OPCOM - OPERATIONS COMMAND

YmYSVDZ.png

VERSION: 0.1.0.220220.1

DOWNLOAD: Steam Workshop

DESCRIPTION
OPCOM is a "see what you get" menu to set up a single-player scenario for missions and a basic liberation mode. You can also drop into other maps, directly from your current scenario, to execute a special operations mission. It takes just a few clicks to set everything up to your liking. Also great for testing new maps and other content.

The menu has customization options, so you don't have to stick with its name, colors, or my logo in the boot sequence.

More things to come in the future.

WARNING:
1. This mod is still in development. Bugs and errors are guaranteed!
2. This mod is made out of fun, not to compete or replace other mods!
3. This mod is not perfect, but I am willing to learn, optimize and clean my scripts.
4. My military knowledge is from games and movies. Military terms might not be used correctly.

This mod wouldn't exist, without all the great people here in the community. Without you, I don't know what I would have done when I couldn't wrap my head around an issue. To all of you who are contributing to the Wiki and Forum... THANK YOU!

GLOBAL OPS UPDATE (17.02.2022)

In Global Ops, you will drop from your current scenario into any other map of your choice in the Arma world! Here's what you can expect:

• Deploy from your current scenario to Global Ops missions on any other map.
  • Set up to three different objectives for your operation.
  • Insert on foot, with a helicopter or para drop into the action.
  • Easy Access from a homebase on Stratis in Singleplayer Scenarios.
  • Your entire setup carries over to the Global Ops mission.
  • The Global Ops mission ends after all objectives are done or failed.

MORE UPDATE FEATURES

• OPCOM should now work on more maps, as long as they have at least three locations.
  • OPCOM should now work with more factions.
  • You can now add and delete single units from your squad.
  • Access to the full arsenal, including all ACE items.
  • Import and export your OPCOM loadouts to BIS and ACE arsenals.
  • Add vehicles from all factions of your side to your current faction.
  • Change your operator type in the commander settings of your faction.
  • Randomized weather system (experimental).
  • OPCOM now works on other screens than 16:9 (at least tested with 4:3, 16:10, and 21:9)
  • Your squad now heals themselves or each other when wounded or down.
  • Disable OPCOM respawn and revive system entirely.
  • Script and performance optimization.

For a full list of all features, tweaks and fixes have a look at the patch notes below.

SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler

oI8aCV1.jpg

7tbRptK.jpg

oMJyg17.jpg

QNbMY9W.jpg

T7PPw5W.jpg

Uwp2dCV.jpg

Sf0e4Qt.jpgIoihzdV.jpg

g6TuERT.jpg

BJgp6on.jpg

OPCOM KEY FEATURES

• full operator customization, including inventory management and gunsmith
  • import and export loadouts with BIS and ACE arsenals
  • support setup, incl. transport, CAS, artillery, and vehicle drops
  • faction setup for your scenario
  • customize the name, flag, vehicles, and groups of factions
  • six missions available, plus liberation game mode
  • world settings, incl. random patrols, air traffic, and random weather system (experimental)
  • various settings for gameplay, AI difficulty, and menu customization
  • transfer your settings between different OPCOM scenarios

HOW TO USE OPCOM

1. Place a unit on the map in 3DEN editor (you can change faction etc, in the menu).
  2. Place the OPCOM module on the map. It can be found in ‘modules >> ai-mods’
  3. Save your mission to single-player scenarios or play directly from within the editor.
  4. Open OPCOM from your action menu or bind a key in Arma settings.

COMPATIBILITY AND KNOWN ISSUES

• Don’t use respawn, revive or damage multipliers, if you use ACE or other mods that include medical features or damage handling.
  • Some combinations of mods may cause issues when spawning the dummies or vehicles in the menu (just happened once with Project Blufor and COD: MW2-Core enabled. The Game crashed when a new dummy spawned on faction change.)
  • Performance drops with ambient flybys over large AI groups.
  • Various problems if you decide to play in multiplayer, despite the mod's singleplayer nature!
  • Bloodlust mod conflicts with OPCOM respawn (will look into it).

FUTURE PLANS

• coop support
  • more objectives
  • squad units customization
  • civilians

I don't want to plan too much ahead. The top priority at the moment is to make this mod stable. But I'm curious about your feedback and what you want to be added.

THANK YOU!

