Sign in to follow this  
steam-76561198136161857

Dedicated Server refusing to load mods (tfar & cba)

Hey folks!

This is my first Post here. Please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong.

I'm currently in the process of setting up a basic server for me and my friends.

We just want to play some standard Arma missions while using TFAR (Task Force Arrowhead Radio) which, like a lot of other mods out there, requires CBA_A3.

So far so easy.

First let me tell you what I've done to set up my server:

• Installed the server via steamcmd (standard procedure)
  • Downloaded tfar (v0.9.12) and CBA_A3 (v3.15.6.211004) (tried my local workshop files as well as github release downloads from the devs themselves)
  • Copied the two mod folders to the root of my arma server
  • Copied the keys from inside the mod folders to the keys folder in the server root
  • Started the server with the following options:  -world="empty" -mod=@CBA_A3;@task_force_radio; -autoinit

Now let me tell you what happens after I launch the server.
Everything seems to work as expected. The server starts up without throwing any error in the console.
After a minute or two I can reach the server via direct connect. But that's where it starts to get weird.
When you click on a server in Armas serverlist, you see a list of mods which are running on the server in the bottom right corner. 

xNHcMLX6B1h4.png?o=1

And well... It doesn't show either CBA nor TFAR. It just lists the standard Arma 3 DLC's.

uR8J22hlXdfl.png?o=1

When we connect to the server while being connected to TeamSpeak (and obviously having installed the plugin in TS) we hear the init sound that TFAR makes once you spawn on the map. We can open the Radio via Ctrl+P and we can use PTT via Caps. But we can't hear each other. Neither by standing next to each other nor by using the radio (we checked the frequency, it was the same).

Now I'm really really confused. I can't find any additional steps that you have to do in order to use mods on an Arma server ...
ANY help is highly appreciated! I'm close to thinking about giving up and going back to LAN games via Hamachi with max 5 people because I'm trying to figure this out for three days already.

Thanks in advance everyone and have a great day
Edited by steam-76561198136161857
Added images

1 minute ago, steam-76561198136161857 said:

It's working now! Changing the TS did the trick ... I don't know why and how, but something is wrong with the TS Server.

Probably an older (or newer) unsupported version...

2 hours ago, Jackal326 said:

Probably an older (or newer) unsupported version...

No. Found the issue. The TS Server was using TeaSpeak, not TeamSpeak. You don't see that in the Client unless you look for it.
TeaSpeak used to support TFAR, but one of the recent updates broke the TFAR plugin and it's no longer supported.

50 minutes ago, steam-76561198136161857 said:

No. Found the issue. The TS Server was using TeaSpeak, not TeamSpeak. You don't see that in the Client unless you look for it.
TeaSpeak used to support TFAR, but one of the recent updates broke the TFAR plugin and it's no longer supported.

Wasn't even aware "TeaSpeak" was a thing. I was partly right when I said it was "unsupported" though 😉