marki980908

Uniform retexture not showing up

Evening, I am trying to retexture Parade uniform, but I have no idea what I am doing wrong

And here is my code more or less in regards of Cfg Vehicles

Spoiler

class CfgVehicles 
{
	class B_Soldier_F; 
    class U_I_ParadeUniform_01_AAF_decorated_F;
    class U_B_ParadeUniform_01_US_F;
	class Uniform_Argentinian_Parade_1: U_I_ParadeUniform_01_AAF_decorated_F  //Match with Uniform
    {
        author = "Marki"; 
        _generalMacro = "B_soldier_F"; 
        scope = 1; 
        displayName = "Odin Soldier"; 
        identityTypes[] = {"Head_NATO", "G_NATO_default"}; 
        genericNames = "NATOMen"; 
        faction = "ODIN_Demo";
        uniformClass = "MF_Uniform_Argentinian_Parade_1";            
        hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"MF_Uniforms\Data\Uniform_Argentinian_Parade.paa","MF_Uniforms\Data\Uniform_Argentinian_Parade.paa","MF_Uniforms\Data\Uniform_Argentinian_Parade.paa","MF_Uniforms\Data\Parade_Ribbon_Hilt.paa","MF_Uniforms\Data\Parade_Nametag_Hilt.paa"};   //Actual Texture 
         weapons[] = {"arifle_TRG20_ACO_Flash_F","Throw","Put"}; 
        respawnWeapons[] = {"arifle_TRG20_ACO_Flash_F","Throw","Put"}; 
        magazines[] = {"HandGrenade","HandGrenade","SmokeShell","SmokeShellGreen","Chemlight_green","Chemlight_green"}; 
        respawnMagazines[] = {"HandGrenade","HandGrenade","SmokeShell","SmokeShellGreen","Chemlight_green","Chemlight_green"};
        linkedItems[] = {"CUstom_Helmet1","Custom_Vest1","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio"}; 
        respawnLinkedItems[] = {"CUstom_Helmet1","Custom_Vest1","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio"}; 
    };

class Uniform_Argentinian_Parade_2: U_B_ParadeUniform_01_US_F  //Match with Uniform
    {
        author = "Marki"; 
        _generalMacro = "B_soldier_F"; 
        scope = 1; 
        displayName = "Odin Soldier"; 
        identityTypes[] = {"Head_NATO", "G_NATO_default"}; 
        genericNames = "NATOMen"; 
        faction = "ODIN_Demo";
        uniformClass = "MF_Uniform_Argentinian_Parade_2";           
        hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"MF_Uniforms\Data\Uniform_Argentinian_Parade.paa","MF_Uniforms\Data\Uniform_Argentinian_Parade.paa","MF_Uniforms\Data\Uniform_Argentinian_Parade.paa"};   //Actual Texture 
         weapons[] = {"arifle_TRG20_ACO_Flash_F","Throw","Put"}; 
        respawnWeapons[] = {"arifle_TRG20_ACO_Flash_F","Throw","Put"}; 
        magazines[] = {"HandGrenade","HandGrenade","SmokeShell","SmokeShellGreen","Chemlight_green","Chemlight_green"}; 
        respawnMagazines[] = {"HandGrenade","HandGrenade","SmokeShell","SmokeShellGreen","Chemlight_green","Chemlight_green"};
        linkedItems[] = {"CUstom_Helmet1","Custom_Vest1","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio"}; 
        respawnLinkedItems[] = {"CUstom_Helmet1","Custom_Vest1","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio"}; 
    };
};

My character is basically naked after trying to equip the uniform

That is because you're defining a uniform in cfgVehicles. The uniform should be in cfgWeapons with a corresponding unit class in cfgVehicles...

4 hours ago, Jackal326 said:

That is because you're defining a uniform in cfgVehicles. The uniform should be in cfgWeapons with a corresponding unit class in cfgVehicles...

This is how it looks in cfg weapons

Spoiler

class cfgWeapons 
{ 
	class ItemCore; 
    class UniformItem;
    class H_ParadeDressCap_01_AAF_F;
    class U_I_ParadeUniform_01_AAF_decorated_F;
    class U_B_ParadeUniform_01_US_F;

class Uniform_Base: ItemCore 
    { 
        class ItemInfo; 
    }; 

class MF_Uniform_Argentinian_Parade_1: U_I_ParadeUniform_01_AAF_decorated_F 
    { 
        scope = 2; 
        displayName = "Parade Uniform (Leader)"; 
        picture = "MF_Uniforms\icon.paa"; 
        model = "\A3\characters_f_beta\INDEP\ia_soldier_01.p3d"; 
        class ItemInfo : UniformItem
        { 
            uniformClass = "Uniform_Argentinian_Parade_1";
            containerClass = "Supply50"; 
            mass = 30; 
        }; 
    };

class MF_Uniform_Argentinian_Parade_2: U_B_ParadeUniform_01_US_F 
    { 
        scope = 2; 
        displayName = "Parade Uniform (Officer)"; 
        picture = "MF_Uniforms\icon.paa"; 
        class ItemInfo : UniformItem
        { 
            uniformClass = "Uniform_Argentinian_Parade_2"; 
            containerClass = "Supply50"; 
            mass = 30; 
        }; 
    };
};

Isnt this defined?

OK, so then why are you inheriting from cfgWeapons uniform classes in cfgVehicles?

class CfgVehicles 
{
      class B_Soldier_F; // a SOLDIER CLASS (this one is correct for the cfgClass)
      class U_I_ParadeUniform_01_AAF_decorated_F; // a uniform class
      class U_B_ParadeUniform_01_US_F; // a uniform class
      class Uniform_Argentinian_Parade_1: U_I_ParadeUniform_01_AAF_decorated_F  // these are both uniform classes
      {
[...]