Bohemia Interactive: Thank you for giving us Arma without any boundaries.
Community: Thank you to everyone who is contributing to the Wiki and Forums.
Honorable Mentions: KillzoneKid, das attorney, Dedmen, Gunter Severloh, Larrow, PierreMGI, serena, Tajin
Test-Squad: Arsenic, CazerVarix, Berni, Gattobuono, and Z
Lone-Wolf-Patch by Domi
Task Icons by Kalthramis (GitHub)

PATCH NOTES

v.0.0.220217.1

Spoiler

v.0.0.220217.1

FULL PATCH NOTES

MISSIONS - FUNCTIONALITY/USABILITY
ADDED: Global Ops (objectives >> Global Ops)
ADDED: Global Ops Homebase on Stratis in Singleplayer Scenarios
ADDED: ground, heli, and para drop insertion
ADDED: option for mission failure by too many KIA
ADDED: option for enemy vehicle usage
ADDED: option for enemy reinforcements
ADDED: objective 'rescue prisoners' (available in Global Ops and Combat Patrol Missions)
ADDED: objective 'attack sector' (available in Global Ops and Combat Patrol Missions)
ADDED: objective 'capture the flag' (available in Global Ops and Combat Patrol Missions)
FIXED: combat patrol missions and liberation missions should not conflict with each other anymore
TWEAKED: slightly reduced time until barrels explode after it is on fire
TWEAKED: positioning of comms node
TWEAKED: on mission cancel in OPCOM, all mission related objects and groups get deleted immediately
TWEAKED: added cutscene to liberation ending
TWEAKED: optimized mission scripts and handling
TWEAKED: optimized liberation scripts and handling
TWEAKED: when starting new missions, the old missions don't get deleted in tasks list anymore
TWEAKED: the squad units don't have to be as close as the player to exfil position to succeed

SYSTEMS - RESPAWN, REVIVE & MEDICAL
ADDED: respawn system can now be disabled entirely (settings >> gameplay >> respawn & revive system)
ADDED: revive can now be enabled for your squad
ADDED: option to auto heal or respawn dead squad units after mission, player respawn or after they bleeded out
FIXED: respawn should now always trigger on death from explosions
TWEAKED: damage treshold for respawn is now at 0.99, to give other revive mods a chance to kick in, trying to prevent that player gets always respawned by OPCOM
TWEAKED: squad units treat themselves when they are not suppressed

SYSTEMS - ENVIRONMENT
ADDED: force weather change (world >> environment)
ADDED: randomized weather (world >> environment)
ADDED: settings for daytime (world >> environment)

COMPATIBILITY - ACE
ADDED: loadout import and export to ACE Arsenal
ADDED: ACE items are now available in the loadout and inventory menu
ADDED: check if ACE rally point system (respawn) is used and you enable OPCOM respawn, you'll be asked if OPCOM respawn should be disabled
ADDED: check if ACE medical AI system (revive) is used and you enable OPCOM revive, you'll be asked if OPCOM revive should be disabled
ADDED: check if you've made changes to respawn or revive in ACE, and respawn and revive is enabled in OPCOM, you'll get a message about the conflict on next OPCOM menu exit

COMPATIBILITY - AIO (All-In-One Command Menu)
ADDED: check if AIO medical AI system (revive) is used and you enable OPCOM revive, you'll be asked if OPCOM revive should be disabled
ADDED: check if you've made changes to respawn or revive in AIO, and respawn and revive is enabled in OPCOM, you'll get a message about the conflict on next OPCOM menu exit

COMPATIBILITY - MISC
ADDED: loadout import and export to BIS Arsenal
ADDED: check if map has not at least three locations, player gets warned and OPCOM initialization will be aborted
TWEAKED: reading map data, resulting in more compatible maps like pecher and cold war rearmed maps (NOTE: maps need locations to function!)
TWEAKED: reading faction data, resulting in more compatible factions, like 3CB Factions
TWEAKED: OPCOM should now work on other aspect ratios than 16:9

