Sign in to follow this  
fawlty

Frame rate fluctuation

Just finishing up a mission I am working on and doing some testing.

I've noticed frame rates ranging from 60fps down to 24fps every 45 seconds or so. (I have Arma capped at 60frames)

My CPU usage is steady at 14% (intel 11600k  at 5ghz)

I have 32gb of ram and only about 11gb is being used.

GPU D3D usage is where things get strange, when frames drop my d3d gpu usage drops to about 30%

When frames are at their max my gpu usage is at about 65-70%

I can't understand why or if there's a fix to keep the d3d gpu usage at 70%

Any ideas?

Thanks

Is this behaviour exclusive to when you're testing your mission or does it happen in other (all?) missions as well?

If its exclusive to your mission, is there some form of repeating event or script etc that is triggered in the 45 second time-frame you mentioned?

• Thanks 1

No I noticed it also playing prairie fire on the original map as well. I think I'll make a copy of the mission and start removing things to narrow the problem down.

Will report back if I can track it down.

It does feel like there's a repeating script effecting things. I usually set all triggers to server only to limit issues.

OK, got it figured out.

I'm using this great script by nKenny in conjunction with hold path. I set the rush script with to high a value that was activating too many ai some not in the play area.

Once I reduced the script to a reasonable number my frames stayed steady maxed out. 

Thanks Jackal for the suggestion re script, that sparked my idea to play with the scripts settings. 

• Like 1