TGxBrK

First time poster require Popup target scripting help

Hi All, 

Sorry for posting another Popup target thread. Very new to the ARMA syntax, I am currently attempting to create a testing ground for my unit so we can have a shooting range. Currently im aware i can set the targets to stay down via the init box on the attributes box by setting nopop = false; however Im wanting to create something abit more complex. I want the targets to display a message when they have been hit and I would also like the targets to be controlled via a Laptop or NPC which will reset the targets. 

Sorry if this has been covered previously and thank you for any help and guidance. 

Welcome to the forums 🔑

here you go this should help: 

• Like 2

Thank you JohnKalo, 

I have watched the video but got confused on how to actually impliment the sqf to run ingame. 

I have the sqf provided in the mission folder but unsure how to go any further.

• Like 1

The guy in the video seems to be using a trigger to do the work. Additionally, he shows exactly the syntax you have to use to call the script.

Would you care to pinpoint which part of the video you didn't understand so that we may help you clarify things?

• Like 2

The .sqf goes into the mission folder that is in your documents. Then you call it as shown in the video. You place the line of code (with the execVM) in the activation of a trigger for example and you can place true as a trigger condition. 

Arma editing can be complex when starting to get into it. It gets easier upon experience. Maybe you can find some simple missions unpbo them and see how it all works. As a first step. Best of wishes for your project 👍  

• Like 2