MENU - FUNCTIONALITY/USABILITY
ADDED: feature to add and remove single units from your squad
ADDED: option to disable OPCOM respawn system (settings >> player >> respawn & revive system)
ADDED: option to change accuracy independet from other skills (settings >> ai setup)
ADDED: button to enable support type in it's vehicle pool settings
ADDED: it is now possible to add vehicle from side to faction (factions >> faction setup >> vehicle pool)
ADDED: when changing commander type in player faction, a randomized loadout for the class will apply to the operator
FIXED: endless loading screen when map is not compatible
FIXED: sliders now use the whole width (dot stopped before reaching end of line)
FIXED: squad info was shown in front of map when full map is active in dashboard and going back to dashbboard
FIXED: operator was shown behind map when full map was active in dashboard and going back to dashbboard
FIXED: operator was shown behind map when full map was active in dashboard and going back to dashbboard
FIXED: operator was hidden when full map was active in dashboard and going to operator tab
TWEAKED: now there is "tiny", "small", "medium", "large", and "x-large" for listbox text size available (settings >> menu >> menu appearance)
TWEAKED: different listbox types now have the same text size
TWEAKED: menu reboot handling on data import
TWEAKED: reorganized gameplay and player settings
TWEAKED: moved respawn and revive system to player settings (settings >> player >> respawn & revive system)
TWEAKED: on slider dots, the unit, e.g. % or minutes, is now shown with the value
TWEAKED: reorganized settings tab
TWEAKED: moved weapon handling from player settings to gameplay settings
TWEAKED: moved player fitness from player settings to gameplay settings
TWEAKED: moved invincible squad setting from ai-setup to gameplay settings
TWEAKED: reorganized gameplay settings (respawn and revive, health and medical, player and squad fitness, weapon handling, misc. settings)
TWEAKED: moved environment settings from gameplay to world >> environment
TWEAKED: modified BIS notifications script for better position in men

v.0.0.211204.3

Spoiler

v.0.0.211204.3

**UPDATE NEWS**

You can now...
...import and export following settings through different OPCOM scenarios:

• AI Setup   
  • Gameplay   
  • Player   
  • Menu   
  • Faction Data (including operator, support and squad for each faction)

...enable a permanent parachute option (settings >> gameplay >> misc.):

•     when you exit an aircraft, your squad will follow
  •     once you are in freefall, you'll have the option to open the parachute
  •     your squad pulls parachute when you do or
  •     your squad pulls parachute automatically at a height of 100-75 meters

...set up a custom keybind to open OPCOM:

• go to Arma settings   
  • select 'Controls'   
  • in the drop-down list at the top should be a mod section with 'Ai-Mods' entry at the very bottom of the list   
  • set your keybind to launch OPCOM

The new features should work, but they are experimental and work in progress. Don't use, if you experience game breaking issues.

Performance:

• faction data collection on first boot of OPCOM should be faster now, especially with lots of factions loaded
  • possible gameplay performance boost, due to script optimization and bug fixes

PLEASE NOTE: I cannot guarantee, that your exported data can be still used after the next update! Until full release it's recommended to start a new game after OPCOM got an update.

**FULL PATCH NOTES**

ADDED: data center in settings for import and export
ADDED: option to import saved data on OPCOM boot
ADDED: welcome message when OPCOM is launched for the first time
ADDED: info about update when player loads OPCOM in a game with an older version of OPCOM
ADDED: info about update when player loads a game with an older version of OPCOM (will apply on future updates)
ADDED: info about update features when OPCOM is launched after an update (will only show up once)
FIXED: error in inventory management
FIXED: menu was not reacting as intented when mission was active, and player tried to make changes to a faction
FIXED: buttons for vehicle types in faction setup are now complete and directing to the correct vehicle type
FIXED: adding ground vehicles to support vehicle drop, enabled them for air traffic
FIXED: drones were available for ground transport
TWEAKED: faction initialization should now process faster on first OPCOM boot (especially with lots of mods loaded)
TWEAKED: menu is now slightly blacked out, when a message box appears
TWEAKED: OPCOM now starts automatically when starting a new mission

MISC - FUNCTIONALITY/STABILITY
REMOVED: CBA requirement and CBA keybind
ADDED: custom keybind in arma settings to launch OPCOM (there's now a mod section in the control settings dropdown list)
ADDED: western sahara DLC default enemy faction selection on Sefrou Ramal map
ADDED: automatic parachute option in SETTINGS >> GAMEPLAY >> MISC.
FIXED: players HQ garrison units didn't switch when selecting a new factions
FIXED: error with resetting players gps item after drone use
FIXED: drone bar was still visible when loading a save were no drone was enabled
FIXED: stamina, recoil and weapon sways wasn't applied to new operator when player changed his faction
FIXED: sometimes squad and vehicle got deleted when using a support drop vehicle
FIXED: support didn't apply on menu exit after player faction changed
FIXED: player squad didn't apply on menu exit after player faction changed
FIXED: error with smokeshell on transport support
FIXED: comms node now also finishes if destroyed by an explosive
TWEAKED: fatigue regeneration handling had impact on performance

v.0.0.211121.1

Spoiler

v.0.0.211121.1

**INFORMATION**
This is a small update to fix some annoying bugs and problems. For usability, I've tweaked the faction settings to make it more intentional on how to change commander, infantry, vehicles etc. 

