icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Project Yulakia

I've been working on a SBP (Slovenian Black Panthers) special purpose training map loosely based on different regions in the world incorporating some of training sites.

Size: 12800m x 12800m (144km2)

Gridsize: 3.125m
Satellite of 20K resolution.

Map is based on several locations around the globe such as:

- Winscosin 4 by 4 clicks area where some of American War battles took place
- other areas from Texas, 

- special military training sector in ration 1:1 from Netherlands

- Kazakstan, Uzbekistan and Ukraine sectors

Despite a lot of areas are based on US geography, country is split into West and East divided by the river winding through the landscape. Buidlings are based on "Slavic" culture.

• Like 17

yulakia_borders_arma3.jpg

Release: TBA. v0.9 will be tested with couple of teams via mission "Legend of Vurdolak" and given out to couple of streamers first.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Hand brush painting continues with wacom board 😉 also do you recognize the RL training area yet? 😉 

unknown.png

• Like 8

My two cents; wish the buildings/assets would resemble the US given the geographical influence but whatever comes will be good work.

I am so happy to see the progress, and happy to have been able to converse with you over it. I cannot wait to see the finished project.

bj_rul, and lilwillie here,

• Like 1

Wow it looks like you have so many ongoing projects right now. Which one can we expect sooner? Yulakia, Pilanesberg or Lamubia?

Thanks!

On 4/5/2022 at 7:07 PM, topden said:

I hope you have the wisdom not to put trash from cupmod there

Are you asking me if you want to supply new objects instead? Sure, go ahead 🙂

• Like 5

13 hours ago, nikiforos said:

Wow it looks like you have so many ongoing projects right now. Which one can we expect sooner? Yulakia, Pilanesberg or Lamubia?

Thanks!

Hard to say, we are testing. I also have postapocalyptic Ademox almost ready 😉

Another WIP shot:
unknown.png

• Like 7

Had to do some major redesigns of sectors, but very happy with the results. Latest heightmap:

unknown.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Loving the little signature islands bottom left, if they're playable that's an awesome touch.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, EO said:

Loving the little signature islands bottom left, if they're playable that's an awesome touch.

Well of course its playable. Little paradise a short flight away from the "hell" 😉 R&R 😃

• Like 3

46 builds so far...  😉

unknown.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Latest addition. Anyone recognize this from a real conflict theatre? 🤨
It is a (now) famous Ukrainian Snake Island (Zmiinyi) and will also be a part of the Yulakia terrain. It is called Zmiya in game.
unknown.png

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, icebreakr said:

Latest addition. Anyone recognize this from a real conflict theatre? 😉
unknown.png

Snake

4 minutes ago, blackland said:

this is so bad .... 😞 real war is not funny.

Then stop playing military simulations. I've heard Kirby might be suitable for snowflakes? But then again, beach looks kinda similiar to a real place, doesn't it?bsB4cGDRVZqihRpUHjNSSe.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, blackland said:

Your smiley face is bad, not the map.

Fixed it for you - it wasn't a smiley but a wink. Sorry if a little drawn icon offended you.

Project is currently on hold with all people involved in the project until I am able to return to it and continue working on it myself or along them.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

On 4/7/2022 at 12:16 AM, icebreakr said:

Are you asking me if you want to supply new objects instead? Sure, go ahead 🙂

I was not talking about new objects, but about how you can make islands without mod trash. see for example the islands of
tembelan https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1252091296&searchtext=tembelan
Hellanmaa  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1291778160

I've been a fan of yours since arma2, but it's a pity that no one plays on your gorgeous islands, although you put a lot of time and effort into creating them. Therefore, do not take it as criticism, on the contrary, it was just a wish. Those terrible trees from the cup-terrain, non-entrance houses, crooked windows - spoiled a lot of work of modders. Yes, they get likes on steam, but this is not an indicator of quality ... Also, many authors of the islands do not think about how missions with bots will be played on them, when there are a lot of rivers and stones around, where bots get stuck, and vehicles cannot move normally. And yes, it turns out the island is beautiful, but only for playing without bots.... In any case, I always look forward to your work, in the hope that the next island will be more suitable for different game modes...
(take Malden - a chic island, but neither "domination by xeno", nor "evolution", nor even "escape from..." are unplayable on it .. stones, like fleas on a dog) thanks to BIS).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1