Jump to content
Nillers

Arma 3 Creator DLC: Western Sahara

Recommended Posts

In collaboration with Rotators Collective, Bohemia Interactive is proud and excited to present the Arma 3 Creator DLC: Western Sahara.

If you have any questions or would like to share any suggestions and feedback regarding Western Sahara, please feel welcome to use this thread.

You can find this CDLC on the Steam Store currently.
 

You'll find all the available information in the following links:
Website: https://sahara.rotators.net/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheRotators

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RotatorsCollective

 

Find more information about Bohemia Interactive's Creator DLC project:
https://arma3.com/news/arma-3-creator-dlc
www.arma3.com/dlc/creator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great. Just bought it on Steam.   Cannot play. when you mount squad in truck, it goes into super slowmotion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey i like the DLC so far. Some feedback to the Exctraction game mode:

First its great! But i think it can be improved.

Small issues:
1. REMOVED.
2. So far i always got the excact same enemy reinforcements. Would be nice if they could vary in amount and Equipment. Enemy infantry reinforcements dismount to late.

 

Medium issues:

3. Friendly AI moves very slow. Its like their movement got restricted to "LIMITED" in the Mission creator.
(this might only happen if you give them a movement order right at the start of the mission. I started a third Extraction playthrough and this time my AI teammates move at normal speed)
4. Why only 5 AI comrades when i play singleplayer? Would really like to have more.

5. Searching intel is quite tedious, especially when you play singleplayer and you have to do it all by yourself.
Instead of intel having a chance to spawn on any corpse, it should only spawn in key building or enemy squadleaders. That way you would only have to search one guy of a squad.

6. I didn't find any way to repair Vehicles completely.

7. Its quite annoing to refuel and rearm the Vehicles all the time.

 

Big issues:
8. Why not more playerslots for multiplayer?

9. The economy system has many flaws
- To few things to purchase. You should be able to pay for vehicle repairs, auto refuel in base and auto rearm in base. Especially in singleplayer its exhausting to refuel and rearm you vehicles all by yourself.
Also why can't i buy new vehicles? Let me pay for a one time artillery or air support. Right now i swiming in money all the time with nothing to spend it on.
- 100$ let me buy any Equipment in the game? Thats absolutely broken. Sefrou-Ramal is a very open map. If i can buy the best long range equipment right from the start for my entire team the gamemode becomes jokingly easy.
Just place your AI on a hill and watch them snipe every enemy in the area, who are almost always onehit and can't shoot back because of the lack of scopes.
I really think the purchasing system for equipment almost ruins the gamemode. You have to heavely restrict yourself if you want  it to stay challenging.

My major flaw:
- Gamemode is to easy. Even in singleplayer. Main reason being that its to easy to get very powerfull equipment. The problem gets amplyfied by bad enemy equipment and very open map.
Also you can find some quite powerfull vehicles which make you almost undefeatable. I like that they are in the game (Even if i would prefer them to be purchasable) but the enemys need equipment to counter them.

Edit:

- Its not possible to not show the location of the player on the map. Should be possible.

- There is another reason why many Tasks are so easy. Enemys always try to attack you instead of holding a position. So you attack a village with Tura's and sooner or later most of them will push out of the village trying to get closer to you.
This makes them easy targets as they push out into the open. There is barely anything left to do once you actually move into the village. More of them should stay back.

Conclusion:
Still i really like the gamemode. Especially as long as i restrict my buy options myself. I do think it could be improved though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

answer to number 6.

 

There's a repair truck in the UN base. I only found out last night when going on the final objective.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if there is some mistake with SLR's AT grenades, since they are incredibly weak (need multiple to disable armored techinals) and they don't seem to spawn any sort of submunitions like most arma AT weapons, they can't kill people even behind non-armored cover like windshields.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a quick report:

  • the motion detector aspect ratio is borked on 5:4 screen (looks like egg)
  • Time Trial scores are not displayed in the menu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This CDLC is giving me a hard time with sometimes partially loaded but with a lot of error messages (missing assets) and only some of the assets available. At other times it refuses to load and I can play arma but nothing of the cdlc is visible anywhere. I have only a few GB left on my drive, so perhaps a lack of space plays a part in this? No errors regarding disk space were encountered.

 

Verifying the files of Arma in steam does not work (anymore)??

 

I tried to delete the CDLC folder to try to force it to reinstall the CDLC, but it didn't work. The launcher kept thinking the CDLC was already installed. Is there a way to properly re-install the CDLC?

