NTRODUCING

LIBERTAD

An ArmA III Modification

logo_libertad.png

Libertad is a large-scale mod made to benefit both the players and modders. Including hundreds of assets, a unique map as well as a campaign, we believe it will bring some fresh air to your gaming and creation sessions. While we are very excited to tell you more about the project, we are not yet ready to tell you more about the campaign.

This mod will take you to the Caribbean and introduce you to a new island full of life but also torn by the emerging revolution.

This is Libertad.

A brand new map

Isla Nueva is a tropical island of 80km² next to Cuba and located in the Caribbean. Both sumptuous and dangerous, it is a small island often considered as Cuba's little sister. Isla Nueva was discovered in the 16th century by a group of pirates. It quickly became known as a safe haven for ships seeking to avoid the law. Discover this unique environment composed of 3 cities, several villages, a jungle and secret places.

Showcase-EdalyRPG_50.png

Showcase-EdalyRPG_48.png

Showcase-EdalyRPG_47.png

Predators/Prey

Guerrillas, soldiers and other civilians are not the only inhabitants of Isla Nueva. Pigs, horses, cows, crocodiles, birds and crabs coexist in the different biomes of the island. While some are peaceful, others are aggressive and will not hesitate to attack you if you venture too far into their territory.

=Showcase-EdalyRPG_46.png

Horse

Explore the island of on foot, by car or... on horseback! It will allow you to move quickly even in the most difficult places of access. Walking, trotting, galloping, jumping or swimming allow the animal to move as naturally as any character.

Showcase-EdalyRPG_53.png

Over 500 unique objects

Libertad contains hundreds of assets including 30 enterable buildings, more than 100 items and furnitures such as: phones, radios, tables, chairs, sofa, various consumables but also weapons, vehicles, clothes, accessories and unique faces.

But also…

- Placable modules via ED3N

- Scripting functions

- New character animations.

The release of the mod as an All-In-One pack is planned for early 2022. We will provide modders, mission creators and servers with small themed mods that will allow you to take full advantage of the features presented. We are very happy to finally share these details with you and hope you like what we have in store for you.

Feel free to chat with us on Discord.

See you soon!

- Projets Edaly

Discord: https://discord.com/invite/SUCBQk3

Twitter: https://twitter.com/edalyfr

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

Looks great! Excited to see this released. Your discord link seems to be broken—hope it's updated soon. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SterlingC said:

Looks great! Excited to see this released. Your discord link seems to be broken—hope it's updated soon. 

Link updated, thank you! 

this is very interesting, I'll be looking forward to it! I've long hoped for a Caribbean island terrain in arma, and the new varieties of wildlife are very intriguing. wishing the best of luck to you guys on this project.

• Like 1

Presumably not called the 'Far Cry 6 mod' so Ubisoft don't slap a DMCA on you...

Does look good though, I like the look of that terrain and will follow with interest.

8 hours ago, Jackal326 said:

Presumably not called the 'Far Cry 6 mod' so Ubisoft don't slap a DMCA on you...

Does look good though, I like the look of that terrain and will follow with interest.

The era we represent (inspired by the first cuban revolution during the cold war), our assets and the features we develop are in the work since a very long time. We started our project 5 years ago.

Obviously, just like Ubisoft, our mod is mostly inspired by Cuba, so some elements will remind you of the only recent comparison you can have in video games: Far Cry 6.
When we started developing this idea, one of the only games that represented Cuba was Tropico. Some of our partners at first compared us to Tropico because it was the only reference they had. In reality, although we mainly drew from the history and rich environment of Cuba, we also took other Latin American countries as references for certain elements. I can't stress enough, our lore, our assets and our island are unique.

As a non-profit organization registered in France, we take to heart the respect of law and copyright. We are committed to these points and have people dedicated to this aspect in our team. 

We are not trying to create Far Cry 6 on Arma 3 and we will never compare our work to Ubisoft. Libertad is an original mod.

• Like 4

This sounds interesting! I feel there has always been a distinct lack of South American/Caribbean factions and islands for the Arma games. 

• Like 1

Huge fan of the Cuban culture being a little bit of a rumbero myself.. everything looks of exceeding quality

Hello!

If you are not on our Discord server, you may have missed these images:

EL_SC_BIF_03.jpg

FGAkWOqXsAEwtiZ?format=jpg&name=large

unknown.png

Bonus:

• Like 17

Hello! 

New video of the crocodile available.

He can now move freely underwater! 10 animations have been added to the 12 other animations. Thanks to this, the crocodile is now able to move, attack and die on land or in water.

• Like 14

Nice job on those animations, really brings the model to life

• Like 1

Gonna be hard to go into those Nam canals knowing those things could be lurking about..

Just amazing -curious do things always attack or are they more of a threat of attack like in RL. I think the latter makes them scarier just seeing them in the nearby region. Also did the Tiger ever get attack animations and behaviour? 

6 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Gonna be hard to go into those Nam canals knowing those things could be lurking about..

Just amazing -curious do things always attack or are they more of a threat of attack like in RL. I think the latter makes them scarier just seeing them in the nearby region. Also did the Tiger ever get attack animations and behaviour? 

Predators have 2 ways of being triggered at the moment:
1 - the animal can see its prey
2 - the animal can smell its prey

If the animal sees its prey, it will try to attack it. If it loses sight of its prey, it will move to the last place where it saw or smelled it and will try to find it. If it doesn't find it, it will leave after a few minutes.

Animals, even predators, can also be afraid. Shooting at an unalerted crocodile will cause it to panic and flee.

Crocodiles can also "ask for help" from other crocodiles if they are injured in an attack.  If you move away quickly during an attack and you manage to get out of the predator's territory, the predator will prefer to give up and automatically return to its home.  Moving quietly can help avoid a predator.

The tiger will be fully compatible with this system 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thats REALLY impressive sounding AI routine there you got for those animals -i mean id load up Arma editor just to play with that. Cant wait for this one

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MoonieFR said:

2 - the animal can smell its prey

Is that taking wind direction/speed into account? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Alwarren said:

Is that taking wind direction/speed into account? 

Unfortunately not, it's just based on the distance of the unit but it's an interesting idea, I'll pass it on to the person in charge of this feature.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MoonieFR said:

Unfortunately not, it's just based on the distance of the unit but it's an interesting idea, I'll pass it on to the person in charge of this feature.

Aw, too bad. Still, a very cool feature 🙂

WIP - Marilla Houses

New version for this typical nuevan building. Keep in mind that this model and textures are not finished.

unknown.png

• Like 10