Ibragim A

Trip Wire Grenade

Trip Wire Grenade on Steam

Description:

Sometimes on the battlefield, you may need to make a trip wire trap from a simple grenade. The sapper player is now able to do this.

• This mod works with all types of explosive grenades.
  • The animation of creating and installing the stretch is involved.
  • After deactivation, the tripwire mine becomes the grenade that was used.
  • The tripwire mine does not fall under the floor.
  • It always works, even in cases where the vanilla tripwire mine does not work due to collisions with textures. 
  • Like 4

How can you make a stretch from the RGO / RGN? They will not explode after taking out the checks.
Works with grenades from mods, ACE, RHS?

Smoke and incendiary grenades that have a check?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, [ha]boris said:

How can you make a stretch from the RGO / RGN? They will not explode after taking out the checks.

Thank you for your comment! In fact, I didn't even think about these subtleties. The script contains a condition that defines current throwable as a combat (explosive) grenade, and about the check, I will either have to search in the configs, or simply write an array with grenades with a check from all known mods.

IBR_MAKE_STRETCH_CONDITION = "((currentThrowable player select 0) call BIS_fnc_itemType select 1 isEqualTo 'Grenade')";

I think you can rename it a "Trip Wire Grenade" in English as technically that is what it is. Great mod! I love it and your selective trigger for mines.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, [ha]boris said:

I could not find anything in the vanilla grenade configs that would indicate an exploding machinism.

If you understand this better than others, could you make an array with all the classes of grenades that can be used as a stretch from popular mods (ACE, RHS ...)?
Like:

["rhs_mag_rgd5","rhs_mag_f1"...]
/// Mods: RHS,...

Since the idea of the mod only includes combat explosive grenades and their use as traps, it will not work for smoke or flare grenades.

Now the user can open add-on settings and customize what types of grenades he can use in this mod.

• Like 2

This is a very cool idea and something that I've enjoyed using in the CSLA CDLC. However it does seem a bit limited if only sappers/combat engineers are able to perform this action. Any chance of having an option to allow any type of unit to perform this action? Setting traps like this isn't something that would take a great deal of knowledge and is the type of thing that individual soldiers or guerilla fighters would learn if the circumstances required it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scimitar said:

This is a very cool idea and something that I've enjoyed using in the CSLA CDLC. However it does seem a bit limited if only sappers/combat engineers are able to perform this action. Any chance of having an option to allow any type of unit to perform this action? Setting traps like this isn't something that would take a great deal of knowledge and is the type of thing that individual soldiers or guerilla fighters would learn if the circumstances required it.

You are right, especially when it comes to guerrilla units. This option doesn't hurt at all and is included now.

• Like 1

The stretch now has its own model with a grenade used by the sapper.

Arma3-2021-11-13-13-57-10-040.png

• Like 3