Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Adf mod releases...

You will also need to grab the MG pack (same page) otherwise you will get an error message when you start OFP.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (radt @ Feb. 11 2003,13:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi Major Fubar!

Nice work! excellent!

I add news and hosped download in my website!

smile.gifwww.pelotaofab.com<span id='postcolor'>

Cool.

I just want to make it clear that this isn't my work though. I'm just a fan  wink.gif

I put the 4 packs into addons and [n00b mode] it doesn't work!? [/n00b mode]

I get missing p3ds and the sniper rifle isnt textured from first person mode.   wow.gif

I can use 1 sniper and a pilot and thats about it.

The browning is cool though(thats working)  smile.gif  

Since there are only the 4 pbo's to put in there, I'm stumped.  crazy.gif

EDIT: I also get a crash to desktop if I put in a group of just normal infantry.

What?!? No Crocodile Dundee unit?!? crazy.gifbiggrin.gif

The only problem I had was with the machine guns! But I already found a solution to that.

Very nice addon! Of course it would've been nice if you included couple of missions with it... biggrin.gif

Where can I find the dudes in black from one of the screenshots?

Is it just me or do all of the guys have eye problems? Seriously, all of the units wear eye glasses. I think some of the special forces guys don't.

Is it supposed to be like this or is it a glitch?

its probaly some kind of bug, ive seen it before on other addons

Ah, ok. It would have had to be that or the Aussies have some new requirement for their soldiers. biggrin.gif

Well after doing a check, I figured that I must be missing something(a weapons pack perhaps).

If you are going to release a mod with all the addons listed in the newspost that are required...don't forget to mention that one THAT ISNT CURRENTLY LISTED WITH THE OTHERS!

You need 5 pbo's not 4 to make this work.

mad.gif

Ya i get that same crash to desktop prob but iam downloading the weapons pack so hopefully that will amek it work confused.gif

I installed the 4 new packs, plus the older MG pack, and it all runs fine.

My only gripe is the AW-50F. It looks like a CS import, as the bolt is on the wrong side. Also, it seems to be missing some LOD textures (goes white at some distances).

Other than that, kicks arse! Has inspired me to have a try at some Aussie based mission making.

Does anyone know of any Australian reskins of BIS vehicles around?

Very nice addon indeed, good to finally see some new Aust. troops...just a few little points:

- the Auscam looks a little too grey - probably to make the camo look faded or to make it blend in better with the OFP islands/upcoming ADF islands (a great idea - previous Aust. units were too green), but it does look too grey/not green enough...

- the tan boots are a little too bright for the camo, which looks a little strange, especially on OFP islands. It might be a better idea to fit the troops with black boots (which some soldiers still wear), and have the tan boots for any upcoming Aust. desert camo units...

- i'd rather see the units with the Okely goggles wearing them on the helmet, rather than over the eyes, which i've never seen outside of a desert environment. If i'm wrong, please point it out.

- the boonie hats seem to sit a little too high on the heads of the units. Not sure if anything can be done about this - it just looks a tad odd...

Anyhoo, an absolutely ripper addon - it's got a permanent place on my harddrive (at least til the next version comes along) smile.gif

@ Antichrist - the black SAS CT units can be found under ADF Special Forces > TAG-E (right at the bottom) smile.gif

Edit: After a bit more playing around with the addon, the camo actually looks pretty much spot on....I don't know why it looked grey, but it seemed like that last night...

The boots look terrific on desert islands, but they still look a little peculiar on the 'greener' islands....maybe if they were scuffed and dirtied up a bit....but black boots would still look pretty swanky smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Feb. 12 2003,04:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What?!? No Crocodile Dundee unit?!? crazy.gifbiggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, well.....

*tries to think of equivalent crappy representation of Swedish culture*

damn....

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CanadianTerror @ Feb. 12 2003,11:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I guess the older MG pack has the missing maching gun then?

crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Here's the link for the MG pack you need (it's v1.0, the only release thus far):

ADF Machine Gun Pack

I agree, it's a tad peculiar that this wasn't listed as a required PBO...

To be fair, the PBO's 'listed' are there because they are either being released or re-released & the PBO's required to work are listed in the readme files...

But I suppose most of the people that would take an interest in this pack would have known about the MG / Rifle packs already

The required pbo's are listed in the readme file that comes with each of the packs.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CanadianTerror @ Feb. 12 2003,05:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">shoddy.

That makes 6 pbo's now and only 4 are listed.<span id='postcolor'>

Shoddy? Well, that's one asshole's opinion. Tell me, what great and wonderous addons have you contributed to the community?

It's easy to sit on your ass and criticise other people's work.

Is it really so hard for you to figure out what pbos to install?

I did it in about 2 minutes flat.

true, they should have included it in the readme, but does that give you the right to whine like a lil bitch about a free addon that someone has made for people like you?

----edit----

Apparently according to the post above, the info IS included in the readme.

From the ADF troops readme:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">THIS PACK REQUIRES: ADF rifles pack, ADF Browning, ADF Sniper Rifles and ADF MGs

Go to http://adfmod.opflashpoint.org/ to download these other great addons from the

ADF Mod.<span id='postcolor'>

From the ADF SF readme:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">THIS PACK REQUIRES: ADF rifles pack, ADF Browning, ADF Sniper Rifles and ADF MGs

Go to http://adfmod.opflashpoint.org/ to download these other great addons from the

ADF Mod.<span id='postcolor'>

Quite detailed instructions really. That's why it pays to read the readme.txt.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mr. Snrub @ Feb. 12 2003,02:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Feb. 12 2003,04:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What?!? No Crocodile Dundee unit?!?  crazy.gif  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, well.....

*tries to think of equivalent crappy representation of Swedish culture*

damn....

biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Would you be happier if I had asked for Yahoo Serious? biggrin.gif