 

Any advice?

 

EDIT:

I see now that I can uninstall the dlc by going to the DLC section in steam arma properties and unselecting it (and deleting the mod folder). From the size it is trying to download (about 3-4 gigs) it does seem that I must clear disk space first before trying again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I tried the "Extraction" scenario, and well... it's painful, in a bad way.

 

Let's start with the intro that gives you few actual informations about your purpose. Reading briefing is not optional.

 

Random task assignment is not acceptable: my first task was to defend checkpoint which was in the southern part of the map. I lost probably 10 minutes trying to get AIs into the vehicles without them destroying the camp. Then I went southward (having to stop every 30 seconds to wait for other car - Arma thing, but scenario should take it into account) only to get blasted by host nation's APC - which is funny, because intro gives you feeling that you're operating with the host nation approval. After reload I haven't died, but task was marked as failed, because I haven't even got to the checkpoint. Okay, some lessons learned, let's restart.

 

This time I got "destroy weapons caches" task - and it went "kind of" well. "Kind of" because enemy AI (I was fighting rebels, not the regular army) can snipe you from 400 meters with an AK. Again, Arma thing, but scenario should take it into account. Of course the same applies to friendly AI, but... you only start with 3. Since the objective was in the town (with enemies pre-placed in windows, or on rooftops - that's kinda cool) my comrades died in no time, leaving me alone with enemy reinforcements. I fell a hero, under hail of bullets.

 

So, few notes. I don't see (story-wise) why I'd be blasted by Angara army, but maybe there's some explanation further down the quest. However, with me having a small team of PMCs, it's a bad idea even gameplay-wise: you just can't survive any accidental meeting with SFIA. Worst part: since they roll in APCs, they usually see you first. Old Man got it right: CSAT was not bothering you, unless you began bothering them. One of the few things Old Man did right from the start.

 

But even taking on rebels, in singleplayer, is a huge effort due to Arma being Arma. This mission feels a lot like "Dynamic Recon Ops with a story" - however in DRO I usually went into the battle with full 12 person squad, and some armored vehicle that wouldn't die from first .50 cal burst. You can get more contractors in "Extraction", but not early in the game, and I don't see any option for buying vehicles. What can be done, however, is reviving. Especially since you can switch unit after first death - it'd greatly help solo players to have ability to get their squad back on legs after surviving casualties against overwhelming enemy force.

 

Also - going back to the task assignement thing - IMO it would be way better to have player choose tasks, have him evaluate risks, or even possibility to join the fight (it's not fun to hear "you failed" because you were only through half of the way to the target, being busy micromanaging AIs who can't drive on straight road).

 

I'm not done yet with the mission, but... it doesn't look promising. Maybe the "open world" framework doesn't really fit into traditional Arma 3 combat gameplay, and is better left to "walking sims" like Pilgrimage? I dunno. Also, once again in case of A3 paid mods Creator DLCs, it seems that what can make great, innovative mod, is often not enough to make a good product. Quality control issues that I could live with when it comes to mod ("hey, you put so much effort into this, who cares about bugs!"), are hard pill to swallow when one has to pay for them ("looks nice on screenshots, but barely works, 0/10, gimme my money back!"). Western Sahara is fortunately not that expensive as other cDLCs, but that's not enough of consolation when the "main course" of the DLC - the mission - is just not fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joostsidy said:

EDIT:

I see now that I can uninstall the dlc by going to the DLC section in steam arma properties and unselecting it (and deleting the mod folder). From the size it is trying to download (about 3-4 gigs) it does seem that I must clear disk space first before trying again.

Try using the verify game integrity function from steam. It will check your files and redownload them if necessary.

 

@krzychuzokecia: the APC is a captured asset by the Tura insurgents. Arganan army / SFIA is not directly featured in the scenario. There is a piece of intel about it at a later point in the scenario.

 

Personally I can't agree on your complaints with visibility, etc. of the enemy and their vehicles at all. Especially the APCs are loud and you usually can hear them from kilometers away. The offroads aren't exactly stealthy as well. We're not hiding them from the player either - their approach is usually quite obvious. Packing some anti-tank launcher should help dealing with them easily.

 

About the travel time, you can just use the helicopter or do the fast insertion. I've read lots of reviews about the scenario by now and so far you are the first to mention extensive travel times. This is not to invalidate your feedback - I can totally understand it. But this is why there are other, much faster options of traveling as well.

