GTX49

Weird Crash issue

So guys in short I've been experiencing this weird crash issue of Arma3 on my new rig, as it only happens when i'm tryin to play on multiplayer, on single player the game runs fine and stable with no crashes. 

The crash or so forces my PC to restart by itself as if someone hit the reboot button on it.. I've tried all sort of solutions and changes Like these:-

-playing without mods and with - still crash
-using the malloc command - still crash
-checking if im having any shortening in my power feed to gpu and cpu but all is fine - still crash
-disabling and enabling gamemode on windows 10 - still crash
- disabling virtual surround sound - still crash
However it stopped for a while after i uninstalled Nvidia HD Audio driver, but went back crashing again after couple of days.. So i could say its something related to audio but i'm not sure about it..

On a side note sometimes it does crash sometimes it doesn't!

Any helpful ideas would appreciated

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pagoda.br said:

You can use WhoCrashed to detect the reason of the crash: https://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

I tried it.. apparently my system doesnt consider that sudden restart as a crash, however I'm checking event viewer for any clue

Sounds more of a hardware problem. My money is on bad RAM

4 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

Sounds more of a hardware problem. My money is on bad RAM

the pc is brand new and its been under tight stress test so i doubt it.. and im running all kind of heavy games on it so doubt its a ram issue

I had similar issues a few months ago, but only when playing 'Hell Let Loose'. I found that removing my graphics card and re-seating it seemed to fix the issue. Not saying that will work for you, but it seemed to for me.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jackal326 said:

I had similar issues a few months ago, but only when playing 'Hell Let Loose'. I found that removing my graphics card and re-seating it seemed to fix the issue. Not saying that will work for you, but it seemed to for me.

Everything is mounted on correctly 😞 i double checked already.. Even removed and changed rams positions 

Try using a cpu heavy benchmark mission and log al hardware usage (temperatures/voltage) etc. Then check if there is something out of the ordinary (like high GPU temps). 

6 minutes ago, ozzbik said:

Try using a cpu heavy benchmark mission and log al hardware usage (temperatures/voltage) etc. Then check if there is something out of the ordinary (like high GPU temps). 

GPU temps are fine.. running a waterloop all around it and same goes for voltage, however team viewer presented this to me as why the PC restarted:-

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error
Processor APIC ID: 2

so i assume somehow my Ryzen 5600x hates arma 3 or so ?

Check the following:

- BIOS latest version?

- Memory/processor speed as expected (not overclocked)?

3 hours ago, ozzbik said:

Check the following:

- BIOS latest version?

i found an update for the bios and already updated it.. going to test it soon in game
and no haven't overclocked anything .. i just made the fans runs a bit faster n that's it 

On 11/12/2021 at 8:53 PM, ozzbik said:

Check the following:

- BIOS latest version?

looks like updating the BIOS helped me with the issue for now 😄 thanks a bunch

Apparently the silly single core programing for arma 3 wasnt too friendly to Ryzen 

• Like 1