MrYureiWolf

Make AI turret automatically target and shoot any blufor that enter trigger?

Tried searching for lots of scripts to do this, found nothing. Tried to reverse engineer several killzone scripts, but I'm not really the most savvy with this type of stuff. I have a howitzer and a few GMGs looking down a valley and I want them to automatically spot and shoot at any BLUFOR which enter the valley, spotting them all right away and opening fire right away.

Presume your AI turret is a machine gun.

If your friendly troops are Bluforce then place a Opforce turret on the map.  It will shoot Blueforce soldiers.

If your friendly troops are Opforce then place a Blueforce turret on the map.  It will shoot Opforce soldiers.

The problem is that the AI has great trouble spotting enemy troops in the situation you describe.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2021 at 3:58 PM, mikey74 said:

Try this.  Place a trigger. lol It'll be easier just to look at my mission. This Arty script will work with most if not all artillery.

https://www.dropbox.com/preview/annihilate.Stratis.rar?context=browse&role=personal

video

Looks promising from the video, but you gave me the personal link so I can't see the file. Click the share button so u can give me a public link

On 11/15/2021 at 11:58 PM, mikey74 said:

Try this.  Place a trigger. lol It'll be easier just to look at my mission. This Arty script will work with most if not all artillery.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/68atxkce1t51635/annihilate.Stratis.rar?dl=0

video

Thank you for this!

Seems a lot more robust then other workshop compositions and "reveal" scripts.

So if I understand it, the Dest_Zone trigger starts a command in init.sqf that detects a list of enemies within 200m of the trigger. That list is passed (globally) to all artillery units, which then do a range check, have all their targets automatically lased, then fire continuously until there are no more enemies in the list, friendlies are detected, or ammo finished. 

I guess I have 2 questions:
I would like players to cross a large area and not have the AI empty its ammo at first sight: Can I set it with multiple dest_zone triggers? And can I restrict the artillery to fire periodically?