The annotated classes would need to be the relevant cfgVehicles unit entries instead of the uniform classes...

Also, with the line...

...all of your uniforms will look like the default independent uniforms, but given the class names I'm assuming you're trying to retexture the Dress Uniforms added from the Art of War DLC? 

And not to nit-pick, but not using the correct texture-naming conventions in conjunction with the correct texture type (in this case I imagine '_co' would suffice) makes me sad. When converting your texture make sure its named as 'Uniform_Argentinian_Parade_co.format' (where '.format is presumably .TGA or .PNG, if you say JPG I'll be even more sad). This will ensure when Image2PAA does its conversion business you get the correct filtering and (hopefully) don't lose any/much detailing etc.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2021 at 10:42 PM, Jackal326 said:

OK, so then why are you inheriting from cfgWeapons uniform classes in cfgVehicles?

class CfgVehicles 
{
      class B_Soldier_F; // a SOLDIER CLASS (this one is correct for the cfgClass)
      class U_I_ParadeUniform_01_AAF_decorated_F; // a uniform class
      class U_B_ParadeUniform_01_US_F; // a uniform class
      class Uniform_Argentinian_Parade_1: U_I_ParadeUniform_01_AAF_decorated_F  // these are both uniform classes
      {
[...]

The annotated classes would need to be the relevant cfgVehicles unit entries instead of the uniform classes...

Also, with the line...

...all of your uniforms will look like the default independent uniforms, but given the class names I'm assuming you're trying to retexture the Dress Uniforms added from the Art of War DLC? 

And not to nit-pick, but not using the correct texture-naming conventions in conjunction with the correct texture type (in this case I imagine '_co' would suffice) makes me sad. When converting your texture make sure its named as 'Uniform_Argentinian_Parade_co.format' (where '.format is presumably .TGA or .PNG, if you say JPG I'll be even more sad). This will ensure when Image2PAA does its conversion business you get the correct filtering and (hopefully) don't lose any/much detailing etc.

Thanks a lot, it works now

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 12:12 AM, Jackal326 said:

..., but given the class names I'm assuming you're trying to retexture the Dress Uniforms added from the Art of War DLC? 

Hi, I couldn't find the "Art of War DLC" formal suit's soldier p3d model file. Can you tell me what's the path please?

16 hours ago, Masnooper said:

Hi, I couldn't find the "Art of War DLC" formal suit's soldier p3d model file. Can you tell me what's the path please?

model = "\a3\Characters_F_AoW\Uniforms\FormalSuit_01_F";

• Like 1

On 10/15/2023 at 6:45 PM, Jackal326 said:

model = "\a3\Characters_F_AoW\Uniforms\FormalSuit_01_F";

Thanks, I asked this on behalf of my friend. He need to create an account in this forum to continue his question.

Hi ,I am making a mod from another mod's config but i have a problem ,The problem is that I see two lines about the dress model in the config

Even now, I realized that some parts of this config are not understandable for me and it is better to ask questions instead of imitating.

9 minutes ago, madi mv said:

Hi ,I am making a mod from another mod's config but i have a problem ,The problem is that I see two lines about the dress model in the config

Even now, I realized that some parts of this config are not understandable for me and it is better to ask questions instead of imitating.

Then...just remove one...I'm not really sure I understand your problem.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jackal326 said:

Then...just remove one...I'm not really sure I understand your problem.

If I want to say it more simply

I have 2part for my clothes config

1:

class iri_Commander_uniform : I_Soldier_F {
        scope = 1;
        displayName = "IRI [Commander_uniform]";
        author = "MV";
        model = "\A3\AoW\Addons\characters_f_aow\Uniforms\U_B_ParadeUniform_01_US_F.p3d";
        hiddenSelections[] = { "Camo", "insignia" };
        hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = { "\IRI_Armed_Forces\IRI_Armed_Forces_ue\data\texture\Commander_uniform.paa" };

2:

class iri_Commander_uniform : Uniform_Base {
            scope = public;
            author = "MV";
            displayName = "IRI [Commander-uniform]";
            picture = "\IRI_Armed_Forces\IRI_Armed_Forces_ue\ui\ui_u_marpat_urban_ca.paa";
            model = "\A3\AoW\Addons\characters_f_aow\Uniforms\U_B_ParadeUniform_01_US_F.p3d";
            class ItemInfo : UniformItem {
                uniformModel = "-";
                uniformClass = "iri_Commander_uniform";
                containerClass = "Supply40";
                mass = 40;

My problem is  model and  model

The first (blue) entry is the unit defines, this is where you define the characteristics of the character that wears the uniform. The second (yellow) is the define for the uniform itself where you detail its carrying capacity and display image etc.

Using the same classname for both is a bad idea, your best bet would be to adjust not only the classname but also the unit's displayName for the first (blue) entry as currently it would show up as 'IRI [Commander_uniform]' in the editor's unit list and personally I think that might look weird.

You can safely remove the blue model line without causing any issues as the uniform takes its model from the uniform define (the yellow one).

On 10/29/2023 at 10:25 PM, Jackal326 said:

The first (blue) entry is the unit defines, this is where you define the characteristics of the character that wears the uniform. The second (yellow) is the define for the uniform itself where you detail its carrying capacity and display image etc.

Using the same classname for both is a bad idea, your best bet would be to adjust not only the classname but also the unit's displayName for the first (blue) entry as currently it would show up as 'IRI [Commander_uniform]' in the editor's unit list and personally I think that might look weird.

You can safely remove the blue model line without causing any issues as the uniform takes its model from the uniform define (the yellow one).

I deleted the blue and changed the classname

And the last part of my question is what address should I give for the model of this 👇dress in the yellow line

https://imageupload.io/iL4RCoNY8IUYX9l