Jump to content
idk by this point

Headless clients dont work

Recommended Posts

 

i am running a LAN client game 

i have done all the setup, and have installed Werthles' Headless Module, i have the headless clients local ip in the  LocalClient[] part of the server.cfg that is being used, but i dont see it in the player list nor in the Headless Client slot, any ideas?

 

the  command i am running is "arma3server.exe -profiles="C:\Users\clark\OneDrive\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles" -client -connect=192.168.0.1 -port 2302"

 

Quick edit, im using the arma3server.exe (dont have the game on the pc) and all it says in the console on the HC is "Dedicated Client Created" and nothing else

 

Mission sqm and server.cfg files https://anonfiles.com/D4BdmdNbu8/A3hcnotworkingstuff_zip

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

update 2: now it keeps getting kicked saying steam authentication failed, ive read all the forum posts i can find on this but none work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what? I had a similar problem with a "LAN" dedicated server I use for testing MP missions. I had to make sure STEAM was in ONLINE mode, launch the server, then launch the client in ONLINE mode, then connect to the server. Otherwise, it would kick me off the LAN server. 

 

It requires STEAM authentication for all clients and server.

 

Give that a try and see if it works even though you are in a LAN game. Just set a PW to lockout internet users.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Valken said:

You know what? I had a similar problem with a "LAN" dedicated server I use for testing MP missions. I had to make sure STEAM was in ONLINE mode, launch the server, then launch the client in ONLINE mode, then connect to the server. Otherwise, it would kick me off the LAN server. 

 

It requires STEAM authentication for all clients and server.

 

Give that a try and see if it works even though you are in a LAN game. Just set a PW to lockout internet users.

1. this is already on a lan server, and im starting a server in the arma 3 game.

2.they are both in online mode, but is there an arg needed to launch the headless client online? im using the arma_3_server files for the headless client, so i cant launch it thru steam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Headless client is a... client, and it must run Arma as any other client.

There is no client on dedicated server, by definition. Even with no interface, the dedicated server must run the mission. I doubt you can do that on a PC without Arma.

 

If you are running a dedicated server, arma-3_server, you need to launch a mission in server parameter. There are plenty of missing things in your zip.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Dedicated_Server

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Server_Config_File

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Headless_Client

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Headless client is a... client, and it must run Arma as any other client.

There is no client on dedicated server, by definition. Even with no interface, the dedicated server must run the mission. I doubt you can do that on a PC without Arma.

 

If you are running a dedicated server, arma-3_server, you need to launch a mission in server parameter. There are plenty of missing things in your zip.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Dedicated_Server

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Server_Config_File

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Headless_Client

 

i was told that the dedicated server contained all the needed things to be a headless client? and please tell me what exactly i am missing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Headless client is a... client, and it must run Arma as any other client.

There is no client on dedicated server, by definition. Even with no interface, the dedicated server must run the mission. I doubt you can do that on a PC without Arma.

 

If you are running a dedicated server, arma-3_server, you need to launch a mission in server parameter. There are plenty of missing things in your zip.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Dedicated_Server

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Server_Config_File

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Headless_Client

 

also, the host is being run as a lan in the full game, not dedicated, and i was told lan headless nondedicated worked?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, idk by this point said:

1. this is already on a lan server, and im starting a server in the arma 3 game.

2.they are both in online mode, but is there an arg needed to launch the headless client online? im using the arma_3_server files for the headless client, so i cant launch it thru steam.

 

 

Edit... I reread your message.

 

Are you actually launcher the ARMA 3 game, then HOSTING it so your game client is both playing and letting other users connect to you?

 

Post your server.cfg file so we can see how it is setup.

 

 

Lastly, you need to make sure the mission you are hosting on the server, has the headlessclient modules placed into it, Press F5 in 3den to goto the correct menu, setup the module, then export it to a MP mission, then load that mission to the server.

 

Then when you connect to the mission, it should show both player slots and headclient slots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Valken said:

 

 

Edit... I reread your message.

 

Are you actually launcher the ARMA 3 game, then HOSTING it so your game client is both playing and letting other users connect to you?

 

Post your server.cfg file so we can see how it is setup.

 

 

Lastly, you need to make sure the mission you are hosting on the server, has the headlessclient modules placed into it, Press F5 in 3den to goto the correct menu, setup the module, then export it to a MP mission, then load that mission to the server.

 

Then when you connect to the mission, it should show both player slots and headclient slots.

yes, i am hosting it so my client is both playing and letting others connect to me

 

and yes, it does have the headless client modules placed

 

server.cfg file: https://anonfiles.com/b165B8N0uc/server_cfg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where is the headless client? On hosted server, as 2nd session?, I'm not sure you'll gain any performance.

Hosting means running mission as server and playing on the same PC , same session. A session is a launch.

You are speaking about dedicated, server.cfg, What's the link with hosted mission?

Perhaps are you running a dedicated session (using arma3server.exe if I refer to your first post), and a player session on the same PC (it's possible), but in this case, you don't have an hosted server.

Perhaps you want yo launch somewhere a headless client... Same PC as server / player ? It's useless.

Anyway, the first question is: what kind of server (dedicated or hosted, dedicated doesn't have any player/client in the same session)?

The second question? : a headless client? What for? Most of the time, you don't need it. Think about dynamic simulation and spawn for units instead.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×