Callsign

Western Sahara CDLC Unofficial Discussion

I was a bit disappointed the commanders optic doesn't rise on a mast on the Marshall CV

• Sad 1

Congrats on the release, always great to see more 2035 content 
I noticed the camera in the bino slot, does it just operate as a zoom-able optic or is there some magic to be done with that?

It would be great if there was an "easy to set up" way of using it for surveillance or recon.
Perhaps a module you could sync to an object or person and if you press fire to "take the shot" with that object in frame (and maybe within a certain distance)  then it would trigger a variable true or something like that.

Anyway thanks again for the great CDLC 

More comments from playing ESCAPE:

I love the SLR! It feels great in use right up there with the marksman DLC. 

Also glad this cDLC is 2036 because I can use all the ARMA 3 scopes on most of the rifles! 

Turban looks good when in use. I suggest to create more variety in the future.

For the terrain, I had a idea... the main populated area is about 10KM, yet the map is 100KM in total.

Maybe a rolling update for the terrain where future areas may be developed like how CUP team updates their terrains.

Story could be exacation exposed hidden areas over time... would be a great quarterly update for example to keep the community engaged.

Also, I really love the 2036 timeline as it feels it can be integrated into ARMAverse like Contact and Apex. 

Just need some CSAT operations with updated Iranian assets.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2021 at 10:08 AM, lexx said:

There seems to be an issue with the Linux server stuff right now. It's under investigation.

Is there any news on this problem? 

Thx.

UPDATE

After the Update to v1.01 the Linux DS is starting now. Thanks. 

On 11/18/2021 at 7:17 PM, lexx said:

Adding in the old SUV would have just caused another shitstorm about "mods did it better" etc. no matter how much we would have improved it. 😕

An unfortunate side effect of CSLA, which I feel got a much worse reaction than deserved. Those were not just simple A2 ports equivalent to CUP

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ex3B said:

An unfortunate side effect of CSLA, which I feel got a much worse reaction than deserved. Those were not just simple A2 ports equivalent to CUP

Fully agree. 

• Like 1

Hi, 
I am trying to run a simple multiplayer setup on my Linux DS, but when I attempt to load into the new Sahara map, it gives this error: "no entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgworlds.sefrouramal'". Any ideas on why this is happening? Thanks in advance!

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I recently started the Wester Sahara "Extraction" scenario and I can't figure out how to rearm myself.

I checked the armory at the FOB for ammo (7.62 for my Mk18), but I can't find any.

Could someone perhaps point me in the right direction?

anyone else have their save for extraction broken by this update that just released? quite a bit disappointed to have to restart the mission and lose my progress, but its been fun enough that I'm willing to do it over again.

23 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

anyone else have their save for extraction broken by this update that just released? quite a bit disappointed to have to restart the mission and lose my progress, but its been fun enough that I'm willing to do it over again.

Well, not broken, but I did noticed that the game automatically loaded an older save. Luckily I was able to still load my last save manually.

Fwiw by the way:

Ammo is located under the backpack and vest subcategory in the armory (not under the weapon tab)

I've been playing this DLC since release and every time the same bug will break my whole game. 

I have restarted the game several times, but every time the same bug over and over again breaks the game!

Where can I find the Bug Tracker of Western Sahara DLC?

19 hours ago, lexx said:

Here: https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/profile/62/

Or you could have just written here what's going on. 😆

Ok. I will only talk about the singleplayer experience. 

Somehow, gameplay of this DLC will break the AI of the player's subordinates.

During the game process, sooner or later one of the player's AI-subordinates (hired agents for $500) will stop their movement and stop following any order.

He will remain motionless and will refuse to follow any order!  This can happen at the most inopportune moment - immediately after being hired, when the player paid the last money, for the damned agent or when the player arrived at the place of execution of the task and ordered the AI-subordinate to get out vehicle, or when the player team returned to base and got out of the car, in order to rearm, etc.  

This does not happen during combat. This happens when the situation is completely safe, such as when the agent has just been hired. He will go into the player's tent, where intelligence is collected, and never come out again.

I tried restarting the mission. I tried restarting the the whole campaign and every time the same thing - at some point the AI-subordinate will stop moving anywhere. 