I've also started reworking the AI settings. They now have their own category in the settings. You can set skills per faction and for your squad. If you use other mods that set skills, or if you want to keep everything from your Arma profile settings, skills can now be disabled and they are disabled by default. You can also make your squad invulnerable, if you don't want them to die.

Sorry for not having more at the moment, but this week I've had a few issues and found out, that I'll need a small surgery, next week. Nothing concerning, but painful, which holds me back from scripting.

In the second half of December I should be back in the saddle and be able to script and deliver more. Meanwhile I do what I can. 🙂

**CREATING A NEW GAME IS RECOMMENDED!**
I cannot guarantee, that this update will work with saves including the previous version of this mod.

**PATCH NOTES**

ADDED: you can now change faction names in faction setup
ADDED: option in settings >> menu to enable/disable tooltips in listboxes
FIXED: a scrollbar was shown on the checkboxes for enemy selection in missions
FIXED: a scrollbar was shown on the checkboxes for combat mode in support settings
FIXED: infinite loading screen when player has chosen a civilian unit (player has to be EAST, WEST or INDEPENDENT)
TWEAKED: removed faction army listbox in faction settings and added buttons instead to change faction content (commander, groups, vehicle pool)
TWEAKED: moved AI settings to it's own section: settings >> ai setup

MISC - FUNCTIONALITY/STABILITY
FIXED: progress bars for bleedout and remaining units (liberation) were still shown after loading from a save
FIXED: problem with not properly named global variables that could conflict with other mods
ADDED: garbage and wreck deletion (currently hard coded, settings will follow)
TWEAKED: diver infantry groups are now by default inactive (can be activated in faction setup >> infantry)

SYSTEMS - AI SKILL
TWEAKED: skill and modifier can now be set per faction
ADDED: option to set skill for squad
ADDED: option to make squad invulnerable
IMPORTANT: skill is only applied at new units. settings don't affect already spawned units!

SYSTEMS - SUPPORT
FIXED: map selection should no longer appear when switching seats on transport vehicle
FIXED: ground support did not drive to destination
FIXED: player squad could get stuck on ground transport vehicle
TWEAKED: added tracked vehicles (tanks) to ground transport

DONATIONS
You like my mod? You want to support me? Thank you in advance! At the moment, every cent is appreciated.

1mU87G2.png

MAKE ARMA, NOT WAR!

DOWNLOAD

YmYSVDZ.png

Steam-Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2651774379

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

Congrats, sounds awesome. :rthumb:

• Like 1

Now that's a pretty UI 🤩

• Like 1

On 11/12/2021 at 7:34 AM, phronk said:

Now that's a pretty UI 🤩

Thank you! To be honest, it's because of the pandemic ^^ After my company cut working hours last year, I said to myself "now or never" and started from scratch.
Btw... your profile picture and your comment are so matching 😄

I haven't logged onto this website in years, and I logged in to let you know that I am amazed with that UI. Absolutely beautiful. The amount of work and love that went into that is insane.

• Like 5

New Update released. Now it's possible to transfer settings and faction data between OPCOM scenarios 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I am absolutely blown away by your work. I'm simply speechless. Bohemia should hire you.

• Like 1

I completely agree with pognivet! Your work is amazing and Bohemia should hire you to work on Arma 4! Compliments!

• Like 1

GLOBAL OPS UPDATE OUT NOW!

In Global Ops you will drop from your current scenario into any other map of your choice in the Arma world! Here's what you can expect:

• Deploy from your current scenario to Global Ops missions on any other map.
  • Set up to three different objectives for your operation.
  • Insert on foot, with a helicopter or para drop into the action.
  • Easy Access from a homebase on Stratis in Singleplayer Scenarios.
  • Your entire setup carries over to the Global Ops mission.
  • The Global Ops mission ends after all objectives are done or failed.

