johnnyboy

Add Dogs to VC Trackers in SP Prairie Fire missions

Demo Mission showing you how to add tracking dogs to VC Trackers in the Awesome Prairie Fire DLC

Some mission maker out there may want to add dogs to the VC trackers, so here's a sample mission showing you how.  The init.sqf contains a loop that looks for VC Tracker groups of type "stalker" spawned by the Tracker module, and then adds dogs to the "stalker" group.  The stalker group leader then controls the dogs.  If dogs sense enemy (i.e., player SOG team), they alert the VC Trackers to their presence by stopping, growling, and looking in direction of detected enemy.  Stalker group leader will then order the dog to attack (in Chinese since Vietnamese voices not supported) and dogs attack nearest detected SOG unit.  Also in the init.sqf you will see code that is commented out that would create a dog that is commandable by player.  This could be useful for a Bright Light mission where SOG team is tracking missing pilots or whatever.  See the JBOY Dog thread for more on JBOY dog.

The video below is on modern day Tanoa, but it illustrates exactly how the AI controlled dogs will work.  Just pretend the 2 dudes patrolling with the 2 dogs are VC trackers.  🙂

Download this demo mission for example of how to add tracker/attack dogs to the VC Trackers in a Prairie Fire mission.  It calls my JBOY Dog scripts which are NOT Multi-player compatible (and never will be).

For Multiplayer compatible dogs, see @LSValmont's excellent vDog scripts.  I think it would be pretty easy to adapt my example mission to use his MP compatible dogs instead.  Somebody should give it a go!

• Like 4