Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Adf mod releases...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Feb. 12 2003,16:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mr. Snrub @ Feb. 12 2003,02:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Feb. 12 2003,04:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What?!? No Crocodile Dundee unit?!? crazy.gifbiggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, well.....

*tries to think of equivalent crappy representation of Swedish culture*

damn....

biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Would you be happier if I had asked for Yahoo Serious? biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I can't believe you know who Yahoo Serious is! But I bet you wish you didn't smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ Feb. 11 2003,22:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Where can I find the dudes in black from one of the screenshots?<span id='postcolor'>

West > ADF Special Forces > TAG-E

@oxpecker

Ok, lets make this a flame war now if that's what ya want. crazy.gif

FFS Its called lack of info about installing the mod..."shoddy" was in response to dloading a non working pack with no info that should have been there in the NEWSPOST about extra needed addons. Readme's shouldnt contain seceret things ya need to make it work.

I never critisized the actual mod at all. Other people have done that. I just wanted the thing to not give errors(and I aint alone on all this btw).

As for your doing it in 2 minutes flat...Ya, I heard that about you. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CanadianTerror @ Feb. 12 2003,09:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok, lets make this a flame war now if that's what ya want. crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

OxpPcker & CanadianTerror, one more word out of you two and you won't be posting here for a week. Now behave!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mr. Snrub @ Feb. 12 2003,02:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- the Auscam looks a little too grey - probably to make the camo look faded or to make it blend in better with the OFP islands/upcoming ADF islands (a great idea - previous Aust. units were too green), but it does look too grey/not green enough...<span id='postcolor'>

I have to agree, it looks like theyve really toned down the birghtness and contrast on the cammo. I would prefer crisper, more lifelike cammo for these brilliant units.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Feb. 12 2003,08:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mr. Snrub @ Feb. 12 2003,02:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Feb. 12 2003,04:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What?!? No Crocodile Dundee unit?!?  crazy.gif  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, well.....

*tries to think of equivalent crappy representation of Swedish culture*

damn....

biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Would you be happier if I had asked for Yahoo Serious? biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!! don't bring that hypo-over excited moron Steve Irwin into all this. I don't know of a single person who thinks that he is a good thing... confused.gif We aren't like that!! He's an exception to the rule. We are all beer gut loaded yobbos livin' off the dole and watchin afl and cricket and living in housing commision homes, aren't we biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif , just like that guy that did the song "Bloke".

I think I'm one of those blokes.

Hey, everyone I'm the co-founder and website dude of the ADF Mod. Seems I made it a little late to the topic, but you seemed to have answered for me wink.gif .

The cammo should be spot-on I personally scanned some Auscam army pants to use as the cammo.

The reason behind having to download several different addons to get the soldiers to work is its easier for us to make a minor change without having to make you download a file around 50mb.

There is a V1.10 of the Sniper Rifle Pack which has fixed the missing textures on the AW-50F in 1st person...

crazy.gif

I've nearly finished a mission using these guys, well, the soldiers with/without vests any way. Just gotta do the briefing and some other things like an intro. Hmmm, hand't thought of that, I'd better get to work on it. It's not very historically accurate (now days ADF assaulting NVA from SEB Nam Pack 2 on the Normandy map) but it looked pretty good when my friend played some of it on his PC when I used Rangers and normal OFP guys. I've also tried to make the sections/platoons with the right amount of men(to the best of my knowledge) and I've tried to keep the make up of each section accurate, enough, but anyway, back to work...

Lovely add-on.

Just need to change the faces to that of some old 'comrades' from the Australian Army Cadets, send them across a minefield and I'll be a happier person tounge.gif

Lol, what about those coporals turned sergeants who let it go to their heads?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (URKET @ Feb. 13 2003,10:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The cammo should be spot-on I personally scanned some Auscam army pants to use as the cammo.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, the colours look exactly right, just the contrast or brightness or something seems a little low, maybe something that happened in the electronic processing of the image?

First, let me say how much I love these addons...any criticism I give is intended as constructive.

The cammo on the soldiers seems a little faded, like it has lost some contrast or something when you imported the scan.

auscam.jpg

On the above pic I toned down the contrast (on the right). It looks like this may have been what happened with the textures. Not a big deal, but is is noticable. If it's too much work to reapply the textures, they are certainly good enough as is.

The only other thing I would point out is that the bolt is on the wrong side of the AW50F. Someone else made one of these recently, and it had the same problem. They filpped it for a re-release.

Anyway, keep up the good work. Great to see Aussies represented on the OFP battelfield!  smile.gif

So when will the kangaroo addon be released? We need Roos!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Well if the ozzies need croc dundee/yahoo units to be umm,

"complete"

Let's parley that one further shall we?

UK- Mr. Bean/Benny Hill commando, supported by the Monty Python Irregulars

USA- Oh MY GAWD! you cannot be serious, after all, we also outdo the rest of the world in the production of idiots, so just for basics I'd suggest.....Pauley Shore/CarrotTop Specops

Please someone else take up the crusade,

P.S. The SwedishChef and the meatball girl come to mind for some odd (most likely preverted) reason

Just gotta say congrats to the ADF Mod team for the way they have given the LAW Soldiers only one LAW. Nice and realistic. Keep up the good work. There's a few other things in that caught my attention that I wont say because I don't know how sensitive it is. Probably isn't but just to be safe. Anyway, this is one great mod, even better than SEB Nam Pack 2 (mabye it's because I'm going into the Australian Army to train to be a rifleman in about 6-7 months, but still). Great job, I've got alot of my missions that I want to see these guys in instead of Yanks.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Feb. 14 2003,21:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">On the above pic I toned down the contrast (on the right). It looks like this may have been what happened with the textures. Not a big deal, but is is noticable. If it's too much work to reapply the textures, they are certainly good enough as is.<span id='postcolor'>

My thoughts exactly - the actual texture is spot on, it just seems like the contrast is a bit too low. As MF said, if it's too much trouble, they are fine the way they are smile.gif

Also, I was just wondering whether it would be possible to re-model the boonie hat? The existing ones in-game are quiet rigid and straight, whereas the ones Aust. troops wear seem to be softer, or 'floppier' (for the lack of a better word smile.gif )...

Edit: Found a pic that might help show what I mean re: hats...

2RAREastTimor.jpeg

Thanks guys...

I'll pass on the info and also try and fix the auscam quality crazy.gif

does the para grenadier lock anyone elses computer up?

everytime i try to use it, it locks the computer while loading the mission, then i have to reboot