MORE UPDATE FEATURES

• OPCOM should now work on more maps, as long as they have at least three locations.
  • OPCOM should now work with more factions.
  • You can now add and delete single units from your squad.
  • Access to full arsenal, including all ACE items.
  • Import and export your OPCOM loadouts to BIS and ACE arsenals.
  • Add vehicles from all factions of your side to your current faction.
  • Change your operator type in the commander settings of your faction.
  • Randomized weather system (experimental).
  • OPCOM now works on other screens than 16:9 (at least tested with 4:3, 16:10 and 21:9)
  • Your squad now heals themselves or each other when wounded or down.
  • Disable OPCOM respawn and revive system entirely.
  • Script and performance optimization.

For a full list of all features, tweaks and fixes have a look at the patch notes in the description.

iq3rib8.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, EO said:

Fantastic work. 

Thank you for your comment! It means a lot to me! Working on this just by myself is challenging sometimes ^^ But the feedback and knowing you are having fun with it, keeps me going and learning 🙂

• Thanks 1

Thanks, great addition to the gameplay; Is garbage collector somehow implemented? I couldn't find it in the menu or changelogs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vafana said:

Thanks, great addition to the gameplay; Is garbage collector somehow implemented? I couldn't find it in the menu or changelogs.

Thank you! The garbage collector didn't make it into the current update, but will be added next and soon.

• Thanks 1

On 2/22/2022 at 1:22 PM, vafana said:

I'm curious about your opinion... Do you want the garbage collector to be adjustable or is it enough if it is pre-defined?

2 hours ago, kingofnuthin1980 said:

I'm curious about your opinion... Do you want the garbage collector to be adjustable or is it enough if it is pre-defined?

Thanks for the question, it would be beneficial for the gameplay to be adjustable and more practical if it were included in the in-game menu. A good example of implementation is Rydiger's dynamic mission "Pilgrimage"; But of course it's all up to you.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 5:40 PM, vafana said:

Thanks for the question, it would be beneficial for the gameplay to be adjustable and more practical if it were included in the in-game menu. A good example of implementation is Rydiger's dynamic mission "Pilgrimage"; But of course it's all up to you.

Aaaaand another dialog to build 😀 Luckily that's fun!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, kingofnuthin1980 said:

Aaaaand another dialog to build 😀 Luckily that's fun!

Man you got a great attitude- GUI's are generally nightmare in this game but you are really talented with them. Can BI please hire this guy to re-do the horrendous Action menu ??

• Like 1

16 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Man you got a great attitude- GUI's are generally nightmare in this game but you are really talented with them. Can BI please hire this guy to re-do the horrendous Action menu ??

Thank you! 🙂 First, it was painful. But then it's pure fun to watch the whole menu grow. I've made the GUI like a construction kit. Now it's easy and fast to create new pages. Sometimes in minutes. Maybe not perfect, but it works. The only thing I am scared of is to clean it up ^^

If there's time left between my planned features done and Arma 4, I want to tackle the action menu.🙂

• Like 1

Thank you very much for this amazing mod!

I was wondering if it is possible to import my own custom squad (beside my operator) I to OPCOM? Would I need to create my own faction for this?

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 4:16 PM, rainbow47 said:

Thank you very much for this amazing mod!

I was wondering if it is possible to import my own custom squad (beside my operator) I to OPCOM? Would I need to create my own faction for this?

Thank you for the feedback 😊 At the moment you can add and remove units to your squad. With the next update comes loadout and equipment customization. I hope this will give you all you need to create your very own squad for your missions.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2022 at 7:09 AM, kingofnuthin1980 said:

Thank you for the feedback 😊 At the moment you can add and remove units to your squad. With the next update comes loadout and equipment customization. I hope this will give you all you need to create your very own squad for your missions.

Wow, this is fantastic! May I ask what's the ETA for the next update?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rainbow47 said:

Wow, this is fantastic! May I ask what's the ETA for the next update?

If nothing comes in between, it's planned to drop sometime in April. I have to take care of some stuff outside of modding at the moment. So please take this with a grain of salt 😉

Hey guys, is there a way to set the quantity of enemies on a mission? Usually I get 30+ enemies per mission, and it''s pretty difficult to win without using CAS/artillery. I would like to create small missions, winnable using a small fire team of 5~6 AI soldiers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacobs said:

Hey guys, is there a way to set the quantity of enemies on a mission? Usually I get 30+ enemies per mission, and it''s pretty difficult to win without using CAS/artillery. I would like to create small missions, winnable using a small fire team of 5~6 AI soldiers.

I'll see if I can squeeze in an option for the enemy strength into the settings 😉 

• Like 1