johnnyboy

JBOY Punji and Willy Pete Victim FX

JBOY Punji and Willy Pete Victim FX

Here's some fun visual effects to make your awesome Prairie Fire missions a little more visceral:

Download the sample mission here

Issues:

• Untested in Multiplayer.  If one of you guys wants to test that out for me and give me feedback, that would be great.

To implement in your missions, copy the JBOY folder from the sample mission into your mission folder, and copy the lines from the init.sqf into your init.sqf.

Credit:

• Thanks to @HallyG for the blood spray particle fx.
  • Like 9
  • Haha 3

More JBoy madness -ya see, this is exactly the kinda stuff I was hoping id encounter in SOG vanilla -Vietnam war was visceral violence yet you need mods to feel that. Good stuff again JohnSton

• Thanks 1

Love it thanks for the share 

Arma 3 is the only game I play now seems to have captivated me.. LOL

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sshinto said:

Love it thanks for the share 

Arma 3 is the only game I play now seems to have captivated me.. LOL

Right on man. Welcome aboard.  Did you pick up the Prairie Fire DLC?  Its pretty bad ass.

• Like 1

Hello,

Yes I have all the DLC I purchased everyone LOL

Still learning this game there's allot to wrap your head around Getting My New HOTAS soon so cant wait to bind keys for Warthog (^_^)

• Haha 1

Wicked fun bro' and best title for a script...EVER! :rthumb:

• Haha 1

Would this work with the compatibility data set? I own SOGPF but if we can use the gear in non SOGPF terrains or missions, that would be pretty cool as well. I love enabling the molotov and napalm in ARMA 3!

10 minutes ago, Valken said:

Would this work with the compatibility data set? I own SOGPF but if we can use the gear in non SOGPF terrains or missions, that would be pretty cool as well. I love enabling the molotov and napalm in ARMA 3!

It's dependent on the PF Willy Pete grenade and the PF Punji traps.  If you own PF, those assets should be available to you on any terrain, so it should work!

• Like 1

I just want to add all these great traps and weapons to Ravage! Base defense just took on a WHOLE new level of immersion!!! 

• Like 3

Immersive & visceral is right!  Every time I watch this puts a huge grin on my face.  This (and more like it) should be part of SOG vanilla. Well done j-boy, can’t wait to see what’s next.

• Like 2

These punji traps are now built into my new SOG AI mod.  So any traps that have been placed by mission creators or placed by player or AI will be converted to these brutal traps when using the mod.

• Like 1