 

The ai skill for singleplayer is set to almost the lowest possible grade. I've just booted up the mission for a test and they missed me quite a lot until one bullet finally hit. Maybe you just got unlucky with that 400m hit?

 

Having players choose tasks sounds great, but it would have instantly complicated the mission design by a lot. Also the scenario is quite extensive already (~4 hours of playtime, give or take), and with consideration of the coop experience, making it even longer would not have been good. Anything bigger simply would quickly run out of scope for what this scenario is supposed to be about.

 

That said, I think you should try to adapt your play-style and evaluate your available options again, because the scenario can be as hard or as easy as you want it to be. I'm not even talking about cheese-tactics like drone swarm. There's thermal NVGs, you can pack a mortar, equip heavier armor, etc. we allowed lots of options on purpose.

 

That said#2, thank you for your feedback, we are reading and process almost everything right now, to see where and how we can improve ourselves in the future.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lexx said:

Try using the verify game integrity function from steam. It will check your files and redownload them if necessary.

I tried that as well, but the steam integrity check for the complete arma game got stuck as well. Part of the problem was I think that steam aggressively tried to partially install it, thereby confusing the Steam app and the Arma launcher and me when there was not enough (temporary) space.

 

I got it working though after lots of reboots and freeing up more ssd space! I shot 10 dromedaries in celebration! 🐪

 

I consider myself a hard customer for this type of content, in general:

- I don't like land locked maps

- I don't like Arma 2 stuff

- I don't like many mods in general because the quality gap with BI is too large, even though I (as a modest modder) respect the hard work that goes into creating mods and dlc

 

This CDLC was the first I immediately had a feeling I might like. It is limited in scope, but it has a matching price. The overall look and feel fits with the Arma 3 universe well and some of the assets will easily fit in with the official BI maps. The 'sea of sand' surrounding the map makes it not feeling landlocked. The slight mismatch between the buildings sometimes and for instance the choice of the Galil rifle is part of the quirkiness and 'why-not?' reasoning that I've come to appreciate since OFP. For me, cohesion is more important than absolute realism, and this DLC does it very well.

I'm very pleased with this DLC!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lexx said:

the APC is a captured asset by the Tura insurgents

Good to know.

2 hours ago, lexx said:

Especially the APCs are loud and you usually can hear them from kilometers away.

Excuse me, but bullshit. The APCs are apparently spawned around the objectives, and sit with engines at idle, so you can't hear them. At least that's what happens in "Clear Area" task. At least you have chance to see those, as opposed to random patrols - you won't hear them "from kilometers away" over the sound of your own engines. Heck, you can try your own virtual training scenario - the APC can be barely heard even 100 meters away when there's object occluding the sound.

 

Anyway - this wouldn't be a problem if player would spawn with bigger, badder squad. At the moment the only option (early game) to fight them is to equip yourself with Vorona at the camp, and hope there isn't more than one APC, since you're going to have a hard time carrying more than one missile.

 

2 hours ago, lexx said:

About the travel time, you can just use the helicopter or do the fast insertion. I've read lots of reviews about the scenario by now and so far you are the first to mention extensive travel times.

You completely misunderstood me. It's not the travel time*. It's the number of enemy force between you (a 4 man squad) and the objective. And the issue of AI which cannot follow you in second car on a straight road without getting "lost" (more like: stopping in the middle and waiting for player to manually order "move" waypoints to player's position). These two issues make driving to objective either painful, or simply pointless, because you won't reach the destination before the task is failed.

 

Helicopter insertion I haven't tried yet, but with APCs and AAA, I don't think it's worth the risk (extraction when you managed to kill everything? yeah, maybe).

 

*Driving across the dunes is actually really fun and the two time trials are my favorite part of the DLC!

 

2 hours ago, lexx said:

That said, I think you should try to adapt your play-style and evaluate your available options again

The options you talk about may be possible in co-op, but solo? Operating drone makes you rather vulnerable and static. Which is perfectly fine, but... your fate relies on your AI companions. I guess that's why 99% of "use drone" events in Arma singleplayer missions put player in position where he cannot really be attacked by enemy. No such luxury in an "open" scenario. Same about taking a mortar - remember that in singleplayer mode there's only one player who must do all the recon, setting up the mortar and defending against random patrols. Even with team switch - you can't be in two places (persons) at once.

