Very new to the editor here; I am trying to make a simple firefight but I am having trouble getting the enemy behavior correct. 

I have a small OPFOR patrol walking in a circle around a very small village with waypoints. The waypoints are set to SAFE mode, not careless. There are four enemy characters per group and two groups total. The problem is, when I attack them as a BLUFOR, I can shoot anyone in the group from a distance, lets say as close as 60 meters away and no one else in the group cares that their friends have been shot. And if I run up on the enemy group, they might get a little figgity and shoot a few rounds off at me, but it seems like nobody will refuse to abandon their waypoints I set for them and continue on their way despite me being there.

In the base game, it seems like once they know you are there, they stop everything they are doing and try to find you as hard as they can. What am I doing wrong that I cant replicate this? I havent found any good tutorials on youtube because this is probably a very basic thing Im struggling with. 

Any advice is appreciated. 

Hello DennyFrontier, Welcome to BI forums!

7 hours ago, DennyFrontier said:

In the base game

So your using mods? if so whats mods?

If the base, vanilla game the AI respond as you described then the mods your using is altering the AI's behavior.

Something else you can take a look at if you need some perspectives and or other information on the subject of AI behavior

is to take a look at the category AI Actions, Behavior, Movement, & Shooting in my AI Compilation list under the threads section

and open the Behavior spoiler, you should find some threads there talking about what your concerned with.

Hope that helps.