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that such a bug occur only after the player has been killed and he once switched to the surviving character in his squad.

In this case, one AI-subordinate of the player will sooner or later stop any movements. It seems to me that the possibility of changing players somehow breaks the relationship in this squad between AI-units.

In general, I abandoned the play of this DLC three times, only for this reason - the subordinate stops doing anything.

Other annoying bug that I noticed.

Part of the AI-sentries of the enemy,  placed in the enemy camps, where player need to complete missions, will not take damage! 

They will also not react to bullets and shells falling nearby.

It looks like it's running an ambient animation, that they can't get out of.

They can be shot with any weapon, but this will not bring any result. They'll just keep standing like an unkillable statues/

I really hope you fix these bugs

Should I create tickets on the feedback tracker?

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 8:21 AM, mickeymen said:

Ok. I will only talk about the singleplayer experience. 

Somehow, gameplay of this DLC will break the AI of the player's subordinates.

During the game process, sooner or later one of the player's AI-subordinates (hired agents for $500) will stop their movement and stop following any order.

He will remain motionless and will refuse to follow any order!  This can happen at the most inopportune moment - immediately after being hired, when the player paid the last money, for the damned agent or when the player arrived at the place of execution of the task and ordered the AI-subordinate to get out vehicle, or when the player team returned to base and got out of the car, in order to rearm, etc.  

This does not happen during combat. This happens when the situation is completely safe, such as when the agent has just been hired. He will go into the player's tent, where intelligence is collected, and never come out again.

I tried restarting the mission. I tried restarting the the whole campaign and every time the same thing - at some point the AI-subordinate will stop moving anywhere. 

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that such a bug occur only after the player has been killed and he once switched to the surviving character in his squad.

In this case, one AI-subordinate of the player will sooner or later stop any movements. It seems to me that the possibility of changing players somehow breaks the relationship in this squad between AI-units.

In general, I abandoned the play of this DLC three times, only for this reason - the subordinate stops doing anything.

Other annoying bug that I noticed.

Part of the AI-sentries of the enemy,  placed in the enemy camps, where player need to complete missions, will not take damage! 

They will also not react to bullets and shells falling nearby.

It looks like it's running an ambient animation, that they can't get out of.

They can be shot with any weapon, but this will not bring any result. They'll just keep standing like an unkillable statues/

I really hope you fix these bugs

Should I create tickets on the feedback tracker?

I've had similar issues but with enemy vehicles that become translucid (invulnerable) to my rockets. In fact the rockets pass through the enemy APC when I fire at it!

Most issues happen after loading a saved game. Those get easily corrupted and doesn't seem to work well with the dynamic simulation system that Western Sahara's Ai use for better performance.

I wonder if this CDLC will continue to be supported regarding bugs and also regarding new content/features. It is an awesome CDLC, it just needs some final touches to get to the finish line!

Now, once again, I restarted the entire scenario from the beginning, and in the !first mission, my subordinate AI again failed. 

I want to say to the developers of Western Sahara DLC - The AI problem is simply impossible to play this DLC In singleplayer mode, ufortunatelly this is not playable content.

Before I assumed it:

On 2/10/2022 at 3:21 PM, mickeymen said:

but I was wrong. This time the AI issue occurred without switching the player. Subordinate AI freezes in one place, refuses to move or follow orders. This will happen first with one then with another unit, etc 

But I noticed the following - In most cases, my problem arose after the commands - "get into the vehicle" or "get out of the vehicle". 

Exactly - that moment, when I select ai-subordinate and point to the vehicle to enter. Or when, I select ai-subordinate and choose exit command (4/1 keys)

Those. AI need to run and get into the vehicle - AI froze
or AI need to get out of the vehicle - AI got out and froze

In both cases, the AI subordinate can have a chance turned into a statue (freezing in place), unable to respond to the orders of the Player -commander. 

The problem does not seem to be a big one, but it is for this reason that I still (since the release) have not been able to complete this DLC!

On 3/17/2022 at 6:20 AM, LSValmont said:

I've had similar issues but with enemy vehicles that become translucid (invulnerable) to my rockets.

For me, the problem of immunity to damage is not the main one. Still, you can get back to the base and restart the task or start a new one.