 

Also such approach would make game way way longer than 5 hours, and as you've said:

 

2 hours ago, lexx said:

making it even longer would not have been good

Speaking of which: when talking about allowing player choose tasks, I never meant making it "longer" than whatever it's supposed to take. Rather the opposite: let him know what he is going to fight with (approx. number of enemies, location, possible equipment - like those APCs - they could have etc.). So as he doesn't get into an hour long battle with force he can't beat alone with 3-4 AI comrades.

 

Hell, I personally always go for as smallest number of combat encounters as possible, going far around the towns, trying to sneak in to the objective instead of going in guns blazing. At least, that's what I do in DRO, and "Extraction" really seems like an open-ended DRO. Nothing bad about that, but at least DRO has several things which make you not feel like you're fighting the game (issues of AI, spawns etc.). In "Extraction" just the small number of AIs that player can command make the game way harder, and then there's less intel about enemy force, the very open terrain that makes you huge target in AI eyes even if you can't see them yet and so on. And that's great - to some extent. But when you really have to be a one man army... it's not fun anymore.

 

Anyway, some more observations:

  • I cannot find any way to tell my money balance. Not in map view, not in radio menu - is it some object in the camp?
  • A very weird issue where I couldn't kill a .50 cal gunner on a static uparmored pickup truck from 75 meters away from the side. I clearly saw his head, and put (what it seemed like) pretty accurate 5 shots into this head, before dying. I could have missed, but the rest of my squad couldn't kill him either, until the pickup turned it's rear to us. Now that I think about it, the only times when I killed the gunner on uparmored pickup was when either I hit him from the back, or from the top (downward shots sitting on a mountain/dune). Will test again in editor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only glaring issue I had with Extraction was the timer on the checkpoint defence mission. I had to rearm my guys from a previous mission, and also hired/armed another 2 team members and by the time I was ready to roll out the mission was failed. Maybe starting the timer on the mission once the team leaves the FOB would be a batter choice?

 

Apart from that though I enjoyed the mission. Never had a vehicle quietly sneak up on me either, which was handy cause I had enough time to swap to my AT guy and get everyone into cover. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2021 at 1:28 PM, krzychuzokecia said:

So, I tried the "Extraction" scenario, and well... it's painful, in a bad way.

 

Let's start with the intro that gives you few actual informations about your purpose. Reading briefing is not optional.

 

Random task assignment is not acceptable: my first task was to defend checkpoint which was in the southern part of the map. I lost probably 10 minutes trying to get AIs into the vehicles without them destroying the camp. Then I went southward (having to stop every 30 seconds to wait for other car - Arma thing, but scenario should take it into account) only to get blasted by host nation's APC - which is funny, because intro gives you feeling that you're operating with the host nation approval. After reload I haven't died, but task was marked as failed, because I haven't even got to the checkpoint. Okay, some lessons learned, let's restart.

 

This time I got "destroy weapons caches" task - and it went "kind of" well. "Kind of" because enemy AI (I was fighting rebels, not the regular army) can snipe you from 400 meters with an AK. Again, Arma thing, but scenario should take it into account. Of course the same applies to friendly AI, but... you only start with 3. Since the objective was in the town (with enemies pre-placed in windows, or on rooftops - that's kinda cool) my comrades died in no time, leaving me alone with enemy reinforcements. I fell a hero, under hail of bullets.

 

So, few notes. I don't see (story-wise) why I'd be blasted by Angara army, but maybe there's some explanation further down the quest. However, with me having a small team of PMCs, it's a bad idea even gameplay-wise: you just can't survive any accidental meeting with SFIA. Worst part: since they roll in APCs, they usually see you first. Old Man got it right: CSAT was not bothering you, unless you began bothering them. One of the few things Old Man did right from the start.

 

But even taking on rebels, in singleplayer, is a huge effort due to Arma being Arma. This mission feels a lot like "Dynamic Recon Ops with a story" - however in DRO I usually went into the battle with full 12 person squad, and some armored vehicle that wouldn't die from first .50 cal burst. You can get more contractors in "Extraction", but not early in the game, and I don't see any option for buying vehicles. What can be done, however, is reviving. Especially since you can switch unit after first death - it'd greatly help solo players to have ability to get their squad back on legs after surviving casualties against overwhelming enemy force.

