joe_o2

Matchmaking

I have recently started playing Vigor over the last week or so and really like it. So far my only complaint is the matchmaking I literally only have around 12 or 13 kills and I am getting matched with people that have thousands of kills. I hope this is not by design because I really like playing but it is very frustrating getting matched with people that have been playing so long. It makes it very tough for a new person still learning the controls. If I can get any feedback on this Id appreciate it. Thank you

Unfortunately not much can be done here a lot of those that play are veterans.

loot:

Generally speaking my advice would be to consider your play style carefully. If your a difficult looking lobby, hang back loot the area avoid major points of interest at least initially and wait for people to kill each other off. try and keep your pack empty of junk, only take what you need, common mistake is filling up on too much ammo, only take what you need. Too much loot = encumbrance which will slow you down and effect stamina recovery. This happens faster when you loot more guns up to 4 slots worth. Each gun has a weight value even veteran players sometimes forget about, general speaking without being too technical rifles are mid weight, pistols and knives are lightest and lmgs the heaviest. Only thing heavier than this being the airdrop. 
As a new player if you have half a bag of decent loot maybe 1 or two better guns than you started with and you feel good about it, just leave and take your win. The longer you stay the more at risk you are.
combat:

People will use portable signal detectors to find other players, if that happens to you and your notified as such keep moving positions. If you not sure if a shot you’ll take will result in success hang back and wait for a better opportunity or disengage entirely. Remember you don’t always have to fight, especially if your learning the game. 
that said veteran players like t clean out lobbies before looting so there’s a balance between hanging back for the dust to settle and going in for a share of loot. Don’t take too long or you risk being hunted. You can get a hold of portable signal jammers or use the main signal disrupted which will disrupt players ability to find you with signals detectors. 

i know it’s not super comprehensive a guide more like a rapid fire tips sections but hopefully this helps shed a bit of wisdom that gives you some clue on staying alive out there 🙂 one final tip save all your crowns you get at least for now till you get the hang of things if the lobby gets boosted then full up your bag with “insurance” on and go to town!

• Thanks 1