Sign in to follow this  
Ukm111

Units can no longer be ordered via numpad

Hello,

In Arma 3 missions, I had commanded my AI units via the numpad. E.g. I opened the "Move menu" with Numpad 1, and then selected with Numpad 1, for example, that the units should get back into formation. Or another example: I press numpad 8, the formation menu opens, and with the corresponding numpad key I select the formation. None of this works anymore: The action menu opens and I can also jump into the submenus, but the commands just mentioned will not be carried out. Strangely enough, however, some commands already work, such as specifying a target for the units, saluting or sitting down.

I completely reinstalled Arma 3, moved the Appdata folder and the Arma 3 profile folders to start over.

Please help

thanks

5 hours ago, Ukm111 said:

Hello,

In Arma 3 missions, I had commanded my AI units via the numpad. E.g. I opened the "Move menu" with Numpad 1, and then selected with Numpad 1, for example, that the units should get back into formation. Or another example: I press numpad 8, the formation menu opens, and with the corresponding numpad key I select the formation. None of this works anymore: The action menu opens and I can also jump into the submenus, but the commands just mentioned will not be carried out. Strangely enough, however, some commands already work, such as specifying a target for the units, saluting or sitting down.

I completely reinstalled Arma 3, moved the Appdata folder and the Arma 3 profile folders to start over.

Please help

thanks

You do know how to use the AI right? In case you don't know, you should select some units first before issuing any orders.

Also you should bind the Select Menu actions to Numpad keys, not Open Menu ones.

If none of the above solve your issue, take screenshots of your keybinds and upload them somewhere so we can take a look.

@Leopard20

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I once uploaded a video (https://streamable.com/4r2fy5) where I show my key assignments and commands. However, not all commands are carried out using the numeric keys. Commands like aiming at targets or sitting down work, all others don't.

Otherwise it always worked with the keyboard settings shown in the video.

I haven't loaded any mods either.

But even with the All-In-One Command Menu Deluxe, commands can no longer be selected using the numpad keys.

The normal keys 1-0, on the other hand, work perfectly when opening the action menu and command, although they are not entered in the settings.

Why is that?

2 hours ago, Ukm111 said:

@Leopard20

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I once uploaded a video (https://streamable.com/4r2fy5) where I show my key assignments and commands. However, not all commands are carried out using the numeric keys. Commands like aiming at targets or sitting down work, all others don't.

Otherwise it always worked with the keyboard settings shown in the video.

I haven't loaded any mods either.

But even with the All-In-One Command Menu Deluxe, commands can no longer be selected using the numpad keys.

The normal keys 1-0, on the other hand, work perfectly when opening the action menu and command, although they are not entered in the settings.

Why is that?

Try without my mod, see if the issue happens in vanilla.

5 minutes ago, Leopard20 said:

Try without my mod, see if the issue happens in vanilla. 

I wrote that I had unloaded all mods, including your mod. The problem is in Vanilla.

3 hours ago, Ukm111 said:

I once uploaded a video (https://streamable.com/4r2fy5) where I show my key assignments and commands.

As I told you:

13 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

Also you should bind the Select Menu actions to Numpad keys, not Open Menu ones.

and yet I see that you're still doing it in the video.

I had already tried that, unfortunately without success: https://streamable.com/l2k95h

I am surprised, however, because the keyboard settings shown in the video would otherwise always (for years) work with the command.
In addition, some commands also work with the keyboard settings.

I had reinstalled Arma 3, deleted Appdata, deleted the folders in the documents "Arma 3" and "Arma 3 other profiles", created a new profile and tested all presets in the keyboard settings.

All to no avail.

17 minutes ago, Ukm111 said:

I had already tried that, unfortunately without success: https://streamable.com/l2k95h

I don't think you understood what I mean. I mean you should UNBIND Open Menu actions (empty; no binding whatsoever). ONLY Select Menu should be bound to Numpad.

I showed that in the video with the number pad key 1. I have now removed all the button settings for the Open Menu actions and only assigned the Numpad to select Menu actions. https://streamable.com/t6lcry The soldiers do not react to "back in formation"

Have you tried going through and checking every other key-bind menu to see if some of the numpad keys are bound to other controls and could be conflicting? It seems that with some options working and some not that there is still a conflict somewhere...My numpad keys for example are bound to quick-look directions (NUMPAD4 is 90degrees left, NUMPAD6 is 90degrees right etc).

Just now, Jackal326 said:

Have you tried going through and checking every other key-bind menu to see if some of the numpad keys are bound to other controls and could be conflicting? It seems that with some options working and some not that there is still a conflict somewhere...My numpad keys for example are bound to quick-look directions (NUMPAD4 is 90degrees left, NUMPAD6 is 90degrees right etc). 

Yes, I did ... But I tried all the presets, including the "Empty" preset, where no keys are assigned, and then once only the open menu and once only the action menu buttons and once both at the same time.

What just amazes me is that it worked without any problems for years. Then I had a break from Arma 3 for a while, and removed all mods. Then all mods reinserted. I've had the problem ever since.

10 minutes ago, Ukm111 said:

Yes, I did ... But I tried all the presets, including the "Empty" preset, where no keys are assigned, and then once only the open menu and once only the action menu buttons and once both at the same time.

What just amazes me is that it worked without any problems for years. Then I had a break from Arma 3 for a while, and removed all mods. Then all mods reinserted. I've had the problem ever since.

I just took a look at the game files. Seems like you're right. Vanilla Commanding Menus cannot recognize Numpad keys at all.
You can open a ticket on:
https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/1/