 

Also - going back to the task assignement thing - IMO it would be way better to have player choose tasks, have him evaluate risks, or even possibility to join the fight (it's not fun to hear "you failed" because you were only through half of the way to the target, being busy micromanaging AIs who can't drive on straight road).

 

I'm not done yet with the mission, but... it doesn't look promising. Maybe the "open world" framework doesn't really fit into traditional Arma 3 combat gameplay, and is better left to "walking sims" like Pilgrimage? I dunno. Also, once again in case of A3 paid mods Creator DLCs, it seems that what can make great, innovative mod, is often not enough to make a good product. Quality control issues that I could live with when it comes to mod ("hey, you put so much effort into this, who cares about bugs!"), are hard pill to swallow when one has to pay for them ("looks nice on screenshots, but barely works, 0/10, gimme my money back!"). Western Sahara is fortunately not that expensive as other cDLCs, but that's not enough of consolation when the "main course" of the DLC - the mission - is just not fun.

Well i agree with the APC thing. I also got suprised by them. Didn't have strong enough AT with me to deafeat them. A hint that Tura meight have some Army equipment would have been nice. I think the marker description of the airfield is supposed to be a hint but has an error? It says that Tura equipment got seized when the Airfield got raided. I think it is supposed to say Army equipment was seized by Tura when they raided the airfield.

Else i can't really agree with your critisizm. In generall the scenario is to easy in my opinion because it is so cheap to get the best equipment. Place your Sniper/AT squad on a hill next to the objectiv and they will destroy everything. Just stay outside the range of enemys who dont have scopes.

Edit: But if your first task was to defend the outpost it for sure isn't fare that you don't have time to get AT equipment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, beno_83au said:

The only glaring issue I had with Extraction was the timer on the checkpoint defence mission. I had to rearm my guys from a previous mission, and also hired/armed another 2 team members and by the time I was ready to roll out the mission was failed.

Exactly!

 

Anyways, I managed to finish the first task (this time the "Clear Caches") simply by eliminating everything I could with a drone. However I noticed that:

  • the enemy QRF seems to know the player position no matter what - I was 1.5 km away from the target, behind the ridge and only engaging hostiles in the town via drone. But QRF went racing through the town, straight to my position. Maybe that's just Arma though.
  • the rooftop snipers, for some reason, have simulation turned off until player is closer than approx. 700 meters (or rather player controlled unit - drone in this case) - if I was further than that, the snipers were not even playing idle animations, and were not reacting to my shots at all.

Also, an issue with returning to base. The "rest/sleep" cutscene kicks in way too fast - I couldn't leave intel in the tent. And despite having no intel collected

Spoiler

next morning I got assignment to kill the Gustavo guy.

Collecting intel kinda feels pointless if important events like this happen without player input.

 

1 hour ago, Kreu said:

Place your Sniper/AT squad on a hill next to the objectiv and they will destroy everything.

Out of curiosity: what AI settings you have in difficulty? Any AI mods like LAMBS?

 

I personally decided to not bother with AI at all in this scenario. There is simply not enough of them to win the fight against double to triple the number of enemies. Placing them on the hill means nothing, since you have to place them in effective range of their weapons... which means, enemies can detect them too. And since I'm on an empty hill, and enemy is in the town, moving from cover to cover... the outcome is obvious.

 

Unless you really did equip your team with .50 cal sniper rifles and Voronas. But with typical non-cheese loadout of 7.62 snipers you have to get inside 600 meter range for AI to make them effective. But that sword (the pun! the pun!) cuts both ways (and again, enemy has advantage of not being in the open).

 

BTW: I still cannot find my account balance anywhere, only the notifications how much I've earned. Also: how to "refuel" the drone? Flexi-tanks on the helipad don't work.

 

...and another thing I just remembered: it seems it's impossible to enter the gunner position on uparmored .50 cal pickup from the back, I have to get in from the side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, krzychuzokecia said:

BTW: I still cannot find my account balance anywhere, only the notifications how much I've earned.

 

It's upper right in your inventory. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, krzychuzokecia said:

Out of curiosity: what AI settings you have in difficulty? Any AI mods like LAMBS?

No AI Mods. Skill set to 100 Precision to 70.
 

 

5 hours ago, krzychuzokecia said:

Placing them on the hill means nothing, since you have to place them in effective range of their weapons... which means, enemies can detect them too.

