Callsign

Western Sahara CDLC Unofficial Discussion

On 10/30/2021 at 9:30 PM, lexx said:

It's all decided on a case-by-case basis, so sadly we can't say what will happen in the future.

But the driver protection? 7.62 can still kill the driver from the front?

That marshall in the pic I linked in a previous post, are those ATGMs? SAMs? An option for both?

All versions of the marshall remain amphibious and air transportable?

-----

Anyway, I am not really excited about the location/ a desert setting, and yet another square map.

However, I am liking the 2035 setting... or rather that these assets have stats meant to fit in with the official BI assets, and thus expands the base game rather than being more standalone.

I am excited about the marshall variants, the up-armored pickups, the armed modular drone, the zsu-23s and the zamaks carrying them*. 

That all seems very interesting to me, and the price isn't too high, so I can excuse uniforms that look like are just a color swap of the syndicate fatigues.

*I hope those AA guns can be slingloaded, can they also be transported by flatbed trucks?

there will bea T100 mbt with the camo on the image? wil be a dream
FD5Z-oMWQAI51ZC.jpg

• Like 3

Anyone know what you need to add for the mod curator for dedicated servers ?

i.e. other DLC, etc:
mod=curator;kart;heli;mark;expansion;jets;argo;orange;tacops;tank;enoch;

Western Sahara ? ws ???

• Like 1

a first look to the WS (to me is a formal BI DLC)

1. A Must to have for the mission maker or the simple user;
  2. the terrain is very good and good FPS (finally);
  3. the uniform, gear and weapons give to the game endless scenarios and mods;
  4. the PASGT with glasses!

3 things don't like me

1. ION in Blue/western faction instead in Indipendent faction;
  2. NO old SUV on ION (like a crossover from arma 2);
  3. The recoil in xms doesn't seems a bullpup;

Adding in the old SUV would have just caused another shitstorm about "mods did it better" etc. no matter how much we would have improved it. 😕

• Like 4

Can't connect to Steam at the moment. Does this CDLC have any SP content or is it multiplayer only?

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Cheers

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, nettrucker said:

Does this CDLC have any SP content or is it multiplayer only?

SP/Coop campaign, two MP modes (variations of KotH and wave defense), a VR showcase, and two time trial races.

And a camel!

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Harzach said:

SP/Coop campaign,

What does this mean? A fully fleshed out  voiced acted SP campaign or a co-op type campaign that is playable solo but not really geared for it. You gotta remember -alot of SP players feel jilted since Apex and are wary of the SP/Co-Op label

30 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

What does this mean? A fully fleshed out  voiced acted SP campaign or a co-op type campaign that is playable solo but not really geared for it. You gotta remember -alot of SP players feel jilted since Apex and are wary of the SP/Co-Op label

A fully voice acted coop campaign that can be played in sp with hire-able ai mercs and various balance changes specifically for the sp mode to make it more enjoyable.

• Like 13

I've been messing with the AP-5 drone a little, and unless I'm missing something, there doesn't seem to be any way to reload it, even if you're carrying the correct ammunition for the weapon it's using. Am I just missing something?

You have to remove the weapon, reload it, and attach it again. Right now there is no other way to reload it.

Alternatively: Fly close to a supply truck or crate. It will then automatically reload.

Congratulations on release! Can't wait to play through the Extraction scenario 🙂

Ah, I see! One of the mods I usually play with seems to disable to option to disarm the drone, so I didn't notice that was an option! Now that I'm checking it out in vanilla, I see that you can put several different weapons on it.

Is there a specific list of weapons the drone accepts, or does it simply look for weapons that fit specific criteria? I'm wondering if it's possible for it to equip mod-added weapons or not. And if not, what's the full list of weapons it accepts?

You can place the drone in 3den and check the pylon settings. It shows all the compatible weapons.

It is possible to add more weapons to it, but sadly it's not exactly simple. There's a few things that need to be done. Also the current functionality is not exactly great and needs an overhaul. Not sure yet when / if we can do that, though.

Loving it so far. Worth the price of a cup of coffee just for the Galat and the camel patch!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

This is a pretty nice CDLC. I'm not far into it but it's looking pretty good.

Anyway, I just got started on the Extraction mission and I don't know how to check how much money I have. Where can I see this?

There's a money counter if you open your normal character inventory.

• Thanks 1

Congratz on the release ! I'm actually really liking what has been done, I think some more things could have been done (as usual with users, oh so demanding users) such as a SFIA variant of the AAF A-143 "Buzzard" plane (especially since the CSAT was initially planned on getting it) and the WY-55 Hellcat (as a light transport option, TK style). (Plus l'm so not quite sure why the Tura aren't allowed to use non-armored offroads but hey).

I just have a question - by any chance would anyone have any idea as to why our team's Linux dedicated server wouldn't be able to launch the expansion ? Launching the CDLC on its own apparently crashes the server on startup, launching with other mods (such as CBA) allows the server to properly boot, but ws apparently still won't launch itself. (mission list empty and all - even with a custom mission made and added to the server, so the island is just no recognized I'm going to guess). Files have been checked, double-checked, triple-checked. Tried to rename the CDLC folder in case it was messing up, no luck. Server still runs perfectly fine with other addons/CDLC's (such as SOG) so it's kinda taking us aback.

Just throws us something like this apparently (as I'm not one to manage the server, I'm just decent at english) :

Mods : ws;
17:42:09 SteamAPI initialization failed. Steam features won't be accessible!
aa3server@ns3024128:~/www/manage$ 17:42:09 Initializing stats manager.
sh: 1: /sbin/ifconfig: not found
17:42:09 Stats config disabled.
17:42:09 sessionID: 98b0b4c5a4dd098c0c8793efd21d54ff6e91c608
Error: can't resize AutoArray to negative size!
/home/aa3server/cmd_arma3.sh: line 50: 1821316 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) ./arma3server_x64 -port=2302 -name=server -config=cfg/server.cfg -cfg=cfg/network.cfg -mod=${mods} >> /home/aa3server/rpt/server_$(date +%s).rpt
Mods : ws;
aa3server@ns3024128:~/www/manage$

I'm going to guess we're doing something wrong but we can't see it.