a mouse 😄 

unknown.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

On 11/29/2021 at 11:03 PM, icebreakr said:

Size: 12kmx12km

The South African unit I run only exists thanks to your amazing terrains (Myself and others have before stuck around after missions purely to explore these beautifully crafted terrains, just driving around and enjoying), so thank you for those and the thousands of hours of fun you've allowed us to have. I have just seen this today as I have only just made an account here, I can't wait for another icebreakr map, will definitely share with everyone in the unit when I get home. Those animal models look great, I have ran a few anti poaching style missions and while the tracking elements go very well, it does lack the immersion of actual animals 😛

Once again thank you for your great work o7

• Like 1

@icebreakr

Dear ice, I congratulate you for this and the other works, but with all my heart I beg you to add a town similar to jodotville in the 60s.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

The terrain is similar to the one used in the netflix movie and I think you would give us editors the opportunity to recreate the siege so that our dear fellow hobbyists and us can enjoy it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Frank_Jordan said:

@icebreakr

Dear ice, I congratulate you for this and the other works, but with all my heart I beg you to add a town similar to jodotville in the 60s.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

The terrain is similar to the one used in the netflix movie and I think you would give us editors the opportunity to recreate the siege so that our dear fellow hobbyists and us can enjoy it.

With something like that it is imo easier for us the mission makers to place down the buildings ourselves. Jadotville is quite quick to replicate just by checking a few photos and then placing and adjusting buildings in the editor, if you want I can send over the pbo (if its allowed on this forum) I made for a Jadotville joint op on another one of Icebreakrs awesome African terrains. 

Emmm I already did Jadotville replica on the Chongo map (part of Angola Maps Pack) more than a year ago? 🙂

• Like 1