Much worse than paying the last money to hire an agent and when at the most crucial moment, such an agent will let you down during the mission.

Maybe playing alone, without subordinate AI?  It simply not possible.

It seems to me that the main problem of the single player mode of DLC Sahara is a broken AI.

On 3/17/2022 at 6:20 AM, LSValmont said:

I wonder if this CDLC will continue to be supported regarding bugs and also regarding new content/features. It is an awesome CDLC, it just needs some final touches to get to the finish line!

I totally agree, It needs a cure

I still hope that this DLC is not dead and the authors will fix its errors. 

We simply can't reproduce the ai issue. Do you play with any other mods?

Same about the immunity -- can't reproduce it. That said, we are not using any custom mechanics for that, so whatever is going on there (tank invulnerable after loading savegame), must be a vanilla game issue with the simulation manager. If that's the case, sadly there isn't much we can do. It's especially hard to deal with if there is no 100% sure way of reproducing the issues.

Any chance or releasing the Alchemist scenario powers? I was thinking an asymmetric PvP scenario with the Octocamo suit mod and Alchemist powers would be pretty sweet, but there is no module for it. Anywho love the CDLC guys great job on it!

I recently started created missions on this map. I'm really impressed by the amount of detail that is noticable once you start seriously playing on it.

A simple question: I use a little script on flag poles that players can use to switch the flags. The default flag paths look like this: "\A3\Data_F\Flags\Flag_uk_CO.paa", but I cant get the sfia flag working. I couldn't find it in the config viewer. What is the correct path and name for the SFIA flag?

The flags are in

lxWS/data_f_lxWS/img/flags/

flag_Argana_CO.paa, flag_SFIA_CO.paa, flag_ion_co.paa, and flag_una_co.paa

Played the SP mission and here's my feedback. It was really a great mission. Having to return to the FOB with the intel for analysis somehow motivated me as hell. The side objectives were good too. Had some great playing sessions.

Downsides which lowered the quality:

• I had problems with the UAV (which was a pity because using it was a lot of fun!). When I was in the turret, the UAV itself began moving and turning around wierdly. Auto hovering was on obviously. Altitude maybe? I was at 200 m and then tested it at 150 m but maybe this was still to high? Eventually it stopped moving like that and I could use it again but in the last fight the problem started again so I just abandoned it.
  • Really low FPS twice throughout the mission. Can't really tell when exactly this happened, there was a lot of action and movement, but this doesn't seem to be related to my PC. The FPS dropped down to 12 or so and I had to close Arma and reload several times until it somehow fixed the problem.
  • The UAV turret starts shooting on known enemies when you select another unit
  • When I attacked a location, some enemies would just stand around, not reacting. Only when shot at.

Especially the last two points should have been a bit better in such an official release.

All in all this was money well spent though. Congratulations on the release!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your feedback! I'll go over your points quickly.

1 - this is an engine issue. All UAVs behave like that. Sadly there is nothing we can do about it. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes what you describe happens.

2 - Can't say I ever noticed this happening to me, so sadly.. I have no idea.

3 - that's also an engine "issue" (it's just how ai behaves - see enemy, shoot at enemy). To get around this, you need to disable autonomous mode. Some people want the UAV to engage on its own, so disabling this with some scripted workaround is not good. That said, disabling autonomous mode will also workaround the mentioned issue under 1.

4 - Not sure about this. Could be related to the dynamic simulation. We have to nerf the ai here and there, or it would be too much. Can't say I noticed this much before either, though, with maybe a rare exception here and there.

But again, thanks for your feedback. We are reading and evaluating everything.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2023 at 11:42 PM, Undeceived said:

Really low FPS twice throughout the mission. Can't really tell when exactly this happened, there was a lot of action and movement, but this doesn't seem to be related to my PC. The FPS dropped down to 12 or so and I had to close Arma and reload several times until it somehow fixed the problem.

Just a small addition: I noted that this is indeed a problem on my end, so nevermind.

I tried googling it, but with no joy: is there some sort of a sample/template available for WS ballistic mask? There's at least one addon with custom textures for WS masks, and I'd like to make my own, but I have no idea how these guys made it when all the WS files are encrypted.