Sign in to follow this  
PONG

Ati9700 flashing textures fixed!

How about that, ATI delivers...

For how long have we waited, I'm not sure. But now here it is and I like it. The latest driver update for the 9700 finally fixes the annoying flashing textures problem. So if you have an ATI card, (just about all of them had this problem at one point) and you see flashing textures and shadows... don't dispair, download the catalyst 3.1 driver set from ATI and kiss those problems good-bye.

Good bye!

,Smitty

And it doesn't even need a vacuum cleaner attached to it to keep it cool, like the GeforceFX.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (toadeater @ Feb. 13 2003,03:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And it doesn't even need a vacuum cleaner attached to it to keep it cool, like the GeforceFX.<span id='postcolor'>

At least the FX woudn't have had this problem and will run significantly faster. tounge.gif

Dadster

I would love to agree with ya dadster cuz I love nvidia, but they lost the battle. Well they r gonna win the war in the long run switching the fx to 256 architecture, then r350 will have been beaten to the dust. till then ati is the monster to beat

is it now possible to run ofp and 9700 in HW T & L without flashing textures?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hugo2020 @ Feb. 13 2003,11:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">is it now possible to run ofp and 9700 in HW T & L without flashing textures?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it is.  biggrin.gif

Yep, I play it, with 1280x1024 everything at max. and not even a glitch in the game... awesome performance.. thx. to ATi and AMD... biggrin.gif

I'll never buy again nVidia... tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LightBringer @ Feb. 13 2003,17:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

I'll newer buy again nVidia... tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Newer?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ale2999 @ Feb. 13 2003,05:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would love to agree with ya dadster cuz I love nvidia, but they lost the battle. Well they r gonna win the war in the long run switching the fx to 256 architecture, then  r350 will have been beaten to the dust. till then ati is the monster to beat<span id='postcolor'>

Well, NV35 will probably beat R350 but they have to bring it out soon, otherwise it will have to deal with R400...ill put my money on R400 in that fight tounge.gif

Please keep on topic, this thread is not here to discuss Ati v Nvidia, thanx smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Feb. 13 2003,17:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'll newer buy again nVidia... tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

oops. i corrected it... wink.gif thx.