Sign in to follow this  
Natacle

How can I edit a helicopter config to use the advanced flight model?

Title. I've been trying to make a small mod to allow the CUP Merlin and Mi-8 to use the advanced flight model for use by my unit, but I've had no luck thus far. All I've been able to find after fairly extensive searching is a guide on writing a new advanced flight model, which while useful, is not exactly what I need - I'm asking here because I haven't been able to find information on how to edit a class to use the AFM anywhere. Does anyone have experience with this?

39 minutes ago, Natacle said:

Title. I've been trying to make a small mod to allow the CUP Merlin and Mi-8 to use the advanced flight model for use by my unit, but I've had no luck thus far. All I've been able to find after fairly extensive searching is a guide on writing a new advanced flight model, which while useful, is not exactly what I need - I'm asking here because I haven't been able to find information on how to edit a class to use the AFM anywhere. Does anyone have experience with this?

I'm no expert on vehicle modding but I think the models also need a PhysX lod to use AFM but don't quote me on that.

On 10/11/2021 at 7:36 PM, Natacle said:

Sorry for necro month-old post but I am quite sure people will try that again.
The answer is - you cannot do it if you don't have direct access to the model. It needs to have a specific set of memory points as reference points for AFM. So, it the addon in question hasn't been made for AFM, most likely it doesn't have those mem points included.