Everybody in your team has a scope. Only few enemys have scopes. Also yours have bether weapons = greater range and bether protective equipment. Don't forget yours also have silencers! Your guys will win if you choose the right distance
 

 

5 hours ago, krzychuzokecia said:

Unless you really did equip your team with .50 cal sniper rifles and Voronas. But with typical non-cheese loadout of 7.62 snipers you have to get inside 600 meter range for AI to make them effective. But that sword (the pun! the pun!) cuts both ways (and again, enemy has advantage of not being in the open).

I usually have one Titan AT launcher on  my team. Sometimes one sniper with a .50 cal. Thats kinda overkill though. At 600 meters only few enemys have the equipment to attack you.

Here a video how i did my last task in a new Extraction run:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I was playing the Extraction scenario and I quite like it.
Anyway, I have a bug report for you 🙂
We had an assassination mission (target was the ex-KGB guy) and a clean minefield mission. We decided to clean the minefield first, and then headed to the assassination destination.
The target was nowhere to be found. We installed a debug console mod and I figured out that the guy... walked all the way from his town to the minefield. 😄
Tazzarine was the minefield location. And the town at the top-left was the assassination location.
I am not even sure why he decided to walk there. When we headed for the minefield place, we flew several KM around the assassination place.
?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great job with this DLC. Been loving the Extraction scenario. Got a couple of bugs for you while playing in singleplayer.

  • Started Extraction and did a bit of exploring in the MH-9. Landed at the UNA base at 061957. Tura offroad with HMG spawned inside the UN camp 5 metres from me, shot me and drove off. Probably should prevent spawns from occurring near there.
  • I took took long playing dressup at the camp and got a fail for the UNA defend checkpoint mission. Fair enough, but got paid $650 for my trouble, then told to RTB which immediately completed causing time to accelerate as I was able to walk around. You might want to add some safeguard to prevent this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a problem with the Sefrou-Ramal public zeus servers, unsure if I should take it up here, as the servers are most likely owned by BI. But, It does relate to the DLC.

  • You cannot vote an admin, unknown if this is intentional or not however every other zeus server that isn't this DLC allows the voting of an admin. Without admins, the servers parameters and such cannot be set and everything is generally annoying to work with.
  • For the zeus slot, the screen appears to go black when you join in with it. This either happens randomly or when a new zeus joins after the original one leaves.

I'd appreciate if you fixed these. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few balance suggestions:

The 7.62x39mm Galat has a muzzle velocity higher than any other A3 weapon in that caliber, even the much longer barreled RPK-12. I suggest taking it down from 800n/s to something more like 715-750 m/s to be more in line with other A3 weapons.

 

Similarly, the Velko 556 has a higher muzzle velocity than any other A3 556, but not by so much 30m/s higher)

 

Conversely, the 556 XMS has a really low muzzle velocity (800), lower than the carbine bullpups like the trg20 and mk20c.

The xms SW should have a muzzle velocity approximately equal or better than the velko, and the standard versions should have muzzle velocities of 880-920 to fit in with other A3 rifles of similar barrel lengths.

 

I also have my doubts that the FAL rifle grenade is well balanced against A3 vanilla UGLs.

Higher blast radius and greater muzzle velocity? Seems unrealistic to me, but maybe I am mistaken and rifle grenades can fire larger grenades at higher velocity than UGLs

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also a bit disappointed that the drone's weapons weren't modular, making use of dynamic loadouts.

While the zafie or mk200 are good pairings for the drone, they are really powerful for such a small target.

I'd like to be able to put nerfed variants, like one mounting just a Lim-85.

Even better if the drone is viewed as OP/unrealistic (a LMG with full magazine would be quite heavy for such a hexacopter):

An ADR-97: 50 rounds, not 200, significantly lower effective range.

Right now that drone can engage from ranges where infantry don't stand much of a chance against the drones. Drones with SMGs instead of LMGs would be a great option for balancing scenarios.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it!

 

But a radio backpack in the desert camouflage color for the NATO would be a great addition.

Maybe something like "B_RadioBag_01_desert_F".

 

😃

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ex3B said:

A few balance suggestions:

 

I hope the CDLC weapon stats are not a sneaky attempt to make them A3 comparable, but slightly better (popular) overall.. 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took a look at the stats and the post makes it seem more crazy than it actually is. Did some tweaks now, but I'm really not sure if those 25 points make or break it. Pretty sure most don't even notice a difference.

 

Most of our values were already based on existing weapons. Right now I just can't backtrack anymore with what intend tweaks were made before.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×