Sign in to follow this  
_IGL_

Help with synchronized Objects

Hi guys! Have problem with command synchronizedObjects.

The situation is that I am trying to synchronize two objects (machines) with each other and I want to take a list of synchronized objects for one of the machines - but unfortunately the list is empty.

Attention to the question of how to take a list of synchronized machines on one of them without bots or players in the middle. Because if I synchronize a player with a car, everything works, but a car with a car, the list of synchronized objects is empty.

53 minutes ago, _IGL_ said:

Hi guys! Have problem with command synchronizedObjects.

The situation is that I am trying to synchronize two objects (machines) with each other and I want to take a list of synchronized objects for one of the machines - but unfortunately the list is empty.

Attention to the question of how to take a list of synchronized machines on one of them without bots or players in the middle. Because if I synchronize a player with a car, everything works, but a car with a car, the list of synchronized objects is empty.

I'm not a scripting person, but from what I can gleam from the BI WIKI page for the synchronizedObjects command its ONLY intended use is for synchronising units with vehicles, and not unit to unit...

This command only returns the effective commander of a vehicle that is synchronized. You have to use the "vehicle" command to select the actual vehicle. This command only returns the synchronized objects when used on intelligent objects such as units or logic objects. All other objects returns an empty array.

But I could be wrong and if I am I'm sure someone will point that out 🙂

Ok but... what way out of a situation when it is necessary to receive the list of synchronized objects (not players) with the car ???

What can be implemented by one Command in fact must be implemented through a module.
The system I came up with looks like this:
A new module is created with which the vehicles are synchronized. Here in this question modules give out the list of the synchronized objects without problems. Then with the help of conditions we look for the necessary class of the vehicles to which we have to synchronize all this and attach to it an array with a list of synchronized vehicles with a module except for this machine itself.
And in fact we have a result where the user instead of simply synchronizing the vehicles with the vehicles must put the module and synchronize with it all the vehicles.
I don't understand why the appropriate command hasn't been added in how many years - it would simplify the world.

On 12/11/2021 at 7:54 AM, _IGL_ said:

What can be implemented by one Command in fact must be implemented through a module.
The system I came up with looks like this:
A new module is created with which the vehicles are synchronized. Here in this question modules give out the list of the synchronized objects without problems. Then with the help of conditions we look for the necessary class of the vehicles to which we have to synchronize all this and attach to it an array with a list of synchronized vehicles with a module except for this machine itself.
And in fact we have a result where the user instead of simply synchronizing the vehicles with the vehicles must put the module and synchronize with it all the vehicles.
I don't understand why the appropriate command hasn't been added in how many years - it would simplify the world. 

ugh this game scripting is one of the worse thing I've ever worked with, that's a lot of work both in editor and in code 😞

I'm just  gonna loop all units and logic at game start and build a lookup table in a variable, screw it.

Edited by LoSboccacc
💡
  • Thanks 1